Convince me to keep Seong Mi-Na over Kilik...

DrakeAldan

Follow the rules!
One day, some day, I'll pick up a secondary character to learn.

Once upon a time I used to dabble with Seong Mi-Na. 'cause, you know, I wanted a ranged character, and nobody uses Seong Mi-Na. (Except those guys. You know who you are.)

But recently I was thinking about it.

Mi-Na's aGIs kinda stink.

One's really unsafe, one combos when it wants to, and one isn't NC so you can get blocked and punished after your own freakin' GI wtf

Kilik's aGIs are pretty good.

I could probably start stacking more evidence but I'm too lazy to do the research right now.

Anyway.

That keepout, poke-to-poke lifestyle, is that worth keeping? Eh?!

(personally, I think Mi-Na should've stayed unique instead of getting so many bastardized Ling Sheng-Su moves. Oh well, NB does what it has to I guess...)

(personally, I think Mi-Na should've stayed unique instead of getting so many bastardized Ling Sheng-Su moves. Oh well, NB does what it has to I guess...)

But she's more unique now than she's ever been?

I mean apart from maybe when Kilik didn't exist.

But she's more unique now than she's ever been?

I mean apart from maybe when Kilik didn't exist.

eh? I don't understand.

Kilik and Yun-Seong have some of her moves (that's not cool).

Mi-Na has some of Kilik's moves (doubly not cool, and they're not even the good ones).

I mean, could've NB replaced some of that useless stuff with some better moves?

Angol Fear is better

Miss Pointy Nipples Angol Mois Palette Swap doesn't have anything to do with the conversation. >_>

eh? I don't understand.

Kilik and Yun-Seong have some of her moves (that's not cool).

Mi-Na has some of Kilik's moves (doubly not cool, and they're not even the good ones).

I mean, could've NB replaced some of that useless stuff with some better moves?

Miss Pointy Nipples Angol Mois Palette Swap doesn't have anything to do with the conversation. >_>

Actually they share almost no moves now which is good. Aside from a few variations.

Pretty much. If you haven't already fallen in love with her playstyle she's probably not for you.

Yeh... eh.

I'll take efficiency over standing out any day.

... ehh, I got all these Mi-Na outfits left over, though.

oh well.

(Something tells me I'll get frustrated practicing FotD or "ASURA" and go back to Mi-Na.)

This is an area where SC4 suffers. Unlike VF, some chars just aren't tourney viable.

Namco never cares about balance- they're similar to SNK in this regard.

heres a reason to pick mina ofer Kilik. NO ONE LIKES A BANDWAGONING WHORE. you know who you are. and i hate you.

Mina is my WORST character in the entire Soul Calibur series because she's not only weak but I have no incentive to play her. Kilik isn't just more fun, he's also more powerful and has a flashier playstyle. Drop her like she's hot (even though she's not).

I actually like Mi-Na more simply because shes more of a challenge. Pretty much anyone can pick up Kilik and learn his combos in an afternoon, Mi-Na definitely is tougher. Obviously, Kilik is the more powerful character, however the one serious advantage of Mi-Na (if you want to call it that) is the fact that since she isn't used very often, the opponent may not know the necessary counter-measures, whereas Kilik...I don't main him but after playing so many people who use him...I've pretty much narrowed down most of his moves. Granted, Mi-Na doesn't have the greatest movelist anyway, but you asked for reasons...that's about all I got.

Pick a different secondary, Mi-Na isnt worth it and everyone hates Kilik basically. So either way you lose but if you pick Kilik you may win more but I know I will hate you because everyone picks Kilik

There are no reasons gameplay wise at all to keep Mina over Kilik.

Kilik is superior to Mina in every department but oki and that still pales compared to what Kilik can do in other areas.

Only reason to keep her around is that you like a spear over a staff and a cool and funny girl over a powerful monk.

Back