Break Attack Links

PartyEagle

[09] Warrior
alright guys, after messing with zwei and reaading a post Slade made in the patroklos frame data thread. i began to do some testing.

and the results are.....well....hehehehehe

i'd like to give a big shoutout to slade for getting my mind thinking about this. if you guys find more info on this, or character set ups that you have found, please feel free to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't believe this can be done with Hilde, off her [A+B] aa might be a possibility if against a wall, outside of that i've not seen anything that may connect other than her CE, i'll try it later tonight.

This isn't exactly new, in SC4 at least Yun-Seong got a free BB or 3{K} off his CR B+K guarded.

This isn't exactly new, in SC4 at least Yun-Seong got a free BB or 3{K} off his CR B+K guarded.
true, but it has never been rewarded like this either.yun sung got at most 30 dmg. where as pat , an already good character, 90 points for blocking a move that butchers step thats a big deal

yea its becoming more and more apparent that JG is absolutely needed for competitive play. granted you cant JG some of these that well like ivy's 1bBE or cerv's WRa+b BE but then again there reward isnt nearly as big as someone like pats.

Well I guess you should get punished for having passive defense on slow build-up GB moves. I like this.
im a passive player myself and i agree, these are generally within the realm of see-able and can be reacted to properly with practice. but then there are some that are just gonna hit, yoshi's poison, ivy's 1b BE, and cerv WRa+b BE. granted these dont hold the reward like pat or pyrrha's setups, but should they even have them? granted very few moves are an answer for everything in soul, they all have flaws. but some characters are gonna get a lot more mileage outta these than others.

^yeah true.

I just hope the characters with the best GB moves aren't too ridiculous.

A GB move that guarantees damage from block had better be more than i25, otherwise it's "broken" IMO.

A GB move that has enough +frame for guaranteed damage pretty much needs to be as slow as an unblockable, since for all practical purposes it is an unblockable.

Sadly, after looking at Sieg's frame data, he doesn't have any GB guaranteed setups (on block). As if he wasn't already low tier, he's starting to get rocks status from sc4 as being garbage tier.

His best GB is 66A which is +10, but the only move that is i10 is (from 4B+K stance) is K, which doesn't work because it takes some frames to go into 4B+K stance.

It's a shame that not everyone can exploit that nifty GB trick.

I appreciate the gesture but I don't like calling it "break attack links". Wtf does that mean? Guaranteed damage off a guard break is a little longer but manageably so and more understandable.

yea it is a shame that not everyone can do it, and whats funny is its kinda the case of the rich getting richer lol why is a mechanic that only about 10 chars that i know can use it, three of them happen to be pyrrha pat and natsu. the top 3 imo. whats even more they get the best reward off of landing these haha.

Kimosabae : while i know about this being in soul i thought that there would be a good amount of 2-d players giving soul 5 a try *this is my first serious 3d game myself* so i tried to explain it in a way that new comers would understand. because i believe generally 2d players will think of break attacks as moves with blockstun. and they need to be informed that it isnt.

and yea coming from 2d fighters is also why i chose to call these break attack links. since when you are in enough plus frames in GG/SF/MvC etc. but can not do a chain combo ,you have to LINK the next attack (i.e. 1 frame links) and since some of these have to be frame perfect. i felt it was suiting.

How many frames does Sieg's B4 get? I think I may be guaranteed hitting people after hitting them with that. Then again, I haven't had time to sit down and study the game.

Actually I was wrong about Sieg.

66A is +11 on block, 33 on impact, which still doesn't lead to anything guaranteed.

B4 is +10, 40-50 impact frames, which again doesn't lead to shit.

Back