Dark Souls

New dlc is great fun. Dragon is a bitch to get the tail.

Which dragon? Seth? I had to summon someone to help me get it, he would take the aggro while I would run behind and attack the tail. The only other dragon tail that's difficult to get is pricilla since it's just hard to not kill her before you cut it off.

DLC Dragon. Seath wasn't too bad, I did miss out on Priscilla's though for just that reason. I figure it will be a lot easier on NG+

It's out, it's $15. New DLC is a lot of fun, new enemies are pretty neat, new bosses are cool though I haven't gotten too far into the DLC yet.

• Rapier and Spear weapon turtling takes more stamina
  • Ultra-Greatsword swing speed slightly lowered to prevent stunlocking
  • Homing Crystal Soulmass and Homing Soulmass nerfed.
  • All roll speeds (except for Ninja Flip) buffed. They are now faster and possibly have greater invulnerability frames.

was the rapier/spear + shield that good? in theory, it sounds awful since it takes stamina to block and attack. seems easy to just break through their guard with kicks, atks, etc.

love the stunlock prevention, so annoying when it happens.

did soulmasses cause many problems? i use a dex-int build so i have no problems dodging them (insert bias here lol).

i <3 rolling buff, it needed the increase in invulnerability frames. rolling was so unsafe at close range due to the ease of back-stabbing during a roll.

quick question: do you need to get the DLC to get the patch? i'm gonna get it soon, but i don't have any MSP at the moment.

Just cleared the last two bosses on the DLC yesterday after many deaths. Awesome extra content. Got the artorias armor set and maxed it out

I am playing on NG+++ and Artorias is destroying me. I don't think I've ever gotten him below 50%. Not to mention I've never been able to interrupt his power up charge. The moment he powers up, it becomes an OHKO game.

this game is soo good i bought the dlc and havent even played it yet lol glad i bought this at launch day back in october 2011, best 60 dollars ive ever spent on a game i love it to bits exept the online lag stabing :(

I've not purchased the DLC yet as I'm trying to platinum the game and I don't want to have to buy even more miracles and spells. I mean I already have to beat the game one more time just to get all of weapons of Artorias and then join the dark wraiths. Also why is it that the silver knight shield and straight sword are so damn good?

I can't stop playing this fucking game. I made an Int/Dex build character a month ago and realized how amazing magic really is. I also never realized how awesome Dex is and it seems the more I play this game the deeper it actually seems.

I started a new playthrough with a faith build and holy shit is it hard, I'm focusing on faith and strenght but no weapon seems to be working well enough for me. I've been using a +5 divine mace and I'm realizing that I needs something better than that. Not to mention that miracles early on in the game aren't really that great to use in combat. Force doesn't do anything against big enemies and the only good thing is heal and homeward. It took me a while to finally get lightning spear and now I can actually hang back and deal damage.

I started a new playthrough with a faith build and holy shit is it hard, I'm focusing on faith and strenght but no weapon seems to be working well enough for me. I've been using a +5 divine mace and I'm realizing that I needs something better than that. Not to mention that miracles early on in the game aren't really that great to use in combat. Force doesn't do anything against big enemies and the only good thing is heal and homeward. It took me a while to finally get lightning spear and now I can actually hang back and deal damage.
Divine weapons suck, even for faith build characters. Here's my tip to get the most out of your Faith/Str character. Get the Great Club and reinforce it to 15. Kill Gwyndolyn on your first play through and get Sunlight Blade, it's one of the best weapon buffs in the game. On your second play through, join the Dark Moon Blade covenant. After 10 souvenirs of reprisal Gwydolyn will give you the Darkmoon Talisman and Darkmoon Blade miracle, this is the best weapon buff in the game. Now you have 2 amazing weapon buffs and should have an AR of well over 1000 when you buff your Great Club with either of them, and an AR around 650 when not buffed. I have a Str/Faith character with 50 faith and 28 strength(soul level 132) that usually 2 shots people when I invade. If I get a back stab it's usually 1 shot and they're dead because my back stabs do over 1700 and most people have around 1500 hp.

