Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Having real trouble with Cervantes. I just don't know which moves to poke with. Outside of aB (unsafe), 33B (slow), 3B (What is he? Leixia?), 22AA (Let's telegraph all day), and 44B (actually kind of useful).

I get the idea to punish with iGDR, but I need to find ways to open them up to making mistakes first. Not quite sure how to do that with him.

Somebody need to tell them its not the CPU which doesnt let them have perfect execution :)

Actually it is. :-D lol MAybe not a computer but a controller. I mean look at IVY's CS lol you trying to tell me this game reads perfect? I don't think so. So Hades if you're agreeing you are wrong as well. I am sad now.

So, i figure out an awesome way to do the 1b+kG to BT B+K. Forgive me if it is already known, but here goes:
After the 1b+kG if you input B+K+G you will get a BT B+K no matter how fast you do it.
Your input is 1B+K, B+K+G and the game will read :
K G
B K
1 B

This is so fucking good. So. Fucking. Good. So good it needs an own thread to be seen. This is as good as iCT in SC4.
this gets BT B+K ten times faster....when normally he would do B+K Auto Gi....you immediately get BT B+K!

Nice one!

Can anyone create a list of creating space moves of Cervy ? His old 3a+b in sc4 now becomes 3a and it's punishable. I can't find any moves that is more useful to create more space ?

You do 214 as fast as possible and hit B at the same time as 4. You need to do it very fast. You cant go into normal dread charge first....

You do 214 as fast as possible and hit B at the same time as 4. You need to do it very fast. You cant go into normal dread charge first....

Don't have to do it too fast. Just make sure you get 4 and B at the same time. If you don't, you'll end up doing a Dread Charge.

Hey, guys. Its me again. (You're going to be hearing alot from me, now.)
I ask alot of questions. Ignore me if I get too annoying. I'm just trying to figure this shit out!!!

Here's some questions I've come up with as I've been scrubbing it out TRYING to learn Cervy...

*This is a list*

1. What are some relatively "safer moves" I can use to "pick" at my opponent to make them open up or pressure them? (So far, I've been using 2A and 4B, or 4B,K.)

2. What are some good punishers after I block or when the enemy whiffs?
(So far, I've been using 3B, 2A+B, wr A+B and 3A+B)

3. Okay, now wtf do i do with 2B? (the "I grab you out of the air and pop a cap in yo ass!" move.)
I've tried using it after pop up, but it doesn't do as much damage considering other options I can use for juggles. I've also tried to use 8B+K and run up to try to land 2B, but it doesnt work so well. I haven't been able to land it in combo once.

4.When is the best time to go flying? That is SOOO freaking cool, but I don't know a practical application of these moves.
-I've been able to use 4A+B when an enemy was trying to pressure me into a ring out; it looked cool as I flew off the edge and hit him. He wasn't very happy. I was rofflmao. It was gr8.

-I've also made use of his BE move, 4 bA+B+K at the end of a juggle to whack them as they hit the ground.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey, guys. Its me again. (You're going to be hearing alot from me, now.)
I ask alot of questions. Ignore me if I get too annoying. I'm just trying to figure this shit out!!!

Here's some questions I've come up with as I've been scrubbing it out TRYING to learn Cervy...

*This is a list*

1. What are some relatively "safer moves" I can use to "pick" at my opponent to make them open up or pressure them? (So far, I've been using 2A and 4B, or 4B,K.)

2. What are some good punishers after I block or when the enemy whiffs?
(So far, I've been using 3B, 2A+B, wr A+B and 3A+B)

3. Okay, now wtf do i do with 2B? (the "I grab you out of the air and pop a cap in yo ass!" move.)
I've tried using it after pop up, but it doesn't do as much damage considering other options I can use for juggles. I've also tried to use 8B+K and run up to try to land 2B, but it doesnt work so well. I haven't been able to land it in combo once.

4.When is the best time to go flying? That is SOOO freaking cool, but I don't know a practical application of these moves.
-I've been able to use 4A+B when an enemy was trying to pressure me into a ring out; it looked cool as I flew off the edge and hit him. He wasn't very happy. I was rofflmao. It was gr8.

-I've also made use of his BE move, 4 bA+B+K at the end of a juggle to whack them as they hit the ground.

Thanks in advance!!!
I'm only average, but I can answer a couple of those.

1. Cervy isn't much of a poker, but he has a couple moves. A healthy dose of 1A, B is important, its unseeable. A, A is of course good, and 2K and WR K are pretty safe stuff. Nothing earth-shattering, but they get you by in the poke dept. Cervy is more of a punishment character and you have to make some good reads and be patient to get the big damage a lot of the time.

2. 3B is a staple, if you are looking for whiff punishment though, learn iGDR which is 214:B. The 4 and the B have to be on the same frame. After that, learn to convert that into the iGDR followup which is another 214:B motion, and the finish the combo with a 2A+B.

3.b2 isn't very useful I have found. If people don't Ukemi (tech roll) then after a b2 you get 2A+B or Critical Edge, but if they Ukemi you are boned.

4. 4bA+B+K is a great move and is best used to put the opponent in a mix up if they block it or launch them for big damage if it hits. if they block, you can either BT B+K to punish any interrupts or if they duck. You can also throw out of BT and both of Cervy's throws are very good.

Had a look into input requirements.

Why the hell do I have to watch a 30 second ad every time I want to watch this 4 second vid? Fucking assholes, never using Bink ever again.

In any case, it's just as I thought: the speed doesn't matter as long as the 214 is within the input window (which is relatively lengthy). Only think that matters is the 4 +B input. It's been this way since Soulcalibur 3.

Back