BOOOM Street Fighter V exclusive to PS4 & PC

Full CG Trailer. I like it.

Some story details:
-Bison is dying.
-Necalli is an "Akuma-like" wild card. Seeks strong opponents. Seems to have Satsui-no-Hadou like Ryu (apparently now generic dark energy?)
-Charlie reconstructed by secret organization.
-As seen in trailer, Mika is a big fan of Zangief.
-Ken apparently pretty important to the story.
-Sagat has a cameo.
-Rashid's a good guy. Looking for a friend kidnapped by Shadoloo.

Seems like the overall story is going to be fleshed over several expansion-packs/DLCs. The main game completes the story for the current cast and additional DLC down the line (months? years?) will add/expand more story for the cast. Seems like a few characters may have died by or before this game.

So who will be your main in iteration of SF5? I'm not sure myself, maybe Necalli or some other beginner friendly character that isn't Ryu.

Main: Chun Li or Rashid. Still can't decide.
Subs: Vega, Necalli, Charlie, Dhalsim, and maybe Cammy.
F.A.N.G is the only one i haven't tried yet, and he looks hella fun.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
-As seen in trailer, Mika is a big fan of Zangief.

Seems like the overall story is going to be fleshed over several expansion-packs/DLCs. The main game completes the story for the current cast and additional DLC down the line (months? years?) will add/expand more story for the cast. Seems like a few characters may have died by or before this game.

R. Mika has been a fan of Zangief since Alpha 3. That's not new information.

Also, I heard that what's coming out later is this cinematic story mode as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if they spread it over several DLC's to keep the interest level up.

R. Mika has been a fan of Zangief since Alpha 3. That's not new information.

Also, I heard that what's coming out later is this cinematic story mode as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if they spread it over several DLC's to keep the interest level up.

Interesting, so the story mode won't be available on release day then? Players will have to buy story DLC later?

Interesting, so the story mode won't be available on release day then? Players will have to buy story DLC later?
It's going to be free.

We will get some sort of arcade mode with intros & outros tho. Like the ones in SFIV & SCIV.

If that tweet is true, that means my old SF4 MadCatz pad should work on SF5. Great news!

It's going to be free.

We will get some sort of arcade mode with intros & outros tho. Like the ones in SFIV & SCIV.

Oh cool.

Well that changes my buying habits a bit. I think I may wait a little bit before I dive into the game then. I don't have PSN+ and I don't care to have it right now, so Story mode is my main thing for now. So I guess I'll wait for the story patch before buying the game.

EDIT: Wanted to ask, did they finalize Necalli? Is he motion-based or charge-based?

Anyone see this or any of these videos yet? The Charlie combo in this one is pretty crazy.

Story mode costumes
12718166_10154028007122147_1812013016288344771_n.jpg

12688331_10154028005857147_2744916166868616435_n.jpg

12688384_10154028007447147_6349693912437062716_n.jpg

12742064_10154028007277147_9027187239169952329_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back