Automotive Help

Problem with the net is.....everyone knows about cars on the net.....LOL

Hell I could be even full of shit. But Im not!!

Best thing to do to learn is experience. If you aint breakin shit....then you aint learning. I was forced into this business when I was really young. So I got stuck with it early on.

But Im also a high school auto shop teacher (I teach night classes to kids & adults). Not sure where you are from but here in cali, we have classes called ROP classes. Basiclly they are special night classes (most of the are free or are really cheap) you can attend that will show you the ins/outs of cars. Diving into a SC300 lexus to make it a hot rod is not exactly ideal for something your just starting out on. As long as you have guidance you will all right. But you gotta crawl before you can run, take some basics classes and work your way up.

I wouldnt make a career out of it. Cause these days you have every snot nosed high school graduate that has a 3 drawer tool box, that thinks he can rebuild a car. So the market is not only flooded but this particular industry is suffering badley from the bad economy. Just do it for a hobby man, dont try to get rich of it!!

HRD

Im from Cali, but I'm in Texas for my senior year of high school, then I'm moving back to Cali! I used to go to Los Alamitos high, where they had autoshop/ROP, but got cut due to budgets.Then I went to La Quinta high (near Palm Springs) and they even had it. Out here in Texas, they don't!

Yeah, I would start small for the Lexus. I wanted a 98 Mercedes CL500, but I heard they can be costly...

Yeah, I want to do it for a hobby, I've always loved cars. I don't expect to make much money from the industry. Thats what my videogame/animation career is for!

Reactions: HRD
This is how I roll, bro

2011-12-05082451.jpg

Reactions: HRD
So after the california wildfires in 2007 where my shop burnt to the ground. I have had many hurdles in life to jump through. I had insurance problems, the fact that I had to let 10 people go without jobs and not offer anything to them (that was really really hard for me thinking of thier families and stuff), working for some other asshole that is a dumb piece of shit (but he pays me a shit ton for what I do so I put up with it.....till now).

So its now 2012, and I have bounced back to the top. I had been pitching to investors for months to put up the money for me to open a shop again. And this saturday, I got the green light!! So thats right folks. Your beloved HRD is back to being a busniess owner! No more working for someone else. Time to re-up my clientel and make some fuckin money.

My investors are putting up enough money to where I can have a BRAND NEW building with state of the art equipment and tools . But Im not gonna do that. I dont want that much overhead. I have a place in mind, where I can gut it, put mostly new stuff in it, and make that moeny son!!

Today is a very happy and exciting day!! Im really happy!!! However as the months go by, my time here at 8wr will be dwindled down to virtually nothing. Im gonna get my priorities back on track and live the good life again. Once Im settled and am happy with what I have at the shop, youll prolly see me again.

So this is not goodbye. Its a see ya later type thing!! I have moved up to 2012 that I finally have a Facebook going. Those here that are important to me will get it! If you dont get it. Well.......

HRD

Well if you can hook it up, is all I need. ;P
But I think I have triple A for the towing, but in regards to a check up or small repairs, I think I could take it to ya if you can give me a good deal.

This also brings up another thing,

My last shop was named "Trueline Alignment & Brakes". I had bought the shop from the owner who had owned it since the early 70's.

So I now have the chance to name the place myself. The place will be a chassis, brake, alignment type shop specializing in pre 1975 hot rods.

But Id like some ideas from the audience. I was thinking of "Hot Rod Dave's"

But what are your thoughts. Free alignment to the one that picks a good name!!

HRD

Well if you can hook it up, is all I need. ;P
But I think I have triple A for the towing, but in regards to a check up or small repairs, I think I could take it to ya if you can give me a good deal.

You bet your sweet bippy youd get a deal!! AAA only tows for like up to 50 or 60 miles tho!!

HRD

"Rising Dragon of the Zodiac" :sc2maxi2: No but seriously how could it be anything other than Hot Rod Dave's

Excellent news!!

The name's gotta be HRD man!

A man with a plan- and it sounds good! Go for it and let us know how it goes.
You got your priorities right; as you know your stuff and am a nice guy the only way is up. ; )

No FB here (do you have a Twitter?) but you know how to find me/us (right here, although I'm on DOA4 now).

Actually I decided on "Hot Rod Dave's"

Im getting my signs made this week and will be going up next week. Shop opens sept 23rd!

Me and the famly will be visitin LA next month, what area are you in?
If I remember correctly you're in SD.
Don't know if I'll be goin down that way, not unless we hit Sea World (we usually don't).

And pic of the shop and the signs after they are done please!
(Sorry I ain't got FB but I Twitter).

Back