Choosing main

Webbster

[08] Mercenary
Hey I need help choosing a main and sub characters.

The ones I have listed are just ideas I had.

I like hard-hitters with good throws and ring-outs. My friend suggested Asty and Nite and my brother-in-law said Vader had good ground control.

What do you guys think?

well i cant help you there,but i will tell you what helped me.i just played with everybody untill i found someone i liked.it happend to be sophie that was back in SC2 and still play her.so just play with everybody if aanything at least youll know a lot of peoples moves.

Yoshi - semi-hard hitter, good ring out.

or if you only want the queen of ring outs. then go with hilde :D

I like hard-hitters with good throws and ring-outs. My friend suggested Asty and Nite and my brother-in-law said Vader had good ground control.

What do you guys think?

I main Ast and i have to say that he is probably the funnest character I have ever played with in any fighting game. I tend to main powerhouse characters (Jack/King, Zangief, etc) so maybe i am biased. But there is so much fun in the presence of Ast's character.

For a long time I didnt even use all of his throws and It still felt like I was the king of the ring. Being able to ax smack careless fighters from halfway across the screen, brutal moves, and knowing that your opponent has to be consistently aware that they are one false move away from losing almost half of their life bar is just fun. Also, ast is one of the best noob killers. The knee and his skills at a distance make him invincible against most noobs.

As for Nightmare and Vader. I would go with NM.

What do you guys think?

By reading that you like hard hitters with good throws and ring outs then your best be has to be vader. He is the king of ring outs and his throws are powerful. Plus he is deceivingly fast once you start using the force cancels you can pretty much dominate the pace of the match from being fast and aggressive to slow and defensive. I mean if you like to turtle then you have the force impact to keep careless fighters at bay.

But if you want someone who you can just pick up really easy than asta is your best bet as he is pretty easy to use

Talim has a variety of ring out options, and decent throws (that also offer a lot of ring out potential).
As for hard-hitting, that's definitely not there.

Confusing your opponent and going for the quick ring out is fun...
but of course, you're going to ring out yourself about a million times while learning her.

I think I might have to agree with the asty users about the strength aspect. I personally dread everytime I play an astaroth user, just because 2 false moves on my part will get me killed.
XD

ya, Asta and Nighty are both fairly easy to learn at first. both heavy hitters. both good at ring outs.
so i'd say go with them.

WHat these guys said is somewhat true but it really does depend on who you enjoy using idk much about ast but I just love fighting him so fun lol but he has some really good damage and killer throws, hes pretty much a throw character NM is REALLY fun but it's easy to learn him but KNOWING how to use him is hard because he is a very unsafe character. Most of his moves have openings and he gets predictable when he does grimstride like GS A or GS B even GS KK it leaves an opening so you'll be forced in block But I think GS KK has better frame than those but still puts you on block Nm also has a great RO game its really good. I don't know much about Vader but he does have good throws especially when he picks u up and just throws you its simple strong and easy RO lol.

By reading that you like hard hitters with good throws and ring outs then your best be has to be vader. He is the king of ring outs and his throws are powerful. Plus he is deceivingly fast once you start using the force cancels you can pretty much dominate the pace of the match from being fast and aggressive to slow and defensive. I mean if you like to turtle then you have the force impact to keep careless fighters at bay.

But if you want someone who you can just pick up really easy than asta is your best bet as he is pretty easy to use

I think Vader may be a good character to transition too, but i wouldnt start out with him. His movement is kind of wonky and he has a low move set which hurts his mix up abilities. You will have to take a lot more time learning how to be affective with him. His ringout ability is good, but nothing compared to NM and Ast. NM can ring out from damn near the middle of a stage, and halfe of Ast's moves send characters flying off.

Another thing to think about is that if you are just starting on SC4, picking Vader is going to put you at risk in SC5 as its likely he wont be in the game ala Spawn, Zelda, etc. So if youre planning on becoming a long term fan you might want to pick a seriens mainstay.

hard-hitters with good throws and ring-outs
cassandra!
you shouldnt need advice in picking a char, you probably shouldnt have a prefence for fighting style. id say its best to use wich char' appeals to you the most, youll enjoy using them more and thus learn them better. personally i cant put any time into learning a char if i think their a douche.

Forget everything you read and just pick Rock, cause he's awesome.

There may be too much manliness contained in Rock for a new player. They might get overloaded with it and die a horrible (yet manly) death. Possibly involving a woodchipper and a grenade.

There may be too much manliness contained in Rock for a new player. They might get overloaded with it and die a horrible (yet manly) death. Possibly involving a woodchipper and a grenade.

lol thats pretty funny but yea pick who ever you feel comfortable with you don't need other people to tell you who you want to play but put a lot of dedication on that character so gl man

I His ringout ability is good, but nothing compared to NM and Ast. NM can ring out from damn near the middle of a stage, and halfe of Ast's moves send characters flying off

Vader can ring you out pretty easily man he has great back RO's Front RO's but i dont know you should watch some oof vids and see what i mean about vader being ring out king, but you have a point about vader being harder to get into because he has crappy lows.

Sure vader wont be in sc5 but the guy wants a main for SC4 so i say play vader but im being biased as i love using the force. Asta if you want security in your character remaining in the series.

Nightmare is an easy learner.

Rock is rarely used and if you play with him you're probably decent with him. A hard hitter with TONS of throw options.

Ivy has excellent damage and air combos.

Neither of my mains are exactly hard hitters, but both have awesome ring out game.

Well, if you are a patient person who wants a hard-hitting female character, Hilde would be a great choice. Other than that, like previously mentioned, Nightmare and Astaroth are great for their knock down/back attacks and RO abilities... but the ultimate question is: Which character do YOU enjoy playing as the most?

I think all those characters require extra patience because the have interrupt moves, but patience is important to learn for almost any fighting game so that shouldn't deter you from wanting to learn them. Astaroth is certainly the easiest to use of the characters mentioned

While trying out all those other characters, promise me you'll also try out Rock eventually :D.

Back