Ask the Dev team of SC4 a question:

ChaCha

[10] Knight
http://www.whatswithinyoursoul.com/round/?challenge_id=651

At the above link, apparently the development team and director will be taking questions about the game, and answering some of them. I encourage you all to come up with some provocative questions for them to answer, and maybe they can shed some light on decisions they made, characters they balanced and where they saw this game heading competitively.

Post your questions here, so the rest of us can see what is answered later and what was passed over.

here is mine:

Hello,

I was wondering where the mindset of the team was in the creation of Tira's new style and move sets?
She is a GREAT concept, I love the mood switching. But she seems ...unfinished... In gloomy mood her self-damage hardly seems worth the risk of most moves she performs (why does it happen on block?), she has very little to no guaranteed damage in comparison to others, no ability to maintain pressure and a fairly weak mix up game. Her Jolly stance has even less damage and ability to punish. Overall this gives her a horrible match up vs a lot of the cast. Paired up with random mood switching, it makes her flaws hard to overcome in a competitive setting...

Is there any light you can shed on her, and perhaps help us envision what you expected Tira users to resort to using in competitive play?

cha cha

I don't play SCIV anymore, but I'm curious about Hilde.

I asked :

My question is about Hilde and the charge attacks. Is it intended that she can use the trigger buttons to hold the charges and fight normally with the face buttons? Is this going to be changed?

Not the best wording, so someone may want to resubmit the question with a clearer explanation.

Questions I might ask if inspired to slog through that site:

"When you hear the Star Wars theme song, do you have a hard time looking people in the eye for a little while afterwards?"

"Will the next installment feature a jump to the future, and if so will Bangoo have found the secret to not sucking that has eluded his foster father?"

you have to go to the above link, in the first post, and register there, takes about 3 minutes.

Here are mine:

1) I'm very pleased with the balance of this game. SC4 has a very good balance on the tiers and I'm amazed at how good it turned out considering the lack of arcades for extensive testing.

First question. Why only 2 new characters and one of them a boss when the average of new characters per sequel is 4? (Bonus characters and guests don't count) And why remove the Olcadan/Edgemaster type since that's been an addition since ever?

2) Rock is a throw based character with ground throw loops and low throws. A pure grappler. However, Astaroth still remains the better thrower with his JF command throws, low throws and unescapable ax pickup.

If they are gonna be brutes, why doesn't Rock gets all the throws possible like JF command throws like Astaroth, air throws and none damage scaling ground throws on the loops and Astaroth gets the better movelist with the ax and good throws but not the better movelist with the better throws since that kinda makes Rock obsolete.

Like why play Rock over Astaroth gameplaywise? The only reasons to do so presently are fan reasons. Rock can compete but Astaroth is clearly better.

3) Will there be a SC4 BR or something of the like?

SC4 is good but feels kinda incomplete without the mimic character, Li Long and so few new characters.

A SC4 BR or something may be a great idea bringing back Li Long, the mimic character and new styles of weapons like a double sai practicioner, an escrima type fighter with the dual kali sticks, a chain and sickle type of weapon resembling Ninja Gaiden 2 Kusarigama, a tri-staffer, a tomahawk.

There are quite a few weapons and they don't have to be the magical kind like Ivy's or Algol. Some real weapons like these maybe a good idea and even more if you make a SC4 upgrade.

What do you think?

4) Will there be a patch or SC4 upgrade with better online experience/gameplay in the future?

5) Any chance of the 8WR movement of SC1 or SC3 to make a return along with individual stages for all characters and multitiered arenas?

I hope that Tira question is answered...what with the abundance of retardation that seems to piling up, I just hope it doesn't get lost amongst the more frivolous questions.

ummmmm, let me know when they actually answer stuff...make a new topic please so i can notice xD - and i'm sure many others will want to see.
I personally have no questions, really.

Yea, it's a shame only unproductive idiots who ask stupid and pointless questions take notice of these opportunities.

I was seriously hoping some of our better posters and players would seize this opportunity and maybe get the developers to notice that the community is here, and eager for some answers on the exciting and disappointing changes they have made to the system, and a chance for them to explain their stances on and ideas behind each change.

It probably won't happen though :(

cha cha

I posted mine already.

Cha-You think the developers have an idea on how things are gonna end up gameplaywise/competitively?

Without arcades and top player input, I think all they do is put their concepts on the game and if it works, fine. Look what happened with console SC3. They even admitted that they just wanted to make characters as fun to play as possible but they messed up the balance.

Look at SC1. The game had decent balance on the DC version but it was mostly by accident.

I think SC4 is the same way.

I'm at work so I just asked some basic questions because I doubt if I asked something more detailed that it would get answered or looked at:

1) Will there be any new backgrounds that will be added?

2) Are the any plans to make the Japanese DLC available to NA/EU?

3) Will there be any new characters that are added to the game?

4) Are there any additions to the game that are currently being worked on?

5) Are there any plans for any free DLC to be added to the game?

I also agree that without arcades or top player input, who knows how things will end up.

1) What was the reasoning for the new buffering system? To slow down the overall pace of the game, or to require more skill in order to perform 8WR moves? If it was the latter, that seems counterproductive to online play; due to online lag, the stricter you require the timing to be, the less likely it is that someone will be able to play effectively. Even if the idea is to "even" the playing field for casual types, it seems ridiculous to make everyone suffer for it.

2) The story seems very unpolished compared to the other games in the series, especially Soul Calibur 3. Is there any reason for that? For example, let's look at the character endings in SC3: every character had at least two (Kilik had three) and they actually showed some interesting scenarios (such as Tira invading the Alexandra home). This game, on the other hand, has very brief endings which really give no insight to the characters whatsoever.

3) And then, there's Tower of Lost Souls mode. Why omit the other (in my opinion, superior) 1P modes from the past for that? Some of the challenges therein are absolutely ridiculous; for example, there's one mission where you have to kill everyone/I] via Critical Finish, but the enemies start GIing like mad when their Soul Gauge is flashing. That just seems like a very "lazy" form of challenge.

Ask them why online sucks donkey balls. Maybe if enough people ask the same question they'll actually answer one of us.

Cha cha covered what I'm curious about. I would ask about Yun's movelist too but I doubt that'll change. I think I'll ask what they envisioned for him.

Back