CaS Creations (11 originals, 1 recreation) - would like artistic feedback

I may have to make one more request onto you and ask for a vintage mafia noire girl please. <3

Made some attempts at the mafia style girl, but I didn't end up finishing it. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. Was using the Soft Beret, Mini Dress, and Stilletos, with one of the necklaces. She was just looking so generic and plain, I wasn't feeling it.
Now I attempted a colourful skeleton. It's pretty plain, but that's entirely my fault. Since the skeleton suit is mostly just compatible with armour pieces, I gave him a full matching set, and my OCD wouldn't allow myself to use varying colours on the same armour set:
RequestIdollSkeleton.jpg

I'm very happy you've joined us here at 8WR. Your gallery is one of the best new ones I've seen in a long time. While I really like your design ethic in general, I think you tend to get a little pattern-happy, sometimes. Specific examples include Cammy 2P, Juno 1P and Astor 2P. This latest armored skeleton CaS doesn't quite sit right with me either. As much as I like white and dark blue as a color scheme, I'd pair colors that are closer to either one so that the armor doesn't look as busy and ornate as it already does.

Aside from that, I've seen some very good ideas, here. I really like seeing people take movement and animation in to account when they create CaS, so I find NM right arm blades quite spiffy. I also really liked how you used the Baihu Coat on Dyne's 1P. It really does look like a full metallic armored coat from these stills.

Again, I'm happy you've decided to share your talent here on 8WR. Welcome and I hope to see more awesome work from you in the future.

I'm very happy you've joined us here at 8WR. Your gallery is one of the best new ones I've seen in a long time. While I really like your design ethic in general, I think you tend to get a little pattern-happy, sometimes. Specific examples include Cammy 2P, Juno 1P and Astor 2P. This latest armored skeleton CaS doesn't quite sit right with me either. As much as I like white and dark blue as a color scheme, I'd pair colors that are closer to either one so that the armor doesn't look as busy and ornate as it already does.

Aside from that, I've seen some very good ideas, here. I really like seeing people take movement and animation in to account when they create CaS, so I find NM right arm blades quite spiffy. I also really liked how you used the Baihu Coat on Dyne's 1P. It really does look like a full metallic armored coat from these stills.

Again, I'm happy you've decided to share your talent here on 8WR. Welcome and I hope to see more awesome work from you in the future.

Yeah I made some changes to Cammy 2P and Juno 1P since then, got a lot of useful feedback on them. The skeleton CaS was done as a request/challenge from Idoll and I'm not entirely sure of its quality either - hopefully I'll be able to find ways to spice it up to my liking.
Thanks for the warm welcome, and yeah, I plan on staying.

Made some attempts at the mafia style girl, but I didn't end up finishing it. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. Was using the Soft Beret, Mini Dress, and Stilletos, with one of the necklaces. She was just looking so generic and plain, I wasn't feeling it.
Now I attempted a colourful skeleton. It's pretty plain, but that's entirely my fault. Since the skeleton suit is mostly just compatible with armour pieces, I gave him a full matching set, and my OCD wouldn't allow myself to use varying colours on the same armour set:
RequestIdollSkeleton.jpg

Wow, I totally love this!
This is by no means what I was thinking as flamboyant, as in my head, flamboyant meant a much more feminine and flavorful skeleton, but you know... I am totally loving this guy.
The armor with the coloring fits on him so well that you can barely tell it's a skeleton, even though there's bone showing... it's just on its own level.
I am absolutely astounded by the coloring you did on this thing... you totally win my heart with this guy. :P
And though I am new to 8WayRun, this is one thing I love about the CaS threads... we all have different techniques, and the sharing can really help and make some incredible designs.
I must ask... what weight proportions did you use on him?

Wow, I totally love this!
This is by no means what I was thinking as flamboyant, as in my head, flamboyant meant a much more feminine and flavorful skeleton, but you know... I am totally loving this guy.
The armor with the coloring fits on him so well that you can barely tell it's a skeleton, even though there's bone showing... it's just on its own level.
I am absolutely astounded by the coloring you did on this thing... you totally win my heart with this guy. :P
And though I am new to 8WayRun, this is one thing I love about the CaS threads... we all have different techniques, and the sharing can really help and make some incredible designs.
I must ask... what weight proportions did you use on him?

He was an edit off of a copy of Skellzor, so I think he has everything set to a minimum. Though making the limbs large makes for some interesting cartoony results on the skeletons. You can emphasize certain pieces of the armour while the skeleton's body will show little or no change.

Finally get around to seeing everything/posting. Glad you took my advice and moved over here from GameFAQs, judging by the success of your thread I guess you can see what I was meaning ;)

Lots of good stuff. I like that you add little details (the little chain on Juno 2P, the best damn SEES armband I've yet to see) and big ones (NM fist equips--I did the same thing with my Atma character). You also like to use patterns, which while can be too much sometimes, is often a welcome addition.

Finally get around to seeing everything/posting. Glad you took my advice and moved over here from GameFAQs, judging by the success of your thread I guess you can see what I was meaning ;)

Lots of good stuff. I like that you add little details (the little chain on Juno 2P, the best damn SEES armband I've yet to see) and big ones (NM fist equips--I did the same thing with my Atma character). You also like to use patterns, which while can be too much sometimes, is often a welcome addition.
Shyeah I'm definitely improving thanks to the response here. Really helping me find the perfect level of detail I've tried to go for.

