Console Going into Standby...

MJOLNIR

[08] Mercenary
To be honest, I'm posting this in SCV Multi since I've seen it happen with just this game...

I notice that, at times when I leave my console for some hours...while the game's loaded (say like the SCV main menu) my console will enter standby (which is pretty much "off" mode, since standby for the PS3 Slim is off while it's plugged into the power outlet). This only happens sometimes since at other times I can leave my console on for 12 straight hours and nothing will happen, yet today I left it for 4 hours then it went into standby...think this is a game issue, or maybe a powerline issue in my house?

Thanks for the feedback.

I've never heard of this issue before. The only time it's done that to me is when I'm watching a movie and it does it automatically. There should be an option to turn it off.
If it's not that, I couldn't answer it, and I shall proceed to be useless somewhere else.

Weird. I have a completely unrelated issue exclusively with SCIV and SCV on 360. I've had three consoles and two copies of SCIV, but always had trouble with it deciding to not read the disc. I sometimes have this issue with SCV as well, though much more rarely. Both games installed to my hard drive, I've never had the issue with any others.

EDIT: And no used copy BS either, both first print collectors editions :3

The only thing I could come up with is with the PS3 or Ps3 Slim, if this is happening just due to the console settings,
on the console menu,
>>see Settings
>>go to Power Save Settings
>>go to System Auto-Off​

Look at the submenus from that to see if anything is of significance.

Back