Dampierre is a pre order exclusive. Info about collector's edition. EU release date

He was pretty fun in BD. Well, it took me awhile to get over the crotch stomp but now in better graphics? *shudder* lol :D In his CE does he kick the back/crotch or punch it? I couldn't tell.

No :D

And also searching something similar the only name that i can think finish with "oldo" is "Leopoldo",that sound strange for our days but i suppose was ok considering when is set SC

Btw is not problem,the simple fact that you thinked that "sound italian" mean that they did a good job at create an "italian name":D
Like Dampierre i suppose,it seem the fusion between Damien and Pierre (and Pierre happen get combined,example Jeanpierre)

Maybe his name was a bit of a mistranslation (Engrish) and is supposed to be "Boldo / Baldo" - B and V are interchangeable in Japanese? There's apparently a place called Passo San Boldo in Veneto?

Just looked it up , and Dampierre is a place-name in French. There are a few regions with the name Dampierre, it would seem. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dampierre,_Aube

Edit - his bio (via wiki, so could be utter bollocks):

Birthplace Claims a different place of origin on every job (possibly France based on namesake)​
Birthdate Unknown​
Age Changes every time someone asks him (possibly 38)​
Blood type Unknown​
Weapon Hidden Punching Daggers​
Weapon name Tricks & Lies​
Fighting style Le Bello​
Family Unknown (Uses an imaginary daughter to con people)​
His gang of thieves - Ludwig, Alphard and Giselle​

Japanese voice actor Shigeru Chiba​

I guess this is Namco Bandai's way of countering sales of pre-owned copies. If you buy it used from GameStop, you wouldn't be able to access Dampierre... (Unless they sell him stand-alone as well, in which case you'd be forced to purchase him)

I, for one, don't ever buy used games, but I can see used game junkies getting upset about this, although it is pretty much standard practice in this day and age.

Maybe his name was a bit of a mistranslation (Engrish) and is supposed to be "Boldo / Baldo" - B and V are interchangeable in Japanese? There's apparently a place called Passo San Boldo in Veneto?

Never ear Boldo,but you know here exist like over9000 little village and over9000 saints :D
Ubaldo yes,ever old name but exist.
If you accept "aldo" as ending we have Osvaldo,still rare anyway, but maybe that's it
Osvaldo->Valdo->Voldo
Yes,maybe they done this

Just for the record, "Kilik" is also a huge mistranslation. One that they're likely to never correct, since his name has stuck around since SC1.

Just for the record, "Kilik" is also a huge mistranslation. One that they're likely to never correct, since his name has stuck around since SC1.
Thing is you fix it quickly or you never fix,peoples know him with that name you can no more change it
What was the correct one?

For Maxi if i remember right was something like Makishi(that actually sound way more japanese and badass to me)

Thing is you fix it quickly or you never fix,peoples know him with that name you can no more change it
What was the correct one?

For Maxi if i remember right was something like Makishi(that actually sound way more japanese and badass to me)

Yes. In Japanese it was Makishi. I'm actually not sure how it would be pronounced in Maxi's native Okinawan language, however... In Chinese characters, his name is rendered 真喜志。So at the very least Maxi's name should be 3 syllables.

Kilik is the same issue. In Chinese, his name is 齊力克,or Qi Like. In Japanese, this became Kiriku. 柴香華 got the usual pinyin treatment of Chai Xianghua in the USA version (She is shanfaa in Japanese), so why doesn't Kilik get to be Qi Like? Probably because people screwed up "Xianghua" for years ... who could imagine what Americans would do with Like ... @_@

Voldo's name is probably a result of a bad translation.

It remembers me to one of Berserk characters "Void" who was known at first by the literal translation of the kanjis: "Boido". Or maybe they simply liked how the word sounded without worrying about anything else.

Voldo's name is probably a result of a bad translation.

It remembers me to one of Berserk characters "Void" who was known at first by the literal translation of the kanjis: "Boido". Or maybe they simply liked how the word sounded without worrying about anything else.

You mean of the katakana. But I take your meaning. There are bad translations abound. Kilik, Maxi, Voldo...

Yes, that's probably it. As far as we know Voldo could be only a bad romanization of "Bold" (intrepid, fearless)

I am over-joyed that that lovable asshole is in the game, he is the humor SC was missing + I never got to use him or his Silver tounge.

Don't worry about the gun, Cerv has... I think 6A+K? Hidden gun can work like that.
it works exactly like that, as seen in the recent video. The gun is unblockable and slow, high, and linear just like Cervy's and the crossbow is telegraphed and can shoot low, even slower than Apprentice's low fireball. FilthieRich said there was a mid crossbow shot too, I think.

lol, I don't care much for the armor sets since they're fugly as hell (but the minimal amount of CaS we saw looks really promising), but I'm preordering to get a taste of Le Bello <3

I would've bought a PSP just to play SC:BD if I knew he'd be this great. <3

but I'm preordering to get a taste of Le Bello <3
this sounds soooo wrong

also, to all dem haters:
zrRiJ.jpg

Back