B+K Auto GI

Siegfried can GI i12 2As with SBH' from 88[ B ], and WS'[ B ] too. ;)

Sacharja, is it 16 for the JI? I'm not sure. And btw Sacharja, how was it to get up with BT-SCH'GI from down (FD-FT and FU HT) position? I f**king forgot that! I should slap myself in the face now...

F****K, that hurted. :p

Siegfried can GI i12 2As with SBH' from 88[ B ], and WS'[ B ] too. ;)

Sacharja, is it 16 for the JI? I'm not sure. And btw Sacharja, how was it to get up with BT-SCH'GI from down (FD-FT and FU HT) position? I f**king forgot that! I should slap myself in the face now...

F****K, that hurted. :p

Fastest 2As are i14~15
Not much i12s in this game anymore :)

Also you forgot A+B -> BH as a setup vs FC As as well.

JUST IN

You can Just Impact while transitioning from moves to base hold. SSH gave me a just impact, but automatically did the SBH K.

Thanks Climhazzard for being the victim.

I sometimes forget the more important rule about mastering a character, and its about take any possible weakness and convert in strength... I have to focus myself in approach the goods and master how deal with the weakness in my character... now I re-study B+K auto GI and even take to a whole new level in my gameplay... SBH K doesn't RO anymore but as somebody said before a knockdown is still good. Maybe I was too much blind by frustration that I couldn't see the goods of this move... But if they add RO to SBH K in the next patch I will be more than happy.

-Stryker-

PD: After SBH K, 3A is a good tech trap.

Does this have to be on counterhit like the 3B tech trap?
No... if you hit with SBH K even on normal hit you can use 3A to trap your opponent if they try to ukemi to the left, take notice about your opponent ukemi behavior, so if they use to ukemi left use it and abuse it this trap... if they like to roll use 33_3B; and if they use to ukemi right then use 1K after SBH K...

-Stryker-

Has anybody realized or done any research into base hold not having to be timed to aGI? For example, if you are in base hold the entire time another Siegfried does A+K,A,2A,A, the first 2 hits will go over your head and the next move will aGI and auto SBH K. Upon further investigation it seems this happens on any low horizontal that is in a combo.

Tested on:
Siegfried~
A+K,A,2A,A- works
[A]~SSH A,A- works
1A,A- doesn't work, isn't a string
Kilik~
66A,A- works
22/88A,A,A- works
Astaroth~
1[A],A - works

Based on these I believe that any low horizontal, probably any special low horizontal, and maybe mid horizontals that come in a string this will work for.
Once again I'm talking about either blocking the first hit or it missing you and the second hit will aGI and counter regardless of timing.

B+K's animation and effects on collision have four phases:
1st is the JI; very brief, and can also JI Horizontals High Attacks -with weapon-.
2nd is the GI; short duration, but it last longer than normal 6_3GIs and 4_1GIs. Horizontal High Attacks can briefly be GIed before TC, but I'm not so sure about it.
3rd is the moment where Sig is sitting down; during this phase Sig will get hit by anything except High attacks.
4th is the permanent GI that will auto attack with SBH'K post Horizontal Mids and Lows attack -with weapon- collides against sword.

B+K's animation and effects on collision have four phases:
1st is the JI; very brief, and can also JI Horizontals High Attacks -with weapon-.
2nd is the GI; short duration, but it last longer than normal 6_3GIs and 4_1GIs. Horizontal High Attacks can briefly be GIed before TC, but I'm not so sure about it.
3rd is the moment where Sig is sitting down; during this phase Sig will get hit by anything except High attacks.
4th is the permanent GI that will auto attack with SBH'K post Horizontal Mids and Lows attack -with weapon- collides against sword.

The 4th phase is the one I'm pointing out. It doesn't appear to be a listed quality of SBH anywhere on this site. Minus Heaton mentioning the counter happening after his SSH .

You're right for the most part... stuff like Mitsurugi's 1A gives SBH the permanent GI quality... Still there's something more to this because like I said Siegfried's 1A,A didn't work.

When I tested I had IMP [7-17]... It TC's at i9...
On GI I just use SBH A just incase, on JI SBH B is always garaunteed so I use it then...
Also on frame 31 a second auto-GI property kicks in and Sig does a SBH K attack for free during that window, I don't know how big the window is yet but it is pretty big... Since that property is so slow, it is seen more often after good stance transions like SSH ~SBH, etc...

As I understand it, the auto GI only kicks in on low horizontals, and then your spacing has to be pretty good, I find its a nice move against characters like rock, asta or nighty, but its too specific to be used as part of your main strategy.
Personally, i never saw a problem with low GI. its certainly more reliable and if you know how to act post GI can yield just as much damage. Its more a flashy fuck you, like nightmare's super explosion thing, which it turns out can be blocked (Nightmare's I mean)

Back