Either that or get Grant. The Grant hammer with 34 strength and 40 faith has an AR of about 725 making it one of the strongest unbuffed weapons in the game.

Divine weapons suck, even for faith build characters. Here's my tip to get the most out of your Faith/Str character. Get the Great Club and reinforce it to 15. Kill Gwyndolyn on your first play through and get Sunlight Blade, it's one of the best weapon buffs in the game. On your second play through, join the Dark Moon Blade covenant. After 10 souvenirs of reprisal Gwydolyn will give you the Darkmoon Talisman and Darkmoon Blade miracle, this is the best weapon buff in the game. Now you have 2 amazing weapon buffs and should have an AR of well over 1000 when you buff your Great Club with either of them, and an AR around 650 when not buffed. I have a Str/Faith character with 50 faith and 28 strength(soul level 132) that usually 2 shots people when I invade. If I get a back stab it's usually 1 shot and they're dead because my back stabs do over 1700 and most people have around 1500 hp.

Either that or get Grant. The Grant hammer with 34 strength and 40 faith has an AR of about 725 making it one of the strongest unbuffed weapons in the game.

I was afraid that Clubs and hammers would be the way to go with a strenght/faith build. I never liked using them and the move set for them bothered me. I probably wont do a second playthrough with this character as I'll probably just end up capping him out at level 110-120 and pvp'ing people.

You have any thoughts on the much talked about but never completed whip playthrough? Me and my buddy are going to try it and record it.

You can use Str based swords, just make sure it's a got a good parameter bonus off strength. I think the Claymore has a decent one....umm, I'm really not sure on swords. When I made my Str/Faith character I went straight for clubs. The real important thing about str/faith build is +15 reinforcing a weapon that can be buffed.

As for only doing one play through. If you took the master key, it should only take you about 3 hours to get back to Anor Londo on play through 2. Otherwise if you're set on only 1, then just get Darkmoon Blade miracle. the one draw back to the miracle is that you have to be part of the Dark Moon Blade covenant to use it. But I'm always part of that covenant anyways so it's fine by me.

Also, I've never used whips in Dark Souls so I have no idea a build for one would work. I've pretty much only used the Uchigatana and Great Club. Though I've recently started playing with the Balder Side Sword and finding that pretty awesome, even with the slight damage reduction compared to the Uchigatana.

clubs are bad IMO their just to slow, they only work in small close quarters , too easy to dodge, to easy to parry. i have a faith dex build and it works great along with a divine washing pole katana, its easily the best character ive ever made, wrath of the gods and the katana to finish them off. katana is fast and safer, causes bleeding, exept gotta watch out cuz it does not stagger as much and will not stop your oponenst atack if they have enough poise, but thanks for the tips! ill be using that sunlight blade! and dark moon blade combo!
heres a cool funny vid:

clubs are bad IMO their just to slow, they only work in small close quarters , too easy to dodge, to easy to parry. i have a faith dex build and it works great along with a divine washing pole katana, its easily the best character ive ever made, wrath of the gods and the katana to finish them off. katana is fast and safer, causes bleeding, exept gotta watch out cuz it does not stagger as much and will not stop your oponenst atack if they have enough poise, but thanks for the tips! ill be using that sunlight blade! and dark moon blade combo!
Clubs are slow, but if you wear the right armor and have high poise it doesn't matter. I run around with at least 102 poise so I can take a hit from anything and not get knocked back. So as someone is trying to hit me, I hit them. Generally we trade damage and that's a trade I'm more than willing to take seeing as more than half their life is gone usually.

I've been playing around on my dex build character and found I really love wearing the hornet ring and using the Dark Silver Tracer. For a dex weapon that thing does massive amounts of damage on back stabs. Unbuffed I generally see over 1000 damage. The weapon just unfortunately sucks on anything not crit(back stabs and parries).

Back