Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

i didn't say Kokoro was bad. i still think she's a very viable character. it's just a matter of reading your opponents more since she revolves around mixups now since she won't have guaranteed damage. but she's very strong to be having around 90 damage per launch combo she does. i still like playing her. i only agree on her tracking issues because as mila i can duck even her tracking punch in her 6PPP string by sidestepping and going into the mount offensive hold.

to be honest SR is one of the only Gen Fu players i see in tournaments. but i never said anything about Mila. She remains untouched except i'm still curious about the distance change on her 6T. but i do have to get past the challenge of a lot of her tech not working on slope stages. i ain't hating on any character. i'm just saying priorities should lie else where.

i get sticking by our characters. not a lot of people play the characters that we play so it does seem like we represent the characters we play. if we say each other's names then most likely a single character would come to our mind. so i guess that it's kinda like a requirement to flesh out and prove that our character is "the best" or at least being damn good.

speaking of Tina. i actually am interested at picking her up.

Regarding Kokoro:

If you're caught by Kokoro's 6P, either by blocking it or getting hit by it, you cannot step the second hit. 6PP as a block string is fairly good, despite certain short-comings (duckable on the second hit), neither JAK nor Mila's SS 6T can effectively duck the second hit if they sidestep. If Kokoro is delaying? Possible, but as a non-delayed string, 6PP is a good check to keep players from side-stepping Kokoro. And this is why I don't feel Kokoro really has a issue with step.

If players are stepping her 6P, then yes, you can punish before 6PP comes out to punish the step, though it would depend on the move (super fast strings or TC strings would be enough. Hitomi's SS P, Jacky's SS P_K, JAK, etc). As a string that checks step, 6PP is pretty decent and its arguably one of Kokoro's few good strings to really abuse.

6PP let's Kokoro actually play a mix-up game that she doesn't really have. It gives her a nice frame advantage, checks step and has variant mix ups in 6P6P and 6PPP with the last hit being infinitely delayable. 6PPP also works well in wall combos. And it works well in punishing offensive play at negative frames (though Ayane's, Kasumi's and Lei-Fang's are better). A successful 6PP let's Kokoro get away with a lot, but its not the end-all and be-all of Kokoro's moves. Its an enabler to let her do what she wants, especially with her limited tools, but a good player will know this about Kokoro, and every character and good player will have ways of shutting it down This is why 6PPP exists, and probably why 6PPP got a buff for the upcoming patch.

Full stop. Kokoro's only mix up is her PK or 3K string variant. Its her only string that let's her strike at all four heights (high, mid punch, mid kick, low) and has at least two guaranteed options. All but one of them is linear, but the tracking high is difficult to recover from if you're hit by it (and you will be if you attempt to step after a blocked K). Perhaps one of the reasons why players find this string so difficult to deal with is because of that tracking K and why no one effectively steps the PK string. It kind of reminds me of Natsu's 2A+B low. Its a super slow low, but the telegraph is barely readable and ties into her unblockable. Even in the meta-game and knowing the faults behind the move, its still tricky to deal with effectively. I feel like this is perhaps one of the reasons why Kokoro can get away with a PK2P (and variants) and see that low land all the time despite the telegraph and slow speed, because the string is so varied that players aren't quite sure where the last hit will come from, and because 6PP, sabakis and opening variants (PK, 3K, 1KK, BT 4PK, etc) make it scary. A bound launcher on one finish, a positive low on another, a safe BT setup, and tracking on the last hit seem to make a lot of players question whether to take the risk to shut down the string or step it. In this sense, this is Kokoro's only string mix-up, but its an incredibly good one. Especially when paired with 6P, 7P, and throws.

Kokoro's 66P+K is not a very good string to advance with, if the first hit (mid) is blocked, its completely possible to hold the last hit (high) and punish it completely. The Heichu follow ups (throw or strike) don't guarantee protection from punishment either and the move, overall, is pretty slow. There are far better mid options. 66P+K is best used as combo filler and the upcoming tweak is intended to make this move used more for that than attempts to guarantee damage from a sit-down stun or an advancing mid.

i was mainly regarding that if you sidestepped the first 6P, as Mila, and immediately went into 6T then Mila would duck the second P of the 6PP string because Mila is tech ducking due to the grab properties. that's all i was pointing out though. i have tested it with another fellow Kokoro main-er (if that's a word) and it was successful everytime.

now about Mila's phantom mids though. this concerns me because they seem to change up at random. like Mila's 3K will sometimes hit you ducking and sometimes it'll phase through your head. same thing with 9P. it hits if you are doing a wakeup kick. but it whiffs if you are crouching a downward slope and if you are doing a tech ducking move? i just don't get the consistency and lately i've been losing matches that would have been sealed if these attacks were to land. it's like Kokoro's 214P glitch. these are the bugs i was talking about that should be addressed before a patch be put in the game. this stuff remaining in the game is not good at all.

Kokoro's PK and 6PP are solid for side step, as said above. And 6PPP will be +0 on block in 1.04. And you're still complaining, lol.

Kokoro's PK and 6PP are solid for side step, as said above. And 6PPP will be +0 on block in 1.04. And you're still complaining, lol.
i'm not complaining though -_- these are observations. i don't care about the kokoro nerfs or buffs. they aren't big enough to change me from playing her. and how is 6PPP gonna go through anyway if you get tackled by Mila during the second P in that string. but like i said before. it was an example. i didn't mean for focus to go on it. i personally just want to play the game, get better, and have fun with it and with other fellow DOA players. if anything it's just gonna take some adapting to the new changes. but nothing more outside of that.

So when are you going to do that? lol
i've been constantly doing it since i picked up DOA5. i can say that i could constantly beat myself from the past because i'm always getting better. and if even i've noticed it then it must be true. although i can't adapt to the new changes because they haven't happened yet :P BUT IN DUE TIME!

New costume pack incoming... Will get pics soon.

blog_20140128-1.jpg

BfHniIUCUAADm4u.jpg

Last edited:
what's up with all this fan service being put on my mila? especially when she doesn't have that many outfits that show her off in a sexualized way to begin with. now i get some skimpy bikini? why can't i just get a tank top and a skirt in sneakers for once? something that shows she loves wearing what she feels comfortable in (like her early outfits) but suggest that she is comfortable with her body at the same time. team ninja. I are disappoint. now here's my wallet anyway but i want you to think about this in the future.

No you haven't, lol.
lol. okay. so i've never improved a single bit since day 1 in DOA5. well, doesn't matter if you don't think so. since this subject is about me then i'll go on ahead and stay in my denial and "pretend" to get better. like beating you again in future tournaments? but apparently i could have done that at anytime. maybe i was always good and just being lazy? is that what you're saying?

lol. okay. so i've never improved a single bit since day 1 in DOA5. well, doesn't matter if you don't think so. since this subject is about me then i'll go on ahead and stay in my denial and "pretend" to get better. like beating you again in future tournaments? but apparently i could have done that at anytime. maybe i was always good and just being lazy? is that what you're saying?

You beat me in "one set" out of like 10 tournaments, lol. Yet I just steam rolled you in the same tournament in Losers Finals lol. You will never beat me in a tournament again, I can guarantee that as a fact.

Reactions: CFW
You beat me in "one set" out of like 10 tournaments, lol. Yet I just steam rolled you in the same tournament in Losers Finals lol. You will never beat me in a tournament again, I can guarantee that as a fact.

ali.jpg

OUCH! Looks like he's gunna be down for the count. WILL HE BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO HIS FEET? Stay tuned folks!

Reactions: LP
Back