Viola Video Discussion

My contribution, I will hopefully make a lot more. Mute if you dont want to hear the nerd talk :P
There is also Elysium in the middle but I roll viola twice

The first post has been updated with the videos up till 5th February (as I post this it is already the 6th for me, I am 13 hours ahead of EST). Instead of embedding the videos however I purposely linked directly to the post that should show up as a single post if you open it in a new tab. That way if any description comes with the video you will also be able to read it while viewing the video if you so prefer.

That should help people who might surf the forums while on mobile or slower connections. I will be following this format in the future.

Couple more match videos from me:

In this one I was messing with N/O 6B+K Shenanigans. It can do some fun things.

And here's where I fight a random Devil Jin. I have no idea how to handle a tekken moveset. That wavedash looking thing of his is really weird.

Nightmare player obviously had no idea WTF he was doing against Viola. Not enough 3AA and other traps to force you to play at his range. He was probably being too passive because he was unsure.

Lol crouch dash is what they call it in Tekken. Devil Jin guarantees a mix-up off that using EWGF launcher which is a super fast high. The moment you see that during or near the start of a match, ducking and punishing is a good way to start. Then just launch him next time you see him try anything more than one CD in a row. Had the player used more Hell Sweeps that would have been bad for you, considering he missed a combo with that and also mind-games off CD and Hell Sweep.

Nightmare player obviously had no idea WTF he was doing against Viola. Not enough 3AA and other traps to force you to play at his range. He was probably being too passive because he was unsure.

Lol crouch dash is what they call it in Tekken. Devil Jin guarantees a mix-up off that using EWGF launcher which is a super fast high. The moment you see that during or near the start of a match, ducking and punishing is a good way to start. Then just launch him next time you see him try anything more than one CD in a row. Had the player used more Hell Sweeps that would have been bad for you, considering he missed a combo with that and also mind-games off CD and Hell Sweep.

Yeah, hence the testing with B+K. I've realized that if you BBB recall then 6B+K mid recall, if they try to retaliate, the 6B+K will hit them. It forces them to play different. However I got away with a lot of blocked 66A, and W/O BBB that fight. Super unsafe, but he was letting me do it, so K.

And I don't think I'll ever get used to that mixup. It just looks incredibly weird.

Heaton: Best Viola player, or BEST Viola player?

Heaton: Best Viola player, or BEST Viola player?

So the game facepalmed itself so hard at your failed grab RO it gave you a glitch RO. :P That or it just wasn't sure it should give you the second one and decided to throw you a bone.

So the game facepalmed itself so hard at your failed grab RO it gave you a glitch RO. :P That or it just wasn't sure it should give you the second one and decided to throw you a bone.

Actually, I think the game recognized that my skill as a Viola player was far too great to even bother with doing inputs at my level, and when it failed to bend my will the first time, it overcompensated for itself the second time by breaking the game.

Though I'm not saying your version is inaccurate, either...

I've got some new Viola tech to show everyone. Catch it Wed. on DevilDigimon's stream at twitch.tv/au_im_digimon

Lies and deceit. Nightmare just wanted to see Viola's panties while going out the cool way.

Why do people think this character is low tier again?
I may not be the best player in the world or someone most veterans of Soul Calibur call decent but I've been playing fighting games for almost 11 years and i definitely know some next level play with a character when I see it. I recorded a video of a few 1v1 matches I played against soneone on Xbox Live named SSNORTme imDOP3 and boy did I have a hell of a time, It always felt like I was being attacked by at least 2-3 characters all at the same time. Here's a link to the video.

You're all more than welcome to tell me what I was doing wrong as well, Her pressure is so safe thanks to the assistance of the ball and her ability to set you up for throw traps as well as guaranteed unblockable hits off CE. The window for punishment is so small and seemingly impossible to use.

No idea if Viola has already been getting played like this but hopefully it keeps up if she has.
Incredibly solid.

