Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Merry Christmas Folks

merry-x-mas-jpeg.36947

O_O A MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED!

Ok Seriously Folks...im on many fighter Communitys out there..and i see/saw many things and many Awesome/Stupid posts...but this on im going about to post is getting from me.....(gimme some drums)

EPIC POST OF THE YEAR!
From Hajin Shinobi(hope its ok when i paste it here, if not then i can delete it)
source:http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-socal-doa-thread.576/page-36

I've got something I want to share with all of you, something I'm very sure gets overlooked often.

I want all of you to realize that I'm the founder of our current SoCal scene for DOA5 back in September of 2012. I am the one who started our local gatherings in the Los Angeles area. I started these off at a local card shop I used to play competitive Yugioh at on the weekends with some friends of mine, called Triple Crown.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-socal-doa-thread.576/page-4#post-42851

Vincent Rayne was the first player I met here at FSD, in person, as he was the first person to come out for DOA5 at Triple Crown. Air Gear and Snakz later joined the local gatherings at Triple Crown and the four of us were originally playing casuals together there on Saturdays when we could.

I later then met a player named Red Reaper, who lives relatively close to me, offline after he joined FreeStepDodge and wanted to learn the game. So, I met up with him to help teach him the game and a bit of Ayane, since that was the character he was interested in at the time. He later then joined our offline group for our offline gatherings at Triple Crown.

At this point, Vincent Rayne, Air Gear and myself have always tried what we can to get more players interested in coming out to gatherings but hardly anyone would budge. So our group was always so small, however we always tried what we could and we would have our weekend gatherings regardless. Soon, we migrated our local gatherings to Vincent Rayne's place and it is where we would hold our weekend gatherings.

Despite me playing locally on weekends, I had no time to play at my own residence, due to school, small living environment and other personal issues. My playtime and my play itself was very limited. SCR2013 was coming up soon and I knew I was not tournament ready at all. But I could not attend WNF last year because of school (evening courses) so that held me back from supporting DOA5 Vanilla at Super Arcade.

I attended SCR2013 so that I could meet more players, and more importantly, support DOA. I went to a major tournament with less than 20 hours of play time and solid in-game experience, but I didn't care "too much" at the time, I just wanted to support DOA. I carpooled to Irvine CA with Vincent Rayne to SCR2013. Long story short, I met great people, and had a great time. I made friends, some of who I've grown close to and consider family/brethren.

I continued to do what I could with DOA after SCR2013, keep contact with players, Vincent Rayne, Air Gear and I continue to get players together for our local gatherings. I had a little more leeway to play DOA, not time for a ton of practice but for a bit. At least more to be in decent shape for NCR2013, which Requiem generously helped me register for. I also sold my last two decks I put a lot of time into completing for competitive Yugioh, for expenses for NCR2013.

I gave up something I really enjoyed and was very good at for DOA. Because I love DOA and I want to support the scene.

I carpooled to NCR2013 with Air Gear, Kal-El and Lokki. I am still not in the best shape for tournament play here, I broke down often on the tournament floor. But Matt (Sweet Revenge), Paul (Shytzoo), Steven (Shadow) and Philip (Air Gear) and someone dear to me, talked to me at different times. Their words and my music calmed me down. I played the best I could and placed in top 8 (5th place) at a major for DOA5 Vanilla, only losing to Galen and Sweet Revenge. I was proud to make it that far, others were proud as well. Hell, I was even proud to make it out to the event itself.

My first tournament win for DOA5 Vanilla was at 1337LoungeLive's first DOA5 tournament in SoCal. I went to BOTBIII in NorCal the very next weekend and did horribly because all of us (Nykko, Requiem, Shadow and myself) stayed up till the crack of dawn the night before, practicing. Which was a terrible mistake, one I will never EVER make again. But I still went to NorCal to support the NorCal scene regardless.

I am the one who got our scene to be active. However, I wasn't doing it alone, both Air Gear and Vincent Rayne have always helped me keep it active. Vincent Rayne would host casuals when he could, he would carpool me and other players if he could. Air Gear has always done the same as well. Infact, I can't exactly take all the credit because the two of them have always been there with me to keep things going however we could.

