congratulations to the united states

smilingsaint

[08] Mercenary
i know that this thread is not about SC4, but just this once i dont mind breaking the rules.

congratulations United States on your new president.

as a canadian these last 6 or so years of bush have been pretty hard, canada and the usa used to be very close, but then suddenly about 6 years ago it was like your country suffered a stroke and your personality changed over night to... well anyways, congratulations.

then again, there is still an hour or so until your new president is sworn in, so im still here crossing my fingers hoping bush doesnt somehow find some last minute way to create another disaster.

I'm glad I was wrong in my pessimism. I fully expected to at least see an attempt at Obama's assassination.

One thing I don't understand is why people are dancing that Bush has gone, but it was so obvious four years ago that he is fully incapable. I mean, who re-elected him anyway?

Other than that: I think it's great Obama got elected. Hopefully he can do good. No idea how that would look like though.

We really have yet to see what Obama will actually do. In the end, he got elected because he wasn't Republican, but he won the primaries because he's not like other Democrats, either. It's like we just voted in the mystery box. A boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything!

I know, but I also know that the Confederacy (they are still united) is always looking for an opportunity to take him out. The leader of the KKK has publicly stated to this.

Yes, congrats to us. We just got a president who thinks the best way to get out of our massive debt and horribly downturned economy is to....... Spend as much money as possible?

Yes, congrats to us. We just got a president who thinks the best way to get out of our massive debt and horribly downturned economy is to....... Spend as much money as possible?

Thats high school economics, increase government spending to increase GNP.

Thats high school economics, increase government spending to increase GNP.

Strictly speaking, government spending does help the economy, because the exchange of money is what an economy is. The wisdom of it is another issue entirely. :p

How exactly do you think our American workers will be able to stay employed when money is not being put back into the economy?

Americans hoard their cash, don't spend it on goods besides things they need to survive, production on things like cars, TVs, Boats, Battery Operated Sexual Devices, anything manufactured for enjoyment gets slowed down due to lack of demand, American workers lose their jobs, Americans have no money to spend, the economy grows stagnant.

Americans spend money on things (however, spend money wisely, not recklessly like many have been the past decade), production continues, American workers make a paycheck, they spend that paycheck on goods and services, the economy flourishes.

It isn't that hard to understand. The problem is the guy who remortgages his house for the third time to buy a new Boat, while still paying off 5 credit cards for his ATV, Plasma TV, and his Dodge Ram 4x4 supercharged Cummins that he has never in his life got dirty, towed, or hauled anything with.

It is not spending money that gets people into economic trouble, it is spending it foolishly, and living beyond ones means.

I just realized I was about to try to argue politics/econmics here, but there is no need anyway. He is elected, he will spend, it will be good. People dont need to be convinced anymore.

/edit/ or what sponge said

I mean, who re-elected him anyway?

The south and religiously devout bible belt areas.

As for what Sponge is saying, it's absolutely true, but no president will be able to stop people from acting like assholes and blowing money on stupid shit. Similar problem in education, you can spend all the money you like, but you'll never change stupid and irresponsible parents.

I mean, who re-elected him anyway?
What KowtowRobinson said...and the fact that the Democratic nominee wasn't all that great either. So it was like, either stay with Bush, or change presidents in the middle of a war to a guy that didn't have a lot of the nation's confidence anyway.

Sponge has a great post, but to go further into detail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deficit_spending

Government spending is the Keynesian economical answer to a budding recession. It's how the United States was able to pull out of the Great Depression, and how it'll pull out of this recession.

My only worry is the chance of hyper-inflation, devaluing a weakening dollar. America can prepare for that with higher taxes, but I doubt many voters would selflessly agree to that.

Obama has a good head on his shoulders and a great team of economist, with Warren Buffett (a businessman who can make money during a recession) acting as an unofficial advisor as well. With Bush gone, things are looking up in the world.

heres a picture honor all of our president over the years
enjoy.

Attachments

• ComboBarack.jpg
    ComboBarack.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 202
I was going to comment on the horrible economics being discussed here, but remembered that this was an internet forum.

All I have to say is, spending money is useful, but if you don't do it properly, you just get inflation and the benefits get canceled out. Right now we need to focus on increasing liquidity and confidence in our credit system, not bailing out uncompetitive industries.

I know, but I also know that the Confederacy (they are still united) is always looking for an opportunity to take him out. The leader of the KKK has publicly stated to this.

*eye rollage* There's a section for UFO and tin-foil hat theories called Speculation at your local Borders store. Check it out, you'll love it. Did you know aliens built the pyramids?

Back