Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

But I do enjoy beating the living hell out of them, so it's kind of a plus.

nisemonogatari-8-araragi-head-tilt.png

i don't like this insane lack of creativity and full on lazy character and moveset design. it's the same damn thing as SCV except Team Ninja wasn't pressured to put this character out. i mean come on. Raidou having copy/pasta moves was a stretch. but now we have TWO characters doing the same thing? just you get to pick and choose your gender. i was looking forward to a new character having a new moveset. this is the farthest from what I wanted. I guess i'm gonna have to be forced to pick up some random person to keep interest in the game since the new characters aren't doing it for me.

i was part of the convo when Tom Lee first made those comments. who knew it'd be blown up this much. it was a convo of why people could and couldn't make it out to tournaments. and why they should if they could. there were a couple people saying they couldn't because they were shy/not a people person or didn't want to waste money and effort if they were just gonna get beat.

Honestly..i dont care much more about those opinions..im gonna just keep playing and enjoying this game.
Instead wasting time complaining about a character which i even not gonna play(but im still gonna buy it...support nuff said)...but im sure glad they continue to support this game.
Even if the majority doesnt like the way they do it...

Why don't we all be more positive about Honoka? I don't know if her moveset is complete but I feel as though she will be as high up as Lisa, Christie, etc. Her range may be shorter but she has so many tools. She can send you into a wall, attack at range with a few far reaching attacks plus jahn Lee's Dragon kick, her stance transitions can evade some attacks, keep the pressure on, and maybe avoid getting counter held. We just need some tourney/top level play and maybe we will like her more.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been back here... Anyways back to the topic. I think personally I'll be having fun playing as Honoka on Last Round because of the multiple stances

Last edited:
God, you have no idea how much I can't stand the VF character. They're so out of place, I wish there was an option to remove them. I hate it every time I'm forced to look at them.

God, you have no idea how much I can't stand the VF character. They're so out of place, I wish there was an option to remove them. I hate it every time I'm forced to look at them.

This made my Day..because your comment is so...."out of place"...i wish there was an option to remove it...

Why don't we all be more positive about Honoka? I don't know if her moveset is complete but I feel as though she will be as high up as Lisa, Christie, etc. Her range may be shorter but she has so many tools. She can send you into a wall, attack at range with a few far reaching attacks plus jahn Lee's Dragon kick, her stance transitions can evade some attacks, keep the pressure on, and maybe avoid getting counter held. We just need some tourney/top level play and maybe we will like her more.

...maybe Gameacho is gonna upload some footage..as soon she hits the arcades.
But cant wait to test her out =)

This made my Day..because your comment is so...."out of place"...i wish there was an option to remove it...
That was in response to you guys talking about Pai, which reminded me of my hatred for the VF characters. Don't hate on me for speaking my mind.

I heard SEGA had a hand in making DOA5, so I think it's pretty cute! ^-^ I have a cousin who's a big fan of Virtua Fighter!
They were also the ones responsible for the VF characters feeling so copy-and-pasted. Apparently they didn't want them to do new voiceovers for god-knows-what reason, so we're stuck with the shitty quality recycled voiceovers from VF5.

They were also the ones responsible for the VF characters feeling so copy-and-pasted. Apparently they didn't want them to do new voiceovers for god-knows-what reason, so we're stuck with the shitty quality recycled voiceovers from VF5.
well, when you get into the entertainment industry, make, hundreds of thousands of dollars and am able to use guest characters from another series in your game and then alter their original concept to fit what you want by shelling out more thousands of dollars (because you are altering copyrighted material) then you show us how it's done.

and people complaining about Pai or Akira gets on my nerves. Sarah and Jacky is understandable but Pai and Akira require more effort to win with that most if not all the rest of the DOA cast.

well, when you get into the entertainment industry, make, hundreds of thousands of dollars and am able to use guest characters from another series in your game and then alter their original concept to fit what you want by shelling out more thousands of dollars (because you are altering copyrighted material) then you show us how it's done.

and people complaining about Pai or Akira gets on my nerves. Sarah and Jacky is understandable but Pai and Akira require more effort to win with that most if not all the rest of the DOA cast.
Don't need to, smartass. Other games showed off "how it's done" numerous times with their guest characters.

Back