Astaroth's Combo (Discussion)

What's the easiest way to land it?
i actually haven't found a way to land it from an OTG on small characters. on bigs you can get it off 4B+K~B, but "easy" is only relative. someone earlier said you can do it from 44[A], A,B, 22_88K, 22_88B BE, but i haven't been able to land it at all

works on:
Z.W.E.I.
Ezio
Raphael
Nightmare
Aeon
Cervantes
Ivy
Siegfried
Astaroth
Voldo
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu
Edge Master

note: 4B+K doesn't work on Maxi. it just doesn't. very odd.

edit: after some testing it only doesn't work from the "front" (maxi stands sideways).

Well heres a painful wall combo.

44A, a.b , 22_88k,22_88B{BE}, A+G, 3K.A, 3K.A, 1A+G. The ground grab at the end of this combo is very situational on which way the character decides to fall and you have to do this on reaction lol. 169 Damage without the ground grab at the end.

4B+K,B, 22K (on left side, you must use 88K from the right), 22_88B~BE, 66K~BE, 2B+K (144 dmg iirc)

I've noticed people can sometimes Ukeme out of the 22_88K and block/force it to whiff, but it's very inconsistent. This isn't a real combo then, I suppose, but it will often hit and for huge damage. Also...:

Anything into A+G airthrow, W!, 66K, W!, 2B+G_A+G

Again, not guaranteed, but scummy and you will hit people with it.

Can we try and keep the stuff in this thread to actual combos not just some shit you decided to write on the internet?. 22B after 4B+K is not even close to a combo, it can be teched about 20 mins before it'll connect.

If you were talking to me, Shin Jin, I think you meant 22_88K. I left a disclaimer with my post. I should know better than to trust the combo counter in this game, though.

Set the CPU in training to Post Ukemi Guard, with interesting results. After 4B+K,B, the CPU will tech out of 22_88K every time. However, 22_88B will occasionally connect. Other times it will be teched and guarded. This either means that there is a way to land guaranteed 22_88Bs after connected 4B+K,B, or Namco sold us a broken training mode. I don't know which is which, but if anyone wants to investigate this further, maybe we can find out what specific circumstances allow this to connect. I was training against Pyrrha.

anyone have any good followups for CH 6K? i usually just do 1A+G_B+G and set up a mixup situation, but im lookin for some damage

1AA is the only other thing i've come up with

If you were talking to me, Shin Jin, I think you meant 22_88K. I left a disclaimer with my post. I should know better than to trust the combo counter in this game, though.

Set the CPU in training to Post Ukemi Guard, with interesting results. After 4B+K,B, the CPU will tech out of 22_88K every time. However, 22_88B will occasionally connect. Other times it will be teched and guarded. This either means that there is a way to land guaranteed 22_88Bs after connected 4B+K,B, or Namco sold us a broken training mode. I don't know which is which, but if anyone wants to investigate this further, maybe we can find out what specific circumstances allow this to connect. I was training against Pyrrha.
i messed around with this a bit and sometimes the computer just won't tech out of 4B+K~B
after seeing this i took my recording from yesterday and tried to tech out of it myself and got the same results

so maybe there's some kind of undocumented just frame version of 4B+K~B or its just random?

edit: nvm i can tech out of it consistently now, it was just a timing issue. that just brings us back to why the computer can't.

what tech do you have the CPU set to?, if youy have it on random sometimes it wont tech to try and mix you up, set it to right or left to always have it tech.

Ok I'm back with revised combos and shit just got serious... This time with dmg and gain... (Note: 63214B+G combos are listed as the regular version... JF + Clean hit will each add 10 + 10 dmg)

Facing w! - 63214B+G, A+G, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 3A+B, 1AA = 138-147 dmg (cost 50% gain 48%)

Facing w! side - 63214B+G, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B = 152 dmg (cost 50% gain 40%)

Facing w! side - 63214B+G, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 3A+B, 1AA = 182 dmg (cost 100% gain 48%)

Facing w! - 66[K], 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 3A+B, 1AA = 154 dmg (cost 50% gain 48%)

Facing w! or w! side - 44[A], A,B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 3A+B, 1AA = 151 dmg (cost 50% gain 50%)

Facing w! - CH 1BB, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 3A+B, 1AA = 118 dmg (cost 50% gain 55%)

66[K], 2~8B+G = 96 (JF - 103) (JF + Clean - 120) dmg (cost 0% gain 25%)

22B~BE, 2~8B+G = 105 (JF - 112) (JF + Clean - 129) dmg (cost 50% gain 13%)

Facing w! side - 63214B+G, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 1BB, w! 3A+B, 1AA = 239 dmg

i think you can escape it cos the health reset after the 1bb in practice mode, the cpu has not been able to tech it yet though.

Facing w! side - 63214B+G, 22B~BE, A+G, w!, 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, A+G, w!,1BB,w! 3A 66K~BE 2A = 284 damage if they try and tech after the 3A, if they stay down then the 66K~BE hits ground but doesn't give anything free after.

Back