Cervantes Combo Discussion

The tech catch window is only 6 frames and since both 2A and 3A are tech traps, unless I'm wrong it should be theoretically impossible to tech trap with a move slower than i19. Can you confirm that the opponent wasn't simply standing up into a crouch or not blocking at all?

The tech catch window is only 6 frames and since both 2A and 3A are tech traps, unless I'm wrong it should be theoretically impossible to tech trap with a move slower than i19. Can you confirm that the opponent wasn't simply standing up into a crouch or not blocking at all?
This is fair enough then, looks like im fighting imbeciles that are getting caught by this. Dont get me wrong a blocked 4b BE is nice aswell, would just have rather confirmed it.

I did play around in 2p a bit with a friend trying to Ukemi the 4b Be, but it was alot more inconsistant than i previously thought!

Is there anything besides 3A that will tech after B2? I think I may have asked this but my mind is drawing a blank right now.

CE combos after B2 against certain characters. I know it works on Hilde but I'm not sure what other ones are susceptible.

Am i being stupid again, but i have managed to get CE to combo after a B2, is this just the tech trap, or does it actually link? :s

It hits if they roll back of stay grounded, and misses if they roll either left or right. If you think they're gonna roll to either side do 3A as a tech trap although it doesn't work on characters like Asta. Also if you think they're gonna roll back and don't have a CE, 2A will catch them. Only found out about the 2A one thanks to Shenchan at EVO, I didn't think to try that when I was looking for a move to catch someone rolling back.

CE combos after B2 against certain characters. I know it works on Hilde but I'm not sure what other ones are susceptible.
As far as I know Hilde is the only character it's guaranteed on. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why it works. :/

I use that combo against Sieg players too and it seems pretty consistent on them...

Edit: I found this replay in which I use b2 > CE and it seems to look kinda like a combo here, but idk, he may be able to tech out of it sideways.

(I didn't cut out the end of the video just to remind people of how manly Cervantes is)

IDK It's hard to tell whether or not he teched. I'll check it out in training when I get back on to see if it works on him or not.

Edit: Ok looks like with Sieg it hits him if he back techs or sleeps. But it can definitely be teched out of.

Some wall combos:
FRONT​
3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>2A+B 154DAM 100% Meter
3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>iGDRx2> 154DAM 100% Meter
3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>iGDR>aB 166DAM 100% Meter

3B W!>4KK W!>3A+B>BBB 106DAM 0% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!>3A+B>2[B+K] 90DAM 0% Meter,116DAM if they tech into sword,74+Restun if tech into quake
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>3B>8B+K>2A+B 104DAM 0% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>3B>8B+K>iGDR>aB 114DAM 0% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>3B>8B+K>iGDR>CE>9B+K 131DAM,158DAM if they tech anywhere 50% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>3B>8B+K>iGDR>CE>CE 135DAM 100% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>3B>iGDRx2 116DAM 0% Meter
3B W!>4KK W!:BT B+K>BBB 101DAM 0% Meter

3B W!>6A+B>CE W!>3A+B>BBB 154DAM 50% Meter
3B W!>6A+B>CE W!>3A+B>2[B+K] 135DAM 50% Meter,164DAM if they tech into sword,120+Restun if tech into quake
3B W!>6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>2A+B 136DAM 50% Meter
3B W!>6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>iGDR>aB 147DAM 50% Meter
3B W!>6A+B>CE W!>3B>iGDRx2 149DAM 50% Meter

6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>2A+B 171DAM 100% Meter
6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>8B+K>iGDR>aB 182DAM 100% Meter
6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3B>iGDRx2 180DAM 100% Meter
6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3A+B>BBB 179DAM 100% Meter
6A+B>CE W!>3B>8B+K>CE W!>3A+B>2[B+K] 172DAM 100% Meter,202DAM if they tech into sword,158+Restun if tech into quake

Left​
3B>bA W!>iGDR>b2 W!>iGDRx3​
3B>bA W!>iGDR>b2 W!>3A+B>BBB​
3B>bA W!>iGDR>b2 W!>3A+B>2[B+K]​

If anyone's interested in completely impractical combo video nonsense, with your back to the wall you can dash slightly under Tira UD B and B+K GI it. The gunshot will whiff and the GI will wallsplat her, allowing you to combo BT B+K into other nonsense. You can get 90ish damage with B+K W! > BT B+K > iGDR > BT B+K > iGDR, although sometimes she takes 40 additional damage from the wallsplat.

Back