Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Ok, so get this they Don't have the same style since wen did Amy weild an orb of energy? Second off ivy had roses too and third off Amy has red hair, so what happened to her hair?her eyes are brown, how is that an odd color? Just coz she lost Herr memory doedoesn't mean she is amy. So I ask again, other than clothing similarities and memory loss, how is this Amy!?

Ok so point out some stuff that makes it clear that she's not Amy. Amy's eyes are red, btw.

lol'd, beat me to it.

Just saw the high-rez pictures.

Me and my friend Mariella agree this is Amy at 30.

She changed her name after she ran away from Raphael, DUH.

Okay guyz, so i looked at a hi-res pic of Amy and a hi-res pic of Viola and their skin tones are even different, along with their faces. So I went ahead and looked at a hi res of Hilde in SCIV and now in SCV and she still looks like Hilde in her face. Just because you get older it does not mean that your whole face changes...now, even if this was Amy, shouldn't all of the gamers that use Amy as a main be pissed off? I mean damn, they changed EVERY aspect about Amy. She doesn't even have her fighting style anymore. If Project Soul did something like this with Talim, I personally would be pissed. I know Amy is a secondary character, but changing her so much so that she doesn't even use the same weapon or fighting style doesn't seem like something Project Soul would do to their fans.

Okay guyz, so i looked at a hi-res pic of Amy and a hi-res pic of Viola and their skin tones are even different, along with their faces. So I went ahead and looked at a hi res of Hilde in SCIV and now in SCV and she still looks like Hilde in her face. Just because you get older it does not mean that your whole face changes...now, even if this was Amy, shouldn't all of the gamers that use Amy as a main be pissed off? I mean damn, they changed EVERY aspect about Amy. She doesn't even have her fighting style anymore. If Project Soul did something like this with Talim, I personally would be pissed. I know Amy is a secondary character, but changing her so much so that she doesn't even use the same weapon or fighting style doesn't seem like something Project Soul would do to their fans.

The skin is the light. the model art and your own avatar is 100% Amy skintone.

Also i was in spain this summer and im normally almost as white as sc amy but now im tanned too.

The skin is the light. the model art and your own avatar is 100% Amy skintone.

Also i was in spain this summer and im normally almost as white as sc amy but now im tanned too.
. . . I'm not even going to go there with you lol. Anywho the stages look beautiful guyz!

that trailer was awesome! the graphics look neater and neater with every announcement.

now i'm a 100% sure that Viola is Amy because it's exactly the same japanese voice actress like SCIV Amy. her moveset looks interesting, too, very confusing, just like good old Amy :P

also, the stages are pretty damn great. look at the single-walled kunpaetku stage. whoa. i could deal with less stages featuring giant statues that watch the place, but they don't ruin it for me. especially the japanese stage has just the right feeling.

also, i think they are hinting at weapon exhibitions returning, because they showed a part of ivy's if i'm not mistaken.

also, i think they are hinting at weapon exhibitions returning, because they showed a part of ivy's if i'm not mistaken.

I thought so, too, but the rest of the characters looked like start/win poses. Ivy does kinda the same thing in her win pose in IV if you win the last round with a Critical Finish.

Just think of it as them rectifying all those years of shitting on Raphael and his fans by giving all the good stuff to her.

Just think of it as them rectifying all those years of shitting on Raphael and his fans by giving all the good stuff to her.

XD

I <3 you, Thespsian.

Besides that, it would differentiate them more as to not bring in two fencers... I'm feeling that it's pretty likely that both will be returning if that's Amy, which makes me happy. I didn't want Amy cut from the game... I just don't want her to replace Raphael.

Plus, her new fighting style and look (assuming it is her) seem to kick ass, so what's the problem?

Who else is reminded of Rose in Street Fighter? Is it just me?

I think it's definitely Amy... in the trailer, they listed the CV (character voice) of every single new character... except Amy.
cause the only thing she says is Amy.... or in this case Viola... no need a voice actor for that XD

Anywhore... she is Amy period.

Is it just me or Pat is looking god tier already? :P

cause the only thing she says is Amy.... or in this case Viola... no need a voice actor for that XD

Anywhore... she is Amy period.

Is it just me or Pat is looking god tier already? :P
I don't know about god-tier, most of the moves they've shown him using look like they're punishable as fuck.

Live streams

3 Viewers
RespectVibes
RespectVibes
Casual Online Matches - Kilik
1 Viewers
SmartMouth420
SmartMouth420
SoulCaliburVI. Try to get gold on Arcade and continue new character.
1 Viewers
VileDeathxWave
VileDeathxWave
Last attempt at peace with internet and obs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back