Bad Habits When Defending Against Pressure/Rushdown

Bad Habits When Defending Against Pressure/Rus

one outstanding habit i have is either not canceling out of unblockable while they tech away from it.

or

Going for slow moves whern enemy is right in front of me

i have gotten better at the second one tho

I have a bad habit of letting go of guard too early in the middle of someone's combo string. I have a triggerfinger for retaliatory strikes. Or I'm sometimes intent on parrying that last stroke.

Here is my paradox: I'm a defensive player that hates to block. I would rather step or back out of a heated exchange.

attacking at disadvantage. its so fucking scrubby and i hate doing it, but im pretty impatient and it sometimes gets the better of me :/

I have the same problem Syrpiektre originally posted: I feel like it's O.K. to crouch guard mid attacks because you crouch guard mids in 2-D fighters (the majority of which I play) so when I play SC4 I have a sticky habit of crouch guarding too much.

I have a bad habit of admiring the pretty flames of unblockable moves, instead of trying to get out of the way.

Oh man I totally do that too. The flames turn me into a deer in headlights.

Other then that i panic sometimes and become extremely predictable, leading to death.

oftrn i play poorly under too much pressure :/
and trying to block some unblockables

Well I randomly throw out 3AA way too much and its either too slow or blocked and then I cant do much

sometimes I try to reverse my situation a little too quickly and I pay

Another bad habit of mine is when my life bar is flashing red I am as cool as a cucumber but if my opponent's lifebar is flashing red then suddenly I get all giddy and sloppy doing the unsafest, maple-syrupiest moves for a soul crush chance. It doesn't matter if opponent has full life or a hair of life, that flashing lifebar gets me wild like a dog after his bone.

ah yes, hitting the soul gauge

at that point, you really can't get overconfident

same when you get the other guy's health all the way down to a sliver

it's dangerous to lose focus right then!

(I know from experience! >_<)

Not punishing and or jumping the stupidly obvious lows.Cassy 1a,setsukas 2A+B and Taki unblockable bomb comes to mind.

I eat Asty's B unblockable all the time because I accidentally duck it instead of stepping it.

Not shaking a stun because it's fucking Amy and how many fucking times do I have to do that...yawn just takes the damage.

i keep attacking after i take hits or to much guard stun. also i keep attacking after they block my 2A. i need to cut that shit out.

oftrn i play poorly under too much pressure :/
and trying to block some unblockables

why block an Unblockable when you can JI it? haha. warble can do that.

uh well, my bad habits are:

--whiffing too much (getting better though)
--over-relying on Kilik's 6A+B in offline matches
--not breaking throws
--forgetting to use moves (there are so many) and relying on the same 3-4 over and over again
--not being able to pull off Asura Dance consistently
--not GIing enough
--trying to attack when I am at frame disadvantage

why block an Unblockable when you can JI it? haha. warble can do that.

uh well, my bad habits are:

--over-relying on Kilik's 6A+B in offline matches
Doesn't really work online either.

For me, I love to duck everything. Finished attacking and was blocked? I duck to avoid their retaliation... then eat a mid. I also tend to forget I'm ducking when my opponent uses an unblockable, and I mash down to step, only to realize that I'm still ducking and haven't moved an inch. I then proceed to be horribly massacred by said unblockable.

And yes, the flames are somehow soothing to watch...

I've noticed people tend to let go of guard early on my 236 BBBBBBBBBB if it's the full hit animation, no matter how many times I do it.

Back