BOOOM Street Fighter V exclusive to PS4 & PC

Honestly nothing about it looks special. It looks so similar to sf4. It would be easier to be hyped about it if sf4 didn't have almost annual "expansion" releases.

Has this been posted yet? It's an extended ver- WAIT A SECOND ARE THOSE PARRIES AT 0:46!?!?!?!?!?

I don't like what they did with his design :/

From a storyline standpoint (lel story in street fighter) it makes sense, but he just looks dumb (especially with that neutral stance, which does not go well with his fighting style AT ALL).

Also, is that genocide cutter?

EDIT: Of-fucking-course.
Reveal:
1424807367439_0.jpg

Current:
1424807367439_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wesker teleports?

Genocide Cutter?

Iori grabs?

Sorry, Bison, but you've been replaced as my main and are officially OFF DA AIR.

You can still be my sub, though.

I don't like what they did with his design :/

From a storyline standpoint (lel story in street fighter) it makes sense, but he just looks dumb (especially with that neutral stance, which does not go well with his fighting style AT ALL).

Also, is that genocide cutter?

EDIT: Of-fucking-course.
Reveal:
1424807367439_0.jpg

Current:
1424807367439_1.jpg

What story stuff? I haven't heard anything about it.

Still don't have the slightest interest in buying it for reasons and I'm not excited at all, but must admit that Zombie Charlie is cool...well, the character is dumb, but the moveset is really cool

What story stuff? I haven't heard anything about it.
Charlie dies at the end of Alpha 3. Guile's entire storyline is about avenging Charlie's death. I guess they brought him back to life or some shit.

We Illuminati now.

Knew that stuff. I thought there was some leak regarding his SF5 story. Anyway...

After studying an HQ 60 FPS 1080p video, I've narrowed down some interesting observations.

-Appears to be a motion-based character, but in actuality is still a charge-based character.
-No longer has the traditional flash kick, instead his Sonic Shell, or Genocide Cutter (which is supposed to have 2 kicks IIRC) replaces the flash kick. You can see two versions of it. One immediately following a crouching punch and the next, stronger version following immediately after connecting with two hits.
-Has his old Vs. 'dive-kick' move as a mid-air flash kick. Looks like it might have EX properties too.
-His teleport seems to be a strictly EX move. The screen flashes and the action pauses briefly each time he teleports. Looks like he has a standard box teleport. Behind, Above-front, Above-back.
-Has Shadow (again from Vs.) level 3 super as his Ultra (or perhaps a very stylish Alpha 3 Flash Combination).
-His horizontal blade kick might actually be a command normal and not a special move.
-Command throw is actually an Attack-Grab akin to Ibuki's HCB+P command. Has an elbow hit first then connects into the throw.
-Despite his new stance, he still has all his classic Alpha normal attack animations. Although unlikely, he could still have that weird dashing knee command normal from Alpha too.
-Overall appears to be a suped combination of classic Charlie and Shadow combined. Very cool. I think fans of charge characters will like to have a speedy character in Street Fighter for once.

As for whether or not Guile will be in the game. I think there's a strong possibility. The fact that Capcom took the effort to finally revisit and re-tool the old moveset for Charlie suggests that they want to have Guile in the game and to show off the differences and similarities between the two in the same way Ryu and Ken have shown over the years. The ultimate question is whether or not they'll be able to avoid falling into the same pitfalls that they did with SF4 and the inputs for charge characters with regards to ultras and supers. Hopefully they'll go for a more universal input like SF3 attempted.

Back