Challenge: Make a Randomized Character Look Good

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
Create-A-Soul has an option to pick a random assortment of gear with the press of a button. Why would we even want that? It serves no purpose, right? It does here. This challenge will have you putting your creativity in a limited space to the test, and we'll see who can make the best character out of a randomized set.

Instructions
  • Pick a character of any race, gender and style you wish.
  • Go to the equipment and select "Generate at Random".
And now THIS is your CAS, the core of it at least. To put it simply:
  • The parts you got as random are set in stone. You can add equipment to anything that wasn't randomly selected, but you can't remove what it gave you.
  • You can modify the body attributes such as hair, build, size etc to whatever you wish as that isn't tied to the button.
  • The item slots can be used freely, as they're not part of the system.
  • The randomized parts can be modified with colors, patterns, stickers to make them mesh better with the design that you'll try to go for. In fact, this will be your saving grace most likely.
  • Please post at least two pictures -- Before and After, so not only is it fair and we know it's truly randomized but also for the sake of comparison.
So, can you play well within the confines of lady luck? Let's find out!

Last edited:
I guess I'll start, just to see how it goes...

Dp9dp3VU4AAqaOG.jpg
Dp9dhHcUUAEgyEp.jpg

It went okay. I'll admit I was scared when I got Tira's torn tights at first because I didn't think it would mesh well with anything, but I remember they're undergarments and could be easily hidden. I was able to downplay the top by adding a vest and fur scarf as well.

Before:
20181020215346_1.jpg

Honestly I do feel like I got a little lucky here, the sleeves and waist scream "spellcaster" and the shoulder has a little cape on it that I felt matches the headpiece thematically well. Wasn't hard to derive "Roman Spellcaster" from it.

After:
20181020223824_1.jpg

Ancient vaguely Romanish Lich. I decided that he must've been some sort of commander that was so well respected that they begged to Pluto for him to return, gilding his bones to make him strong and as an offering, since Pluto was all about gold and gems and that. The chestpiece was because I wanted to retain a skeletal-look whilst having him look protected in some manner. None of the other pieces did that in a way I liked so I made one.

Tried my hand again... I think I have the luck of the Irish.

DqBBSztUUAA41x4.jpg

DqBBYIjVsAARNHK.jpg

I was hoping to make a malfested badass out of random parts to test my skills. Well, it's "bad" and it's "ass" alright. I tried to salvage this somehow, but I don't even think it's possible when you're mixing flamboyant dragonfly wings with pointy nipple spikes. It's just... no.

Before:
20181020215346_1.jpg

Honestly I do feel like I got a little lucky here, the sleeves and waist scream "spellcaster" and the shoulder has a little cape on it that I felt matches the headpiece thematically well. Wasn't hard to derive "Roman Spellcaster" from it.

After:
20181020223824_1.jpg

Ancient vaguely Romanish Lich. I decided that he must've been some sort of commander that was so well respected that they begged to Pluto for him to return, gilding his bones to make him strong and as an offering, since Pluto was all about gold and gems and that. The chestpiece was because I wanted to retain a skeletal-look whilst having him look protected in some manner. None of the other pieces did that in a way I liked so I made one.

This CaS is very good.I need the formula :)

So I went ahead and tried my hand at this but messed up and thought for some reason we were to make one of the characters different based on random equipment so I chose Tira. I also didn't snap a photo during the generate phase nor took pictures without menu stuff...still trying to figure out how to use things like photo mode. Anyway here's what I got stuck with.
Before:
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181021115647.jpg

Honestly it could have been a lot worse (I could have got the dragonfly wings or any number of other problematic items).

After:
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181021134626.jpg

I think you can pretty much tell what type of design I was going for here. Unfortunately the goggles kept coming out through the back of her head so I eventually found a hair style that would cover it up. I'm okay with the design for this first CaS for VI despite the severe lack of a lot of equipment/items.

If you want something just go for it :) To be honest I'm not a big CaS fan but some customizations are enjoyable,I can't deny it.
That i agree. Though i asked simply out of curiosity, the last thing i want is to pester people to make me this and that. They got lifes y'know.

Since it was requested, the formula for my entry.
Equipment 1
Equipment 2
Special Position 1
Special Position 2
Special Position 3
Assume any values not shown to be 0/default.

Colours:
Probably a good idea to Colour All [8, 7, 3] and go from there as it comes up a lot but here you are:
The bones are colour [8, 7, 3]

The helm itself is animal pattern 4 with both colours being [8, 7, 3] and the plume being [2, 1, 3.]
The mask is [8, 7, 3] and [7, 7, 3.]

Lower body is [23, 2, 3] / [8, 7, 3] / [8, 1, 3] / [17, 0, 1].

Waist/Belt part is [1, 41, 2] / Animal 8 [1, 44, 1] and the last two slots are both Animal 9 with both colours set to [2, 49, 0].

Scarf is Animal 9 [2, 1, 3] on both, the remaining two channels being [3, 0, 3] and [17, 0, 8].

Sleeves are Animal 9 [2, 49, 0]x2 again with the other two slots being [8, 7, 3].

Shoulders, first slot being Animal 4 with both channels set to [8, 7, 3]. Slots 2 and 4 should both be [8, 1, 3] and slot 3 is [8, 7, 3]

Boots begin the same with the first slot being Animal 4 with both channels at [8, 7, 2]. Slot 2 is [11, 0, 4] and slot 3 is [23, 0, 8].

Special 1 is [0, 13, 4] / [0, 0, 3] / [Default] / [8, 7, 3]
Special 2 is [8, 7, 3] / [0, 0, 4] / [Default] / [8, 7, 3]
Special 3 is [8, 7, 3] / [0, 6, 3]

Back