I started our scene off, but, the three of us are who continued to keep things going. When we had our first tournament out in North Holllywood at 1337Lounge, that was a blessing in itself. Jennifer was a wonderful hostess, and she has greeted the DOA community to comeout and show support for DOA. By hosting tournaments and having us come out to be on their FGC Live show a few times, to give DOA exposure.

Then we met Bloodburger there as well and that was also a blessing in itself. We also had DOA5 at WNF again for DOA5U. That was a great opportunity for us and we have done everything we can to keep DOA there. We've had maybe 2-3 nights where we had it bad at WNF (in terrible turnouts) but we've always made sure to get out to Super Arcade every Wednesday for DOA. Some got lazy and only thought of themselves, some had job or school restrictions (which is understandable, trust me), everyone else would get out there every Wednesday to support DOA. That was the purpose of going to WNF, to support DOA.

I wish our tournaments could have always been 18 players or higher, but it is what it is and I'm truly grateful to those of you who would and could attend every week that you were able to. Tomorrow is the last day of WNF's 5.0 season, I wish for that last day to be a good one for DOA. Come out and support your game.

SoCal now has a growing brand of it's own. Which is called SoCal DOA, and it is founded by Blacknightt2000, Bloodburger, and Nerd Unemployed. I am also part of this group, but I am just what I am for it, a player and someone who also wants to continue supporting DOA in California and DOA in general.The SoCal scene has come quite a long way with DOA.

I am not just someone who happens to be good at this game and plays a certain character well. I am a good player striving to become one of the best. I am also someone who has been doing what I can to support DOA out here in SoCal.

I want you all to know that, while I was doing what I can for DOA5 Vanilla, I did not have a job, I had no real income, and I have no car. I am pretty poor (I have a good home and I eat well, but income is not the best, #ThanksAmericaForNotSupplyingWorkOften). I am doing everything I can to make my life better (it's better than before, for sure, still a work in progress) but I have also tried to do what I can to support this game and help other players.

I take care of the Ayane community here, I provide viable information about this character, I have written guides, Return of a Shadow helped me make my combo video. I've been helping players individually whenever they have questions or concerns, through the forum and private messages and even offline. I critque players when requested, I took a player under my wing and taught her this game and character.

I've never stopped trying to keep the SoCal scene alive out here. I've been helping the community here, and even in SoCal. So you can understand why I would feel disappointed if my scene were to die out or stop supporting the game when it's not even 2 years old yet.

When you guys come out to support DOA, I'm really happy about that. When you guys are choosing not to, it stresses me the fuck out. I can understand when work or school takes priority, trust me, I do. But when neither of them do, and you're just choosing not to support your scene, that tells me that you don't really care that much. I'd like to think that as competitive players, all of us would like to see our game grow in strength and numbers now and in the future.

DOA is a very solid game and it deserves it's chance to be in the limelight along with the other big fighting games out there. But that will not happen if we don't support our game. DOA should have more majors and other tournaments going for it outside of what it already has. That is why SoCal DOA is here and alive, because they want to give this game the limelight all of us knows it deserves. We support DOA, they will support it too and the community. They will give back if you truly show these guys that we want this.

This is coming from a guy who does not have a lot like a lot of others do. But this same person has been doing everything he can to support this game however he can. In 2014, I will be saving up so that I can attend tournament majors.

And, Air Gear, Vincent Rayne, Requiem, Return of a Shadow, Blacknight2000, Bloodburger, Nerd Unemployed,Jennifer, Alex Valle, and Filipinoman. I want to say thank you, to all of you, for playing such a large role in supporting the DOA community and the SoCal scene. All of you have my respect and you always will.

PS:hmm..yugioh huh? =)
If ya playing on Ygopro..then just hit me up...im still playing it over here.
(yeah i play it competitive)

I was not expecting to see this here at all. I feel a bit honored knowing some people acknowledge the hardships from others who still try their best to do what they can. I was just stopping by to post a reminder about SCD's tournament this week. This caught me off guard.

