Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

in case you guys missed the stream here it is archived. http://www.twitch.tv/1337loungelive/b/503444598
it starts at about 1:21:00. i had a great time personally, and i felt bad cause i didn't give Amanda that shoutout i promised until late. if anyone else wants a shoutout on streams then just let me know. i gave Amanda one cause she's been keeping an eye on the SoCal scene for a while and i wanted to give thanks.

didn't they show gameplay of the character already? or was it just another costume for Kasumi. cause i hear it is Kasumi alpha. she was wearing the cloak and everything and had the same movelist and voice as Kasumi. but i hope that wasn't the case. i'd really like a new character and not just some copy character.

EDIT: nvm. the vid was just using a mod. but it still looks like its gonna be a Kasumi alpha since TN said the character was hinted at in the Arcade ending. and the character is holding a sword so its safe to assume whoever it is is a ninja.

Last edited:
This sometimes happens during a fight! Lol.
10qxbah.png

Some play time with 1.04 Mila (in part because I never played her before and I wanted to give her a try for once) and some examination of her skills and throws leads me to a single conclusion...

If they wanted Mila players to use other throws besides 6T, they should've buffed their damage. 214T being 58 base damage for a 12 frame throw (compared to other characters of similar speed and skill set getting upwards to 60 or 70 base damage) is pitiful.

Some play time with 1.04 Mila (in part because I never played her before and I wanted to give her a try for once) and some examination of her skills and throws leads me to a single conclusion...

If they wanted Mila players to use other throws besides 6T, they should've buffed their damage. 214T being 58 base damage for a 12 frame throw (compared to other characters of similar speed and skill set getting upwards to 60 or 70 base damage) is pitiful.
not to mention that 6T and 2T and her half circle throw are the only single part throws she has. everything else is a gamble unless you have godlike timing, which i have yet to see from any milas. i just don't understand team ninja's reason behind trying to force players to play a character a certain way or steer them from playing a certain way.

so i just looked at the pools for DOA5U at SCR. and my pool is hard -_-. but i hope we get some stream time. i'm sure we will. heading out there on thursday.

Top for DOA5U at SCR;

1st CrazySteady (Helena, Jacky, Sarah)
2nd AFD HajinShinobi (Ayane)
3rd Shade Shifteye (Hayate, Kasumi)
4th LF Persistant Stat (Ayane, Kasumi, Tina)
5th NykNyks (Leifang)
5th AFD ThatOneAznJosh (genfu)
7th AFD Tenren (Alpha-152)
7th AFD Vincent Rayne (Kokoro, Mila)

i wish i could have rewound time for my top 8 and used a stick instead -_-

but overall the days were fun. i wish i had money. second year in a row i go to SCR broke. i couldn't customize and duel mod my stick. ah, well, hopefully things work out for NCR and i can make it there with money to spare.

Back