I love all your creations, they are super! :D I like your creativity and use of stickers and such! :D
Thanks for checking it out! All this support from the community's making me feel all warm and fuzzy here, so I'll make sure to update the thread when I make something new.

Since the (rather disappointing) fifth Cepheus update came out, I made a few changes, including Cammy, Vallure, and Lianshi. Tell me whatcha guys think - especially with the Vallure changes.

Cammy
27Cammy2P-1.jpg

I wish the Valkyrie Fauld was compatible with the Soothsayer's Hood. But eh, I guess you can't have everything.

Vallure 2P
41Vallure2P-1.jpg

Tried something different here. Still a work in progress, but I'm liking it so far. Oh, and she's Natsu style now, since I just noticed I didn't have a Natsu CaS.

Lianshi 2P
47Lianshi2P.jpg

Still wish I had a long doctor coat for this, but eh, it'll have to do. The nurse outfit is incompatible with the mini dress so I used the bottom pieces of the jacket along with the triangle bikini to create the illusion that the dress was there.
Also, is it just me, or does this outfit look like the Merc Charmer outfit from Fallout 3/New Vegas?

I am SO glad you used the fault with Ivy's 1p. I was hesitant on buying it because I only wanted to use it for that outfit and was afraid it was incompatible. It look GREAT! I love your color choice in that outfit, even though I usually hate such strong yellows/golds. The contrast with that deep blue makes it work just right. If there's a gripe I have with it, it's that the hairstyle doesn't seem to fit.
You've managed to make the 2p look great with the valk gear as well~ great placement for the tail. :) I may have to steal her~. That purple is great with her pale skin.

The nurse, well.. I'm biased against the outfit. So I'll shut up on that one. D:

I am SO glad you used the fault with Ivy's 1p. I was hesitant on buying it because I only wanted to use it for that outfit and was afraid it was incompatible. It look GREAT! I love your color choice in that outfit, even though I usually hate such strong yellows/golds. The contrast with that deep blue makes it work just right. If there's a gripe I have with it, it's that the hairstyle doesn't seem to fit.
You've managed to make the 2p look great with the valk gear as well~ great placement for the tail. :) I may have to steal her~. That purple is great with her pale skin.

The nurse, well.. I'm biased against the outfit. So I'll shut up on that one. D:
Yeah I was hoping it would work with Ivy's suit, too. Glad it does - however I really friggin' hate the Valkyrie top due to those wings being there. Also, yeah - she used to have red instead of blue, but I wasn't feeling it. The blue really does seem to compliment yellow better.
I'm surprised anyone noticed that Vallure's tail was coming out of that little hole.

Hey 8WR. This is my first post here - just migrated from GameFAQs since people said I'd get better feedback on 8WR for my CaS material.
All of my characters have alt costumes and varying inspirations (so you might see a realistic, believable character right next to someone who looks straight out of a comic book)
I included a roster picture so you can tell if you actually like anything I made from the get-go, and I tried to format each picture similarly for viewing convenience. Hope my effort shows!

Some things to note:
-My characters start from slot #26 because I share the first half with someone
-#46-47 Mitsuru Kirijo is a recreation of the character from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
-#48-49 Robustus is a joke character. Hope he looks interesting enough to be considered one.
-I'd appreciate it if you were to be specific about who you are posting about, stating the name and costume number of the character, as opposed to saying, "the blue guy" or "the demon chick."

So yeah, just tell me what you guys think.

Roster Photo
00Roster.jpg

26-27 Cammy
Her design is based on angelic themes and elegance.
26Cammy1P.jpg

27Cammy2P.jpg

New 2P, made some big changes
27Cammy2P-1.jpg

28-29 Irena
1P design is based on flushed, greyed colours to match Edge Master's weapon.
28Irena1P.jpg

2P design is based on a "Queen of Diamonds" theme.
29Irena2P.jpg

30-31 Maya
1P's basic inspiration was to have an armoured samurai girl with some sex appeal. Her colour scheme was originally based on the colours of winter (white and light blue) but I thought purple would spice things up a bit more.
30Maya1P.jpg

2P needs work, but I want to keep it modern. I'll be satisfied with it eventually.
31Maya2P.jpg

32-33 Juno
32Juno1P.jpg

2P is based on a pirate appearance - I've since darkened the jacket and changed the patterns on it to make them a little bit bolder, as the super-subtle patterns here make her look bland.
(I got a LOT of feedback on this, so it changed after a while, but I didn't take a complete screenshot set like this of the changes)
33Juno2P.jpg

34-35 Astor
1P is based on the idea of a heroic character with a colour scheme that doesn't pop out too much
34Astor1P.jpg

2P goes the opposite direction, being based on comic book characters mixed with elements of fantasy characters. I'm not sure what to do with the back of the cape.
35Astor2P.jpg

36-37 Orchid
1P, I found it tough to give her the O.Pyrrha top without making her look too much like Pyrrha, so I mixed it up to divert that idea. I like to give my Nightmare CaS a weapon on their right arm so that the range of his punches makes sense. Her 1P outfit doesn't have this, but being punched by a Soul Edge arm looks appealing enough to me.
36Orchid1P.jpg

2P takes more of an armoured direction, with the motif of spikes included.
37Orchid2P1.jpg

Really proud of how her arm blade turned out. The only issue is that it doesn't shine like the Gorgon spikes do.
37Orchid2P2.jpg

i have a question, what for a tattoo u use on orchid p2 on her upper body ?

bzw i cant see the pictures atm.. broken images .__.

Back