[Arizona] AZ and friends!

I'll be hosting casuals probably tomorrow starting at 5 til whenever.
17374 n 89th ave, Peoria AZ, 85382. Camden sierra apartments.
Shoot me a txt before you come though because due to limited parking you guys will have to park at the grocery store parking lot next the my spot and I'll pick you up

Sounds great, I'll be there. I'll send you a text tomorrow

Lol alright this is war, now that DE has a scene i'm going to be trolling the hell outta you guys. Hope things are good over there buddy.

Scene? LOL I haven't touched the game since last time I played you. Hopefully that changes soon

I hope yall can make it out for this.

Ultimate X Team Tournament V (real lazy name, I know)
@ UAT
3/17/12
12 pm casuals
2 pm SCV
5 pm SFxT(pair mode)
8 pm UMVC3
Bring Setups please. I'll be looking into hubs for SFxT. If you got your own, bring them.
$10 entry per team (means $5 entry per person)
60/30/10 split
Pokemon Style for SCV and UMVC3 (AvsA -> AvsB)
2 of 3 games (3 of 5 for finals)

Uh busy with LoL and Warmachine/Hordes. I'll try to get up with them. My 3 day old Mitsu is still more than many people can handle.

I hope yall can make it out for this.

Ultimate X Team Tournament V (real lazy name, I know)
@ UAT
3/17/12
12 pm casuals
2 pm SCV
5 pm SFxT(pair mode)
8 pm UMVC3
Bring Setups please. I'll be looking into hubs for SFxT. If you got your own, bring them.
$10 entry per team (means $5 entry per person)
60/30/10 split
Pokemon Style for SCV and UMVC3 (AvsA -> AvsB)
2 of 3 games (3 of 5 for finals)

Damn I can't make this, don't get off work til 5:30 PM :(

Top 3 were:
1st: spqr
2nd: kpc
3rd: ailcross
I don't remember the others but I think there was around 12 people I think.
A for the team tournament, same issue with me,I work til like 4

Yeah I want to know as well. I heard Omega win FR, but I didn't get to watch the stream at all.

I don't know what place he took, but DrDogg scrubbed out to not knowing character matches. I forget who he played against, but he lost to a Natsu and a Maxi. First match the Natsu player was blocking DFLY K and DFLY B, with maybe two exceptions where he ate the DFLY K. So in the second match he was throwing out the SDFLY unblockable which hit a couple times, then Natsu started air throwing him out of SDFLY and killed any viability that mixup had. Unfortunate, but Taki has been able to air throw out of SDFLY since at least SC4, and Ivy presumably can still do the same thing with 6B9. So, Natsu had the superior char-specific tech.

Game against the Maxi player just came down to DrDogg not knowing Maxi. I watched him eat the low kick into the roundhouse knockdown/RO every single time.

I definitely think DrDogg could've won either of those brackets if he was more familiar with the Natsu/Maxi matchups. DrDogg, consider this a call to start playing more online. The lag isn't nearly as bad as SC4 was, online is actually a viable method of getting character practice. It can't beat offline, but it's not completely worthless either.

I tied for 17th out of 250+ so it wasn't too bad. I was one win away from making it out of pools. I went 4-0, then lost in winner's finals to the Natsu player (who I think took 2nd overall?), and lost to a Maxi player in loser's finals.

The Natsu was very solid, so I don't think I would've beaten him with Yoshi even if I knew the match-up better. However, I think I could've beaten the Maxi had I known where to block/interrupt. I also probably shouldn't have switched to ZWEI in that final match, but I was frustrated with Yoshi after the Natsu loss and figured I'd give him a shot.

I play online a lot (when I have time). It doesn't really help with match-ups since everyone online sucks. I just need to go into the lab and work on my match-ups. I had planned to do that before Final Round, but work got in the way (which showed at the Manawerx tournament).

I will probably be heading out to the Madcatz Championships in April since that's pretty close in San Diego. I was thinking about NorCal Regionals in a few weeks, but I think I need more time in the lab.

TUCSON TOURNAMENT

Location: Arcade in a Box (5540 E. Hampton St., Tucson, AZ 85712)

10 Door Fee (Credit accepted)

Tournament entry fees (CASH ONLY)
-$10 Entry Fee for all games

Saturday April 21st
Doors will open at Noon for casuals and registration

SFxT
SF2012
UMVC3
SCV

Registration for Tournaments will be from Noon - 1pm

Rules
-Double Elimination, 2 out of 3.
-Losers/Winners/Grand Finals are 3 out of 5
-Loser may switch character/team
-Winner may switch ultra
-70/20/10 payout for all games

At this time SCV is looking to be setup in a side room. If interested please let me know, the more people that show interest the more likely we are to get streamed. If you are on fb and want to get info on the event, check below

https://www.facebook.com/events/340405236006323/

Hope to see everyone there!

I'm not big on paying a $10 venue fee to AIAB. However, if enough Tucson and Phoenix players are interested in going, I may go. I'd prefer not to drive though since I'll probably be driving to San Diego the week before for the MadCatz tournament.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at the Facebook event and I see that the AIAB staff is still ignorant. I won't support this tournament.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at the Facebook event and I see that the AIAB staff is still ignorant. I won't support this tournament.

Not liking you doesn't make someone ignorant. Acknowledging the fact that you don't like AiAB is pretty much moot though.

Either way, I hope peeps relish the chance for a saturday tourney with a pretty good turnout. There's also multiple games so hopefully we can get a good enough turnout to have more tournies in the future!

Not liking you doesn't make someone ignorant. Acknowledging the fact that you don't like AiAB is pretty much moot though.

You're absolutely correct. However, I have never told someone not to go to AIAB. They support the Tucson competitive scene and that's important.

Abe/Ed seems to think that I would go out of my way to tell the Phoenix SC community not to go to the AIAB tournament just because I dislike their business practices and the quality of their employees. Then Armando feels the need to chime in on the subject. That is ignorance in my book.

Had nothing been said about me, I'd be going to this tournament. That wasn't the case, so I'm definitely not going to drive 2 hours to play 3 people (since it will mostly be Phoenix players) just to deal with the ignorance in person.

Back