Brain Teasers

SBA

TFNA
Yea, I was bored so I decided to look up some logic puzzles....
I found some from brainden.com and thought i would share some with yall :-)

(Quoted directly from the website)

"1. Let's say there is a bullet which can shoot through any barrier. Let's also say there is an absolutely bullet-proof armor which no object can penetrate. What will happen if such a bullet hits such an armor?

2. Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?

3. Your mission is not to accept the mission. Do you accept?

4. A girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead, the girl was never born. If she were never born, she never killed her grandmother.

5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow", what will the temperature be?

6. Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be 'no'?

7. What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn the headlights on?

I conclude with this challenge:
8. Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he is not capable of lifting!"

And if there is another post like this, sorry, I couldnt find it.....
(Post your own if u got any!)

1. The bullet and the armor would decide what would happen next in a rock-paper-scissors scrimage.

2. No, you'll just make him more alive than he already is.

3. No

4. Wouldn't she disappear after killing her grandmother? (this reminds me of that one episode in "Futurama" where Fry sleeps with his own grandma and becomes his own grandpa XD)

5. 00

6. No (I didn't say it... I red it ^^)

7. The light stays within the headlights of the car and doesn't project out

8. Damn... God is out of shape (j/k... XP)

Here are mine:
1). Fred is taller than Tom. Tom is taller than Jake. Who is the tallest person out of these three people?

2). A class of 45 students decides to go on a field trip. Everyone but 8 students actually go on the trip. How many students are left in the classroom?

3). If a tree falls in a forest filled with deaf animals, does it make a sound?

4). Can a live person kill a being that is undead?

5). What is the longest word that can be typed using only your left hand?

6). How much **** can a hooker **** if she could **** all that wood?

The only question I think can conceivably be answered is #5 from the original post. You could take the temperature and change it into a different form (Celsius to Kelvin, Kelvin to Fahrenheit, etc), do the appropriate math to determine "twice as cold", and then revert back to the original unit of measurement.

The rest seem like genuine paradoxes.

I think I <3 you ba. Love this kind of stuff, especially #6.

lol i think i love u too mikosu lol

The_Instigator said:
4. Wouldn't she disappear after killing her grandmother? (this reminds me of that one episode in "Futurama" where Fry sleeps with his own grandma and becomes his own grandpa XD)

That's the point, if she goes back in time and kills her grandma, she would have never been born, which means she would have never killed her grandma, which means she would have been born, which means she would have killed her grandma etc., making an ongoing cycle therefore destroying time and turning Micheal Jackson black.

The_Instigator said:
2. No, you'll just make him more alive than he already is.

lmao how can u be more alive? I didnt kno there were different levels of being alive lol

The_Instigator said:

rotfl

The_Instigator said:
Here are mine:
1). Fred is taller than Tom. Tom is taller than Jake. Who is the tallest person out of these three people?

2). A class of 45 students decides to go on a field trip. Everyone but 8 students actually go on the trip. How many students are left in the classroom?

3). If a tree falls in a forest filled with deaf animals, does it make a sound?

4). Can a live person kill a being that is undead?

5). What is the longest word that can be typed using only your left hand?

6). How much **** can a hooker **** if she could **** all that wood?

1. Fred

2. The fieldtrip was cancelled

3. No....unless it falls on a deaf animal. Then that animal would scream in pain, making a sound. Therefore the tree made a sound indirectly

4. No, he can unlive him though

5. ASS

6. Exactly 5.6 feet (<- this is proven)

lol i think i love u too mikosu lol

That's the point, if she goes back in time and kills her grandma, she would have never been born, which means she would have never killed her grandma, which means she would have been born, which means she would have killed her grandma etc., making an ongoing cycle therefore destroying time and turning Micheal Jackson black.

lmao how can u be more alive? I didnt kno there were different levels of being alive lol

rotfl

1. Fred

2. The fieldtrip was cancelled

3. No....unless it falls on a deaf animal. Then that animal would scream in pain, making a sound. Therefore the tree made a sound indirectly

4. No, he can unlive him though

5. ASS

6. Exactly 5.6 feet (<- this is proven)

Kinda of how in MGS3 if Snake killed Ocalot, creating a continuous time paradox.

LMAO @ your response to #5. Actually, the correct answer is stewardesses.

And DEAR GOD 5.6 feet?!?!?!... how is she alive after that? O.O

1. bullet velocity remains, trajectory changes...bullet bounces..goes through whatever else is around

2. yes. said man would have to drink from the fountain to gain eternal life. hold his mouth shut and dunk his head and case closed.

3. yes. so fuck off i'm going to get a beer.

4. TIMECOP

5. 0 degrees celsius or fahrenheit? either way the answer would be 'cold as fuck'.

6. no. the next word would be 'wait' as in; wait a second let me think about this.

7. well you wouldn't see what was in front of you unless you slowed down.

8. COULD JESUS MICROWAVE A BURRITO SO HOT HE HIMSELF COULD NOT EAT IT?

also...plume's hands are far bigger than his capacity to reason. O.o

off the top of my head:

A cowboy rides into town on Friday.

He stays in town for 3 days,

and leaves on Friday.

how did he do it?

To be honest, I've heard that riddle quite a few times beforehand, so no e-search was required. When I originally heard it, I wasn't able to figure it out, though.

1. Neither would win. They would merge.

4. Can't happen either way. What happened in the past happened in the past. Whatever you do while time traveling already happened and you can't change anything.

5. -32 degrees fahrenheit. It's twice as much under the freezing point as 0.

8. God would be able to decide whether he would be able to lift it or not. He would make the stone infinitely heavy and then decide "hmm, I feel like not being able to lift it today," or vice versa.

Here's one that might be old.

A man only takes the elevator when it rains, otherwise he takes the stairs. Why?

1. Neither would win. They would merge.

4. Can't happen either way. What happened in the past happened in the past. Whatever you do while time traveling already happened and you can't change anything.

5. -32 degrees fahrenheit. It's twice as much under the freezing point as 0.

8. God would be able to decide whether he would be able to lift it or not. He would make the stone infinitely heavy and then decide "hmm, I feel like not being able to lift it today," or vice versa.

Here's one that might be old.

A man only takes the elevator when it rains, otherwise he takes the stairs. Why?

1. Heh, I see what ur sayin. In order for a bullet to penetrate anything it would have to be infinitely stronger than anything else. Same goes for the vest. So when to items come together that r infinitely stronger than the thing its going against, then it would infinitely merge right? but that is impossible. (i think)

4. That was so confusing...please elaborate.

5. Lol u cant measure in coldness.....u measure in heat. It would be half as hot as today.... which still doesnt make sense.

8. Here's the thing, if GOD created a rock that he could not lift, not being to lift it would make him cease to be almighty, cause he can do anything. Lifting the rock would be braking his rule as a god who never lies, and not being able to make a rock that he couldnt lift would also make him unable to be almighty.....its a paradox i believe

-lol even though that is old, i just read it the other day.....even though u left some things out....the answer is that the guy is a midget....

Here's another one....How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

Omg, these are awesome. lol.

i dont get the midget one tho. And if the fieldtrip was cancelled, i didnt get it either.

Throw it above you...?

lol correct

the midget one is he is too short too reach the buttons, unless it is raining, in which case he uses his umbrella to reach the buttons....

"A square medieval castle on a square island is under siege. All around the castle there is a square moat 10 meters wide. Due to a regrettable miscalculation the raiders have brought footbridges, which are only 9.5 meters long. The invaders cannot abandon their campaign and return empty-handed.
How can the assailants resolve their predicament?"

This is a tough one....

Back