Note: It's 10am, I haven't slept in about 30 hours so excuse me if I seem all over the place!

hi there i´m a new member here and i LIKE this forum, rly thumbs up!
i`m better known in the tekkken scene but i`m a total sc noob i think.
startet playing it a few days ago and i like it. i focused on playing viola because i like her combos and style.
i registered here to show you some stuff i found out and to ask around if anyone here already figured out
a better CE combo then mine. i tryed to use only the CE and no more yellow special (whats the right name?)
to save the special meter for combos i might get after avoiding attacks. i dunno if this is wise but thats what i`m here for, to learn from and with you :)... btw. i´m german, sry for bad gramma

enjoy and comment pls! :D (notations and discriptions @ yt)

Why do people think this character is low tier again?
I may not be the best player in the world or someone most veterans of Soul Calibur call decent but I've been playing fighting games for almost 11 years and i definitely know some next level play with a character when I see it. I recorded a video of a few 1v1 matches I played against soneone on Xbox Live named SSNORTme imDOP3 and boy did I have a hell of a time, It always felt like I was being attacked by at least 2-3 characters all at the same time. Here's a link to the video.

You're all more than welcome to tell me what I was doing wrong as well, Her pressure is so safe thanks to the assistance of the ball and her ability to set you up for throw traps as well as guaranteed unblockable hits off CE. The window for punishment is so small and seemingly impossible to use.

No idea if Viola has already been getting played like this but hopefully it keeps up if she has.
Incredibly solid.

Note: It's 10am, I haven't slept in about 30 hours so excuse me if I seem all over the place!

She stilll looked very low tier in that video.
What you were doing wrong:
* You werent staying mid-range which where viola has almost no options, even the options she does have dont give her shit on hit, and are horrible on block. that leads too
* SIDE STEPPING, she has the worst sidestepp kill moves in the game, and you were blocking linear almost every match far too often. The one time you did beat him 3 rounds in a row you actually were sidestepping. All her side stepp moves are shitty on hit and worst then shit on block and have no range. Outside of back a+b without orb, which doesnt give her much on hit and is too slow to abuse, she must run up to you which you as a player should take advantage of.

So in neutral game versus viola, you want to space her out mid range and sidestep the shit out of her. Dont duck close linear unless you know a throw or low is coming. And take advantage of her short reach by timing your moves to interpt her before she pressures you. Continue-ing

* You were doing launcher (3b) wayyyyy too much, and the way you were using it 95% of the time a player that good wasnt going to get hit by it. And by him blocking it so often you gave up your advantage after blocking something she did when she was forced to block. She could have also figured you were going to do it and start sidestep whiff punishing you.

* You were getting hit over and over by her 1 a+b(her leaping low), get use to blocking this attack, and think about when she would use it and block then pressure/punish/begin spacing.
* Her aab(b being orb recall) and bbb(last b being orb recall) you werent ducking at all and giving her free frame advantage. When ever she swing her hands tech crouch attack afterward to check her ass. Tech crouch meaning down+a or b or k(if close)
* Then later you started whiffing and doing random critical egdes. These two are a big no no.
* Lastly, you werent doing any mind games or mix-ups or decent guard burst when you were given the oppurtunity you choose to launch her almost every single time.

After this link i will post a video of a viola about the same or slightly less as good as the one you faced in the next post. I wanted to main viola, but im done playing low-tier and i dont even like her enough to try and make her work. (played seung mina, cs1 rachel, jigglypuff brawl, bridget guilty gear etc...my favs are always low tier =/

I hope I can ask questions here without getting torn to pieces.
6 consecusive matches I've played today.
As you can see, I'm not very good.
Mind helping me out a little here?

Well first thing I want to mention for you is the way create a soul works. Character height alters hitboxes, speed and damage. So by using a CAS with a different height then viola some things won't work as well anymore but others may work better.

Which is why alot of us just do a full customization of the original character. Thus her attributes stay the same, but we can still play barbie dress up so to speak.

I think everybody here is wondering that. The biggest trouble I'm having is getting in and dealing with good backstep... -.-

Back