Viola Video Discussion

Yeah, every time I've seen a Viola BB after a launch, the opp. ACs out. The combo I see frequently is N/Orb 3B AAB 7K 2A+B, but I think that Trace had a different, more damaging variation in the combo video posted? Not sure what the notations are.

Some of Trace's versions no longer work, they took out the BE loop in the v1.01 patch. Also I made a mistake it should be 9K and not 7K.

It would be interesting if there still is a way to continue the loop after 2B+K (BE) but I doubt it at this point. Still I am not a good tester and I prefer to leave such testing to others, I simply organize and interpret the data and help everyone in doing that when possible.

Transcription:
W/O 4B 66A+BB
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 22B (BE) 1B 3B AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 22B (BE) 1B 3B AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B
N/O 44A (BE) 33(B) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 44A (BE) 33(B) AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O A+G 9A+BB

Transcription:

Key: W/O = With orb | N/O = No Orb | WS = While Standing | CH = Counter Hit

BE = Brave Edge or A+B+K

W/O CH WS B 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
W/O 1A 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
W/O 1A+B 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O WS B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BE Dash Forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout Version of this combo. It only works when you're pushing them close to wall or on big hitbox characters)
N/O 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BE Dash forward AAB 2A+B 3B (Only works when pushing close to a wall or on big hitbox)
N/O 44A BE 33(B) AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 22B BE 1B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout version)
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O CH WS B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout version)
N/O CH WS B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9K 2A+B

An actual MATCH vid from me! Here you go, it's me vs Partisan's Patroklos

Nice. Watching actual matches will help me learn how apply all of these combos:p
I can't seem to get the combo you did at 2:13 down though. I can't hit the last two hits of the AAB after the BE

Nice. Watching actual matches will help me learn how apply all of these combos:p
I can't seem to get the combo you did at 2:13 down though. I can't hit the last two hits of the AAB after the BE

There is some timing involved to get that to land. :P

In other news, a couple more videos. This time it's me vs DevilDigimon's Ivy.

Just needed some more practice. Got it down now. :p
I'll try recording some matches later this week to show this and get some feedback, but I've been using her CE less and BE attacks more to extend combos lately.. Really I only use the CE to setup ringouts and her unblockable now.

Just needed some more practice. Got it down now. :p
I'll try recording some matches later this week to show this and get some feedback, but I've been using her CE less and BE attacks more to extend combos lately.. Really I only use the CE to setup ringouts and her unblockable now.

CE is most certainly situational. I use it for ringouts and anti-pressure only now.

^ that last one was first day fights, so excuse combo mistakes there.

Edit: Also, Excuse my little brother and sister in some of these fights. xD I am replacing it with music but the edit is taking a bit long.

Hello folks please use spoiler tag for embedded videos thank you very much they really take forever to load sometimes. -_-

Thank you so much. These are exactly the kinds of vids I needed, especially since I play against the Japanese regularly on ranked. It helps that I understand the commentary too. Also for the record Cervy's CE is just too good and should be nerfed.

Day one match. I have another uploading now that I'll post later.
If you guys have any feedback/tips I'm open to them. I really want to learn this game but it's my first SC so I'm a bit lost.

Thank you so much. These are exactly the kinds of vids I needed, especially since I play against the Japanese regularly on ranked. It helps that I understand the commentary too. Also for the record Cervy's CE is just too good and should be nerfed.
no problem, to be honest its almost the same as viola ce+ free unblockable, execpt less damage. atleast its sidsstepp-able(cervantes ce). The only issue i had with that viola player was him overusing 3b just a bit. besides that good shit on his part. the other viola that participated in those sets that i had seen was really really bad.

Come on guys! can't get better without a little constructive criticism!
I like your play with orb but it seems like once you set it you fall apart a little. You use a lot of 3B and get punished for it. I don't think you throw enough at all, it's viola's main way of making people duck since her lows are pretty weak.

Edit: Also, Excuse my little brother and sister in some of these fights. xD I am replacing it with music but the edit is taking a bit long.
Not to be a negative nancy but you should find some kind of stand to put your camera on so the videos are easier to watch. ^^

Back