@Amanda I haven't played Yugioh since May 2013, I might have to stop by DuelistGroundz to see what's changed in the meta and what not so I know what a Prophecy build needs at the moment.

LAST REMINDER FOR SIGN UPS FOR SOCAL DOA's It's a Wonderful Fight tournament for DOA5U tomorrow (12/28/2013) folks. SoCal players (and NorCal if possible), come out and support your game. Spread the word around more about the tournament whenever you can folks, SCD and I want to see a nice turnout for this one.

Tournament thread over at FreeStepDodge.com;http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ment-its-a-wonderful-fight-inglewood-ca.3836/

Details on the tournament;

Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 12:30pm

$10 at the door

Sodas and Snacks will be available at the venue for purchase.

Information on location will be sent to players that register online for the tournament. You can register for the tournament here;http://thesocaldoa.com/tournaments.html

Enter name, email, the name of the tournament event, and your gamertag/handle (into the message) to register.

Tournament standard;

- Xbox 360 (This is a BYOC event aka Bring Your Own Controller)
- 3/5 Rounds
- Best 2 of 3 matches-
- Double Elimination
- Normal Life Setting
- 60 Seconds Time Limit
- Dangerzones are on
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock (Winner must keep the same character, loser may switch characters)
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.

After sorting through a bunch of trashy ryona (or whatever it's called) vids, I finally found some direct feed gameplay of Marie Rose.

It's basic stuff, but some nice insights. Looks like Zack Beam does more damage too.

A few things...
MRs hold has guaranteed follow ups, one of them looks a lot like Rachel's 1pP.
Roll stance seems to have slam properties.
Evasive cartwheel, similar to Kasumi,s 9P. (Can't wait to see the spam).
A rather nice kick string that leaves opponents in SDS.
Range seems short, kinda similar to Kokoro's range maybe, or Hitomi's.
A taunt that leads to a back roll. Wonder if it's cancel able.

Anything else?

I was not expecting to see this here at all. I feel a bit honored knowing some people acknowledge the hardships from others who still try their best to do what they can. I was just stopping by to post a reminder about SCD's tournament this week. This caught me off guard.
You are Welcome =)

I would join the local offline scene but I'm rarely in LA, my aunt lives in Marina Del Ray and I go there to visit her, and go to the anime conventions. The sad thing is I'd have to time my schedule just right... =PP

It's not that I think going to an offline tournament helps grow the community, but it strengthens it because people see what players they could aspire to become.. ^__^\\

I would join the local offline scene but I'm rarely in LA, my aunt lives in Marina Del Ray and I go there to visit her, and go to the anime conventions. The sad thing is I'd have to time my schedule just right... =PP

It's not that I think going to an offline tournament helps grow the community, but it strengthens it because people see what players they could aspire to become.. ^__^\\

Going to offline tournaments does help the community grow, along with strengthening it. It's better than not going at all and only playing online. I want SC & DOA players to realize that not coming out to casuals and tournaments is what's hurting the communities in these games, and not really anything else. Both these games would get shat on a lot less if they had a lot more people coming out to events to play it.

I'm thinking of picking up another character, i can't decide between Mila, Tina, or Lisa ?

Mila: Statistically the best of the three. Blends striker + grappler tactics. My old main.
Tina: Grappler. Solid strikes. Air throws. Giant tits.
Lisa: Needs more rep. Striker w/ superpowered grapple (Deja Vu).

If you main Christie... maybe Mila. She has her SS~6T and 66T takedowns for pressure, and does a lot of damage off of her strikes. It'd be easier to just try them all.

Mila: Statistically the best of the three. Blends striker + grappler tactics. My old main.
Tina: Grappler. Solid strikes. Air throws. Giant tits.
Lisa: Needs more rep. Striker w/ superpowered grapple (Deja Vu).

If you main Christie... maybe Mila. She has her SS~6T and 66T takedowns for pressure, and does a lot of damage off of her strikes. It'd be easier to just try them all.
I tried them all, i've narrowed it down to mila or lisa

Back