Create-A-Soul Contest

MilkBot

[08] Mercenary
Not sure where else on the forums to put this but I had a quick question: Do we have CAS contests here on 8way? If we do, please point me in the right direction. If not, I think they would be a fun addition to the site. I also have a few ideas in mind I would like propose if this were to actually happen.

I wish I could enter, but I don't have any "Create-a-Soul" characters since I don't have SCIII. I do have my characters from SCIV's "Character Creation" to consider, but I dont know if they'd count... :)

Yes, this is a great idea! I dabble with CaS very often, so I would largely enjoy a contest! I think once SCV comes out with its overhauled CaS, this should most definitely be implemented!

Alright. Once Soul Calibur V comes out, I'll try and get things organized. There will be a thread posted pertaining to the actual contest with the first post containing all the rules and will be updated to contain all contest entrees. I'll speak to the moderators of this section of the forum so they can be judges. Perhaps three judges and then the majority of a user vote could count as a judge? Or should it be open voting where every voter casts their top 3 picks? Their first choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and last choice gets 1 point. After the deadline passes, all points are tallied and maybe Jaxel could implement some sort of trophy system to appear next to your avatar depending if you got first (gold), second (silver) or third (bronze). If he did that, users would not only showcase their wins in the Create-A-Soul section but also their tournament wins as well.

If you guys want to start brainstorming some contest ideas, that'd be great. We could have standard ones like Best Recolor or some some weird ones like Best Transgender.

How about a discontinued character contest, where we try to make some of the characters that have been left out of the game~

This can be ran much like a SotW contest; or any type of graphics contest.

1st; subjects of creation (i.e. Best appearance/Best CaS Male/Best CaS Female/ Best discontinued)
- These are creation subjects which we, as a community, would vote on what we'd like. A "CaS contest" can be turned into "CaS of the Week." So, we would have a topic of subject suggestions, then the runner can choose the subject or have another member do so. (In this case, if I were running it, I'd ask a random member to pick the weekly subject.)

2nd; Entree of creation.
- Now that a topic/subject of what to create is in effect, make another topic for said week of entrees. Everyone will have to put their entree in the topic. Or, to stop this from being a popularity contest, PM who ever is running the contest your entree. There should be a time limit... say if it's a weekly contest... make it a 5day entree limit. Either two of these ideas for an entree.

3rd; Voting phase
- So, now that you've gathered everyone's entree in the time limit given; either by private messaging, or an entree topic, you can begin the voting phase. Make a topic/thread for voting. Put everyone's entree who entered on display for the community to vote. Again, to stop this from being a popularity contest, it's suggested names aren't tagged to the entrees until after voting is done. Also, voting for yourself is pretty gay. Either vote for another person, or don't vote at all- of course, that's a rule of my personal opinion.

4th; Bragging rights... or?
- Of course, anyone will want a prize for their effort. Or, at least, bragging rights and/or proof of victory. This is entirely up to the community as a whole on what to do.

That being said, I'd be glad to help- creativity is a pleasure of mine, and this only highlights the creative mind. If someone wanted me to run this, I would be glad to (if it were to evolve from ideas to reality.) If not, that's cool, I'll just win every single contest, anyway. ;)

If Jaxel is willing to let people bypass the signature image restriction, I can totally whip up some pretty bitchin' award badges.

Otherwise, get ready to dress down since your creations will be wiped on the floor by mine once SCV comes out. ;D

Suggestions for Awards : - Some of you already mentioned a couple. So dont mind me, I'll just post what I have in mind.

Best Recolor (Existing Character)
Best Recolor (Weapons)
Best Villain
Best Hero
Best Looking
Most Hilarious
Most Original
Best Celebrity Lookalike
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Transgender
Most Sexy