Bravo! Encore!

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
This thread is dedicated to Dampierre's JF kick move "Bravo! Encore!", aka BE, aka 623K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K.

My first impression of Dampierre was that he seemed pretty low tier. But after putting a lot of hours into practicing his BE JF kicks, with no mashing at all, I feel like can land it about 90% of the time (finally got the rhythm), and now that I've implemented it more into my game, I've realized that Dampierre's damage potential off of safe moves is just insane.

120 damage from A+B...
80+ from 33B...
96 dmg just on its own...
And much more.

I've realized that learning to land the JF consistantly is vital in order for Dampierre to compete well at high level play.

As tempting as it is, avoid mashing this JF. It might seem intimidating at first, but the JF kicks aren't really that hard when it comes to pressing K seven times precisely, it's just all about the rhythm.

You pretty much covered it. I'll admit I'm still mashin' it though, I haven't taken the time to learn it yet.

I was just messing around with it and found that against Asta and Zas (maybe others) it can combo into itself, but halfway through the second set of kicks the opponent falls off, so it can't be made into an infinite or anything. It still does less damage than finishing it off with 4B, but I think that maybe at the right angle a wall can help keep them close so they don't fall off. Haven't really tested that though, just a theory.

That might work one extra time in a corner, but I doubt it'd be worth it in the end. If you finish BE in a corner, 4B often turns into BT B because the wall keeps them from nudging in front of you after the last kick. Another BE might become for the same reason.

Epic move though. It's THE high damage output option to use. Which is odd really; almost any worthwhile combo Dampierre has ends with BE, 4B. The majority of his (small) movelist seems to either compliment this specific string or stance play. Only other characters I can think of with mostly universal combo enders are Tira and Setsuka.

I forgot to mention, mastering BE will give Dampierre the best post GI mixup in the game (as far as I know).

Just mixup A+B BE 4B with delayed version, for 120 damage.

Attached is a sound file of his JF rhythm. I usually just play it on repeat to get the rhythm stuck in my head, and that helps me more easily pull the JF off without mashing.

I know this method might seem a bit hardcore for some people, but it works. :)

Attachments

• bravo_encore.zip
    496.3 KB · Views: 458
Good idea man, it's working for me already. I used to just mash after the 5th JF since they were so close together, but now I think I'm getting it.

The more consistently I land BE the more I notice 4B whiffing. It gets pretty annoying.

I don't think anything can be done about the whiffing, except maybe doing 6B instead of 4B if you manage to tell that it will whiff. 6B won't do much, but least its better than no damage.

Yes, the 4B whiffing is kinda random but the damage potential of the combo is too high to ignore it. Maybe the 4B is like this on purpose, just like the other random stuff of Dampierre.

And the JF kicks are easy. Feels like SF Alpha Gen. If people play Gen, you know what I'm talking about. The rhythm is almost the same as Gen too.

Well, I always push backwards after the JF kicks and sometimes 4B hits and sometimes not in the same type of scenarios.

And I think that JF kicks disable the AC but I'm not 100% sure.

At least to me, it looks like the opponent is still too high up in the air sometimes when I whiff 4B - the times that it doesn't turn into BT B that is. I always buffer 4B when I land instead of timing it, but perhaps timing could partially solve the whiffing.

I checked with AC to all directions multiple times right now and sometimes it hits and sometimes it doesn't, but the combo works in all directions so AC is out, the combo can't be AC.

As for the height, I noticed that sometimes during the last kick, it would pop up higher and that's where the 4B will always work. I thought it was the direction the body was as 11B puts the body sideways on the juggling and 33B is up front but the 4B hit them both.

Can someone verify if the last JF kick pops up higher randomly?

I seem to have the opposite problem, if they pop up too high then 4B will start too soon. I have a few recorded matches that show them being kicked too high for 4B to hit, and also some that kick them pretty low that still hit (they just can't AC as far).

Also, I was looking over my recorded Damp matches to compare last kick height, and found another issue I'd forgotten about - sometimes the camera switches sides on you after BE, and turns 4B into a whiffing 6B. I have two recorded instances of that.

I can upload some of those clips if you want.

Back