BOOOM Street Fighter V exclusive to PS4 & PC

May be this comment is a bit inapropiate or hypocrite specially considering we've seen fast worse and more revealing outfits, but I'll say it anyway, Laura looks like a whore, like in the literal sense of the word I mean XD It looks like you could actually spot her in any corner of Rio (or any other city in the world)

So those of you with the final game, can you check the status of who is a charge character and who is a motion character?

Checking streetfighter.com and I can't find anything on Crush Counters. What are they and how do I perform them?

Also, Necalli isn't a charge character based on the character sheet found on that site, unless it's out of date?

The lack of Single Player content at launch caused some mixed reactions as expected. It was rushed no doubt but missing basic modes like Arcade Mode or Versus CPU is really a disappointment.

The lack of Single Player content at launch caused some mixed reactions as expected. It was rushed no doubt but missing basic modes like Arcade Mode or Versus CPU is really a disappointment.

Call me picky if you want, but for me this is a deal breaker. Not even arcade or Versus is simply absurd. IMO

Tutorial Series: Chun li.

Seems like Capcom's top execs wanted to push SFV out before the end of the fiscal year since they had nothing else to show or release before the end of the quarter. Well that's fine, if they want to sacrifice quality for a rushed product, I'll speak with my wallet.

I'm not buying SF5 until they release a collector's/director's/complete edition at discount price? Not going to do that? Don't get a dime from me.

Trash doesn't deserve cash.

To be honest the concept of buying a lets call it "half game" and then update it gradually, is not an idea that I totally dislike, I mean it wouldn't be my preferred option but I think it could someway work, but at the Price of "half game" not a full one.

EDIT: Just saw the prices in the fighters generation

New characters cost 6$ EACH or 100000 FP. A friend told me that you get the first 200000 pretty easy so you can afford the first 2 characters free (not getting story costumes) but for the rest you will have to struggle getting 50-70FP for win. That means best case scenario you have to win around 1000+ combats online for each new charácter.

Story costumes cost 40000 FP each. In best case scenario its around 450 wins for one. (Suposing you expended the first 200000 on new characters).

Premium costumes can only get them with real money and cost 4$ each

I hope those dayly events announced give you a ton of FP or you gonna have to play until judgement day to have enough points to get all the chars

Last edited:
All fine and good, but the problem isn't the additional content being added to the package, it's that the package is a full-priced game that doesn't have much of any content or even meets the standards for content since the early SNES days. Who, really, doesn't add an arcade mode to their fighting game? Even Soul Calibur 5 had an Arcade mode.

Take a look at Diablo 3. Here's a game that's a fully featured game right out of the box with several classes to play, and a full 4-act campaign and tons of loot to acquire, manage, and develop. More importantly, in addition to that paid content, Blizzard has added substantial amounts of new content to the game free of charge including Greater Rifts, even more loot, new areas (Greyhollow Island, among others) and plenty of new art. SF5 doesn't even offer a fourth of the content provided by the original SF4.

Add this to the fact that the servers are terrible (again, what was the beta for?) and matchmaking is a mess right now, and you have 60+ dollar game that really only has a versus fighting mode.

Which, you'll need to shell out another 60 bucks for if you want to play with your next-door buddy/brother/family.

If the features weren't ready to go before launch, here's a thought; delay the game until it's ready! Couldn't do that, and now, in the immortal words of Miyamoto, a bad game will always be a bad game. The image has been tarnished, and it'll take a lot of effort just to get people to look at it again.

Tutorial Series: M. Bison

Whatever point you're trying to make, Diablo 3 was DoA lol. Shit needed some major CPR. This is coming from someone who plays 3-4 hours a day. It was godawful on launch. A joke.

SFV >>>>>>>> Vanilla D3.

Also, most of the features you mentioned require Reaper of Souls, which was $40 when I got it which means they are not "free" updates. SFV was $60 and is getting at least as much content as Diablo 3. Even the DLC characters are free if you play a lot.

Fuck the story shit, the game plays fantastic and I'm glad they did what they did because I can play it now instead of waiting for irrelevant shit.

Also, I can play online fine now. I was really only bad for like a day which while it isn't excusable, it's still relevant. Rollback can be annoying, though.

What I find kind of curious are the reviews, because is not that the reviews hide its flaws or something, in fact is the oposite, you read a Wall of text complaining about lack of content and online issues but at the end you see 8/10 or 9/10 anyway. How you can expend two pages or 8 minutes of review complaining about its flaws just to give it an A?

There was one review actually hilarious, I don't remember now if was IGN spain or one of my country pages but the review ended something like...

+SF is back
-Lack of offline content
-Online doesn't work well

Result: 8/10 "Great"

XD

Back