CaS Grudge Match

Nothing wrong with concurrent challenges, especially since we have different people for both. Votes will just be like, "I vote for A and B," or "I vote for C and D."

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a Vocaloid-style CaS. Classic schoolgirl or goth mixed with cyberpunk. Can't really say for sure though.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a Vocaloid-style CaS. Classic schoolgirl or goth mixed with cyberpunk. Can't really say for sure though.
Well is not necessarily a girl, the one who sings that one is a boy, he just happens to be a trap.
But the idea is something along those lines,

I made something in time...:D I hope is what everyone was expecting.

soulcalibur-png.41146

soulcalibur-_1-png.41147

soulcalibur-_2-png.41148

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 644
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 677
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 549
Diablo 3 PS3 got in the way of CaS lol. I'll still be able to make the deadline though. And nice one, Ramus. Lookin' forward to Austin's too.

Come now, let's all be friends. Neither rules nor opinions mean anything to one who believes in him(or her)self.

Next topic is Valkyries. Female, Nordic, heavy warriors.

First up, a "high fantasy" style valkyrie, who's all metal, skin and feathers, because I don't think I've ever used the helmet before and this seemed like a good excuse.
Valkyrie.png

A more rustic "amazon of the north"-style valkyrie in the works too.

Damn, some pretty stiff competition this round. Pressure's on.

VALKYRIE, DRAGON RIDER
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png.jpg

Notes: She's wearing a cloak of dragon scales. Of course, handling dragons requires herculean strength and over-sized weaponry. The siren's helmet conveniently fits both the Valkyrie and the Dragon themes.

VALKYRIE, KNIGHT
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png.jpg

Notes: Sports the iconic hair braids, winged helmet, and heavy armor for Valkyries, but with a slightly African/tribal angle. Thus the spikes, skulls, and voodoo imagery. If X-Men's Storm became a Valkyrie...

Last edited:
Ummm I suppose I took a completely different approach to it.
I guess I mixed the two challenges, I made a futuristic looking Valkyrie... So here it is.
I should make a normal one too sometime.
View attachment 41258 View attachment 41259 View attachment 41257 View attachment 41256
Nothing really intricate to this one, just cool looking I think.
The colors remind me of Robocop a little, which gives him a dispenser of justice type feel I think.
An excellent entry. Ya got another one in the works or all done? Like ta start voting soon, but we can arrange a delay if necessary.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that futuristic one is really goddamn cool, very fresh take on the concept, and actually quite inspiring! That said, the Dragonslayer one has that raw appeal I can't say no to, but it was verrrry close.

For @Ramus, those rainbow stripes on the arms add that futuristic quality to the design. I can't say I completely agree with the ribbon sticker's placement on the skirt though, so my vote for the Vocaloid Contest goes to @AustinTheGuy's girl in white. I think it's really cool how you carried the neon blue throughout the whole outfit and fashioned a corset out of the pocket stickers. The white, pink, and blue color scheme's pretty too.

@AustinTheGuy: Yeah, running two contests at a time was kinda hectic. We'll avoid that from now on.

Ramus-Austin cyber danceball duel: vote goes to Austin

For a very long time, I was undecided. The only reason Austin has my vote is his work on the midsection. The blending of the upper chest sticker, the spaghetti strap tank, and the upper part of the Pareo is a good example of the kind of technical complexity that keeps CaS designs fresh, something I look for in each and every design I see.

Brucege-Quinion-Austin three-way valkyrie throwdown: vote goes to Quinion's high-fantasy valkyrie

The armor fits great and respects the figure's silhoutte, but what I like most about it is the subtle detailing of the clothing underneath. The metallic phoenix stickers down the front not only tie the cloth articles together, but even complement the armor over them extremely well. The griffon emblem and tribal tattoo stickers on the skirt round out the lower half of the design. Personally, I find it very difficult to add detail to armored designs, but this is one of the best designs I have seen in that regard and that's all due to detailing not the armor itself, but the clothes around it.

…and it looks like the @Quinion / @brucege duel ends in a draw! 2 votes for high-fantasy valkyrie and 2 votes for dragon rider Valkyrie. GGs man. Too bad @AustinTheGuy withdrew, cuz I also really liked his SciFi Valkyrie. Here’s some further thoughts on the three primary creations of this contest:

High-Fantasy: I question the wings/horns/feathers combo on the helm, and the mid-section's a bit much for me, but, as @ThePascuzzi says, she's a technical marvel.

Dragon Rider/Slayer: Really simple design. Pleasantly surprised by the warm reception.

SciFi: That jaw is awesome. Love the contrast between the steel body and the electric blue wings. Like they just burst out or something. Might look better with a belt though.

GGs to you and ATG.

But no grudge ends in a draw; only a rematch!

Unfortunately, I have nothing right now, but expect a re-grudge-match challenge soonish.

Back