Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one actually used the new low or its brave edge equivalent but I beleive they didn't hear or it.
I chatted to Akiru (France's best Tira) this weekend and they had not found 236K, that's why no-one used it. She has combos though she does seem quite weak compared to the others atm unfortunately. Her CE is really cool though. I spent a lot of time using Tira at the Eurogamer expo in London. Here are most of the things I found:

I could not confirm whether she has kept her mash inputs 44 / 444 / 4444 / 44444 A_B_K and 66 / 666 etc. There do not seem to be any JF flashes this time. However, you can increase the number of hits of 66B by adding inputs. I do not know what the maximum is, but entering e.g. 66666B would have Tira attack 5 or 6 times instead of the normal 3 (using 66B).

She has a new command move, 236K. She jumps forward and spins in a somersault, kicking out before she lands. The move hits Low and knocks down on Normal Hit. She has a BE version, 236k~A+B+K, which is much faster and does more damage. I do not know whether it is safe. The normal version looked reactable but I did not test.

Many 8wr commands have been simplified. All attacks in JS and GS are 11_77, 22_88 and 33_99 now, there is no difference e.g. between 88K and 22K any more.

SC4 44K is now 4K.
SC4 GS 88B is now GS 3B.
SC4 11K is now 44K.
SC4 JS 22A is gone, now JS 22A does a Mid step catch but it doesn't knock down or auto step.
icon_frown.gif

SC4 GS 6A is now GS 3A.
SC4 22A is now, I think, 6A, but maybe 66A.
SC4 88K is now GS 1K.
GS 22_88A is a guard-crush step catch, but I think it's High and it glows very brightly.
SC4 GS 22B is now GS 22_88 B.

WR B no longer launches into an auto-combo on Counter Hit. However, you can still do this move by using 9B. I assume you need CH for the launch auto-combo but I did not test.
JS 44 A only has a low/mid mix-up now, the Guard Crush is gone (maybe a BE?)
She has a new JS 44B, possibly useful for a ground hit follow up.
I think GS 4B is the old SC4 GS 33B, but I can't remember.

JS 66B now hits grounded!! Woohoo!!

CE: this seems to do wildly different levels of damage. If it hits grounded, it just does a combo like GS 66B. However the number of hits seems to vary (maybe depending on JS or GS).
When it hits a standing or airborne opponent, it does more hits but still seems a little random. Often in GS she will do a very long combo with a big swing at the end where she glows purple, but it doesn't always come out. Maybe this is because she randomly (or not?) changed back to JS in the middle of the CE combo.

Finally JS 22B is still a good ranged tool, but comes out much slower (e.g. 1A JS 22B is no longer a combo.)

Finally finally BT B+K B is the same, but BT B+K has Tira turn round; she no longer remains BT.

EDIT: oh yeah and JS 4K (the headbutt) always does self-damage to Tira, even when she whiffs

I love the changes. Not to crazy about the lack of JF's but its still the same technically since it adds hits the more you buffer 666666B. Head Butt combos are easier since the input is now 4K, I can live with that. It looks like her execution got really easy. GS 88B is now 3B, so easier to react to a whiffed button and and whiff punish it with what I believe the new input is 3B~66A~4AA JF~236 236 A+B+K or 3B~66A~4K~6666666B. I don't know for sure if the second combo works but im almost certain the first one does do to the video I saw of her being able to combo 3B into CE. In all she is going to be a much better character if used correctly.

Head Butt combos are easier since the input is now 4K, I can live with that. 3B~66A~4AA JF~236 236 A+B+K or 3B~66A~4K~6666666B.
The new input is fine, but he said Tira gets damaged on Whiff.. I'm sure it's quite painful to move your head in the air, poor Tira..
I'm not sure of the first combo. In SC4, after 4A.A JF, there wasn't that much time. And I've seen her CE whiff on an aired opponent before. I think it would be better to save it for a more guaranteed place.

Yes, but when doing (SC4 inputs) GL 88B CH~22/88A~4A:A~44K, it doesn't always work as planned. Sometimes you'll make hit them in the air for two headbutts, sometimes it's as they hit the ground for only that one headbutt. Because of that, I'm not sure if her CE would always connect there.

I wonder if you can shake the GS 66A stun... I hope not, but it looks like maybe you can. =(
I'm really loving the WR B, WR B+K combo, even if the players I've seen so rarely capitalize on it (or miss the last B). The fact that you can do it on NH too? So awesome! And great damage to boot!

SC4 88K is now GS 1K.
I don't think this is entirely accurate. 88K may be 1K, but it's not GS exclusive (thank goddness!).
Just check out this video: Tira vs. Pyrrha
At the 0:18 second mark, she uses it in JS with the 22B follow-up.

Edit - in the video, what is the move she uses at ~1:43? Is it BT B+K? It changes her back to JS on block and looks like it slightly staggers her in the process (preventing the second hit; if it IS BT B+K, that is). Weird...

Yes, but when doing (SC4 inputs) GL 88B CH~22/88A~4A:A~44K, it doesn't always work as planned. Sometimes you'll make hit them in the air for two headbutts, sometimes it's as they hit the ground for only that one headbutt. Because of that, I'm not sure if her CE would always connect there.

the double headbutt in SC4 after 4A:A is character specific, im sure dragon will remember which characters it worked on if you want to know.

