Creations of Famous People

Retrotator1

[12] Conqueror
I thought about doing a series of creations based on famous gamers and their shows, so here's a thread for it.

I'm thinking about making:
Game Grumps
Reggie (Nintendo)
The Game Theorists
Game Overthinker characters

Feel free to add any creations of this theme that you have, or to try making anyone that I listed.

[Notice]
Retrotator1 and I discussed about this idea. Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Arnold Scharzneggar, Jim Carrey, etc is a challenge everyone might want to tackle. It may be difficult, but you never know what you could get yourself into.

-Pocky Yoshi
[/Notice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea to add Miyamoto!
That brings a lot of possibilities for player vs. game designer battles.

Here's Egoraptor from Game Grumps
soulcalibur-_8-png.38695

View attachment 38688 View attachment 38689 View attachment 38690 View attachment 38691 View attachment 38692 View attachment 38693 View attachment 38694

Here's my CaS of Shigeru Miyamoto from one of Nintendo's E3 conferences.
soulcalibur-png.38687

Last edited:
When making a recreation, consider doing this test: have someone look at them without telling them who they are. If the viewer knows the subject and can very easily tell who the CaS is supposed to be, you know it's a good recreation. If not, then there's a problem.

We recognize 99.9999% of actual people and live-acted characters mostly by face. Creation mode is great at detailing the body, so we can make pretty much whoever from video games, comics, cartoons, even live characters who have a very distinguishable costume or way of dressing, but it's very limited when it comes to faces. Creation mode just doesn't have the capacity to provide the facial detail necessary to capture most live subjects. So, I find that most recreations of live subjects have a very hard time selling themselves as representations of whoever they're supposed to be.

I hate to say it, but if you posted these without their names, I would have no idea who any of these are supposed to be. I don't see Egoraptor, Shigeru Miyamoto, or Reggie Fils-Aime. I see a weird egg man, a male in his teens or early 20s, and a darker skinned man in a suit, respectively. It's a far stretch to match any of them with their proper names.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't mean this as a critique of your skill. It's just that I've noticed that this is a very difficult thing to pull off in Creation and it requires a very carefully chosen subject. A recreation of just anyone most probably will not work, no matter who makes it.

Last edited:
@ThePascuzzi

I agree completely and felt like expressing the same point eventually. Thanks for explaining it. :)

Most cartoon and game characters can be recognizably recreated, because those characters have specific costumes. The CaS features are more about designing costumes, rather than faces. Therefore accurately recreating someone in SC5 who is only recognizable by face is not likely possible. I see my creations for this thread as being mostly unsuccessful and I'm thinking about moving on from this thread.

For characters based on actual people or live acted characters, I mostly planned to only recreate those who possibly have a specific recognizable costume or uniform.

Last edited:
Thanks

I think that's a great direction for the thread to go. There may be some fun approaches to recreating celebrities, now that I think about it.

Someone can:
- Try accurately making someone from a music video or specific event (possibly when the celebrity was wearing something memorable)
- Creatively and loosely come up with new costumes that can really relate to the celebrity.

As far as making accurate faces, I wonder if stickers can be used for drawing more specific details of a face. Maybe experimenting with using special equipment for hairstyles will help too.

To start things off, I have a CaS of Michael Jackson when he played Scarecrow from The Wiz.

soulcalibur-_35-png.34976

ngbbs4c48936d33a11.jpg

scarecrow+michael+jackson.jpg

Last edited:
Back