Console Graphic Problems

Which visual do you use?

• Total voters

Death_Emperor_X

[10] Knight
I have a problem that I've tried to fix, but all the little tricks I do just doesn't seem to work. I have a big ass flat screen TV & on my Xbox 360, I can't go 1080p properly. I tried googling up this information & even when't to microsoft, but nothing was specific, nor was anything direct. That, or I don't know how to look shit up properly. So I bitch to 8wayrun, hoping somebody will know how to fix this bullshit.

A more specific explanation about the problem: When I switch to 1080p on my big flat screen tv, it cuts off half the screen & uses one side of the screen only. Another thing that it does when I try to fiddle with it, trying to make it work is that it zooms in on the screen so damn close that it's using the top left corner of it only. It's either those two things it does, or it just goes completely black screen.

My big ass tv says its HD & can go 1080p, but when I try it on Xbox360, it can't. I am currently using AV cable cords to bring up visual & I'm stuck with 1080i. Does anybody have any idea why the hell this is acting up? Does certain tv brands matter? Is there something on the settings on my console or Tv that I could do to fix the screen's problems?

The things I did to attempt to fix the problem
-Reboot my Xbox
-Re-plug the cords in a different channel
-Changed my zoom options
-& my final resort was sent it in to get it checked for technical difficulties. When I sent it in to a electronic store for a check-up, they told me there's nothing wrong with it (bullshit; but atleast it was free). I don't think a electronic store knows what a "console" is & the relations between a console & a TV. & obviously my friend who even works there.

1080p quality is best for me, I make sure to upload all my Youtube videos now in HD 1080p, and Lol @ Occulus Rift, I totally need to get that!! =D

Looks super badass, but it's very expensive.

Some random things to make sure of since it's unclear from your post:

what's your TV model
what's your 360 model
1080p hookup requires an HDMI cable if you're not aware of this

Some random things to make sure of since it's unclear from your post:

what's your TV model
what's your 360 model
1080p hookup requires an HDMI cable if you're not aware of this
A friend of mine is using AV cable cords & he's on 1080p. He doesn't have an HDMI cable cord. As for the models, TV: Mitsubishi & Xbox: Slim. However, an HDMI cable cord would be something I'm willing to try out, but I don't feel like wasting money just yet until I find out how I can fix my retarded AV cable cords to 1080p if I can (hopefully).

A friend of mine is using AV cable cords & he's on 1080p. He doesn't have an HDMI cable cord. As for the models, TV: Mitsubishi & Xbox: Slim. However, an HDMI cable cord would be something I'm willing to try out, but I don't feel like wasting money just yet until I find out how I can fix my retarded AV cable cords to 1080p if I can (hopefully).

An HDMI cable is like $2 if you buy it online. Not really a waste of money.

HDMI cables are more common than pigeons. I bought 2 for less than $2 each.

Anyway the TV model was important to know because not all early 108TVs are actually capable of accepting 1080p via component cable (a distinction to be made from an AV cable). Most if not all early 1080p HDs couldn't interpret a 1080p signal from component until later years unless they upgraded the RCA sockets that the cables go in, which is still an extra production cost and still often omitted requiring use of the HDMI input for 1080p. Your friend's HDTV apparently can do 1080p through component, but you will need an HDMI cable for yours since you've already found that you can't.

Last edited:
2 dollars? wtf? I was expecting 15-20 bucks.

They are $15-30 if you buy them locally from places like Walmart or Radioshack. For whatever reason, they like to price them up. The worst part is that people actually buy them at that price.

But yeah, check on newegg.com or ebay and you should be able to find them cheap.

If there that cheap ($2) then wouldn't that mean their shitty? not that I care, but just a thought that I should ask. Oh well, it seems like my only option is an HDMI cord. I'll get one later... Thanks for showing me the link DIME.

Nah, Unless he's using composite cables (red/green/blue) then he isn't getting HD.

Oh and HDMI cables > Composite, I am forced to use Composite when I record and I can say HDMI is better.

Back