I wonder if you can shake the GS 66A stun... I hope not, but it looks like maybe you can. =(
You can shake the 66A stun really fast. I, too, was hoping it was unshakable, but you can't even land 3B (formerly 88B launch) before it's shaken.
the double headbutt in SC4 after 4A:A is character specific, im sure dragon will remember which characters it worked on if you want to know.
I didn't know it was character specific. But that even further proves my point. Wouldn't the CE have a higher chance of hitting a grounded opponent and getting less hits?

Edit: GL 6B.K should be a two-hit combo if the B was countered and 6bK should knock down on NH. Both kick parts should both trace. Maybe have a mid mixup after 6B.

Edit - in the video, what is the move she uses at ~1:43? Is it BT B+K? It changes her back to JS on block and looks like it slightly staggers her in the process (preventing the second hit; if it IS BT B+K, that is). Weird...

im 85% sure, this is tira's headbutt on BT. it has the same animation as a normal headbutt and it changes moods. useful for back turn combos with 11K.

Not to be negative, but these Tira changes make me sick.. Forreal, like why cant they just keep the same moves with the same inputs and make the old moves with new properties and add completely new moves, like Tekken!
Well, to be fair, this post could just as well be in any other Soul Arena (Tira's not the only one getting imput changes, look at Ivy, for instance); and I think learning new imputs is the least of my worries about Tira, especially given her lack of total damage, safety, good punishers, ground game, etc.

But I do see your point, I'm also worried about how they are "simplifying" the 8WR moves; giving one move 2-3 different imputs. This really cuts down the total number of move slots available, which is the opposite of what I want. =/

I'm upset how they're taking away her combos.. 1A~22B doesn't combo. 11K CH~B+K.B doesn't combo.
Why would you take away the VERY few combos she has!? D:<
But I do see your point, I'm also worried about how they are "simplifying" the 8WR moves; giving one move 2-3 different imputs. This really cuts down the total number of move slots available, which is the opposite of what I want. =/
I actually like how the different direction moves are the same direction now.. I hated how on 1P, GL 88B was a launch, but on 2P, GL 88B was the GB. Even now, I get confused as to what direction does what move.

Yeah, me too. That's pretty much Tira's only useful combos..
I wonder with the if the new buzzsaw move would connect with 2A+B on either NH or CH. It would be kinda cool too see how much damage 2A+B CH~fully charged buzzsaw would do. :|

Head Butt combos are easier since the input is now 4K, I can live with that. It looks like her execution got really easy. GS 88B is now 3B, so easier to react to a whiffed button and and whiff punish ... I saw of her being able to combo 3B into CE.
Yes exactly, the inputs now are much more appropriate for the use of the move. 44K becoming 4K was one of the moves I had hoped would change even before the demo had been released, because inputting 44K or 44444K as an instinctive interrupt is just not practical. Just like inputting 88B is too hard as a whiff punish when stepping or 8wr right. I'm really pleased they have made these kinds of changes; I think it's what Daishi was getting at when he said some of the inputs were too hard. For basic things like whiff punishing or interrupting, it was silly in SC4 that Tira was a weaker character because her useful moves were harder to input in certain situations (compare e.g. with Sophie 33K or Amy 6BB)
The new input is fine, but he said Tira gets damaged on Whiff.. I'm sure it's quite painful to move your head in the air, poor Tira... And I've seen her CE whiff on an aired opponent before. I think it would be better to save it for a more guaranteed place.
Yeah it seems harsh, maybe encouraging the use of this move more in GS as I don't think it hurts on whiff in GS. Her CE is pretty easy to do after launcher, I think this is one of the best places to use it, though it does less damage than when you use it as a single move.

88K may be 1K, but it's not GS exclusive (thank goddness!).
Just check out this video: Tira vs. Pyrrha
At the 0:18 second mark, she uses it in JS with the 22B follow-up...
Edit - in the video, what is the move she uses at ~1:43? Is it BT B+K?
Good spot on 88K, thanks for that! I don't know how you do that move in JS, as 1K is just her old SC4 toe punt. Maybe 11K, or a followup after 1A for tech trap (e.g. 1A K or 1A 2K). As for the BT move, yes it is BT B+K, it's what happens now if you just do BT B+K instead of B+K B.

True, good point, but I would prefer less moves for Tira if it means that the ones she has will be more carefully designed, and if it means that more of her move list will be actually useful in competitive play. I find the game much more rich and rewarding when there is a genuine reason for using the majority of a character's movelist, other than just to appear 'creative' at the expense of effectiveness.

I actually like how the different direction moves are the same direction now.. I hated how on 1P, GL 88B was a launch, but on 2P, GL 88B was the GB. Even now, I get confused as to what direction does what move.
Yeah I agree it can be confusing, especially if Tira is not your main. It's kind of annoying when you do the wrong move simply because in the crucial moment you forget whether you need to be moving right or left for a given move.

Good point about the GS 88B vs. 22B, I also get confused on that. I guess I was referring more to things like 1_2_3, or 7_8_9 all being tied to one move (less likely to be confused as opposed to 2_8); which as far as I know, isn't an issue with Tira, but I know Voldo has moves tied to three imputs now.

Yeah, I get that. I hate how most 66 moves are also dome with 33 and 99. That should be changed, but I hated how 22 and 88 B/K were different for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back