[Dec 8, 2012] SuperVSBattle 2012 (London, United Kingdom)

Age_of_Truth

[12] Conqueror
SuperVsBattle returns this December. For those that don't know, SuperVSBattle is the biggest major Fighting Games tournament in the UK. It has been run for a number of years and regularly attracts some of the world's best players for the biggest fighting games, including Daigo for SFIV and Pantocrator for Soulcalibur.

The website can be found HERE -

The organisers have hired a new venue in Kensington which looks absolutely amazing. You can see pictures on the above website.

This year, SCV is NOT part of the main lineup. However we will be running a side-event for SCV. If you are interested in attending SVB this year and playing SCV, please post here so I can gauge interest. It would be especially useful to see how many international players would consider coming to this. I imagine if there is serious interest, the game may become one of the headline games for the event.

Therefore if you are interesting in coming, it would be really beneficial if you post your thoughts sooner rather than later.

Thank you

Hyrul

Featured games:

1: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
2: FIFA 13 (???)
3: Marvel VS Capcom 3
4: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
5: Dead or Alive 5
6: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver ‘12
7: King of Fighters XIII

Really? Oh, hey, lets ditch SC5 and put FIFA in instead - profit!

Really? Oh, hey, lets ditch SC5 and put FIFA in instead - profit!
True, but ultimately it is the organisers who are putting up all the money, hiring all the equipment, hiring an awesome venue and generally risking a great deal to bring an event to a mostly unappreciative audience. So to be honest I really think they can do whatever they want.

I am bitterly disappointed that SCV didn't make it into the lineup only 6 months after release, but the fact is, turnout for SCV has been low around the world. Even MLG got disappointing numbers, where everything was pre-organised with guaranteed prize pots. So this thread is here to see whether there is any interest, international interest especially, in coming to this. If no-one responds then tbh they were right to drop it.

I posted it on gercalibur as well.

I would love to go, but I probably won't be able because it's in the middle of my lecture time.
If somethings happens and I am able to go, I'll let you know in time.

So to be honest I really think they can do whatever they want.
I dont know how it is in the UK FGC, but in the Norwegian FGC there was actual politics that put SC5 to death. The problem is that the organisers mains Tekken and Street Fighter - games. They put in the money for prizes, venues and make sure they win everything. But with SC5, none of them had the time to invest in it to the point where they'd end up with all the prizes.

New members took the prizes with them, and was accused of not contributing - me being among them, labeling me a greedy swine. Then they made sure no SC5 mainer was allowed in the organizing team. This summer they'd have their largest offline tourney, Insert Coin 3. The SC5 part of the community had MM and grudge matches alongside having the sweden SC community coming to Norway for team tourneys.

All of a sudden, SC5 had the most hype and the most participants.

They could'nt have that and cancelled the entire tournement in respons. Now SC5 i dead in Norway. But enough of my ranting, good luck with the side tourney:)

Yeah I do think if a lot of people say they would come and enter SCV, there's a chance we can convince the organisers to put it in the main lineup.

I think I have those days off work so I should be able to go. Are we allowed to enter multiple games? I'm fairly good at Fifa and if I play Tekken everyday for the next 2 months, I could probably do something on it. Yes on SC, if I'm available, I'm always good to play that game.

I think I have those days off work so I should be able to go. Are we allowed to enter multiple games? I'm fairly good at Fifa and if I play Tekken everyday for the next 2 months, I could probably do something on it. Yes on SC, if I'm available, I'm always good to play that game.
Yes you can enter multiple tournaments and although it puts pressure on the organisers, they are generally reasonable about letting you play multiple matches on different events, even though it sometimes means slowing the event down, so long as the players are reasonable themselves. The scheduling will have all games played at different times, though in practice that rarely works and things will overrun. But in theory you should be able to enter every game there if you wanted to.

I dont know how it is in the UK FGC, but in the Norwegian FGC there was actual politics that put SC5 to death.
There is a similar problem in the UK but nowhere near the same extreme. Players tend to criticise games they don't play, especially if their scene is relatively small compared to SF or Tekken. SCV isn't hugely popular in the UK though that did improve for a while this year. The Neo Empire organisers are not interested in Soulcalibur and their influence does carry through the community, but they wouldn't go so far as to sabotage a thriving scene. Neo Empire is the focal point for the FGC in the UK, so if it doesn't appear popular on there, it might as well be unpopular.

Anyway, if there's sufficient interest, we will definitely put on a side tournament at SVB. Chances are this will happen as many SC players will be at SVB to compete in other games. If there is any interest from the international community, this might give SCV a shot at being a main game, though I hope some players would consider coming for the side tournament anyway, especially those who are travelling to the UK to play one of the SVB headline games.

I posted it on gercalibur as well.
Thanks, I logged in earlier to do it but got sidetracked.

Count me in
I would hate to not see SC5 at SVB, the game only came out this year for pete's sake

Any idea what day you'll want to hold it? I know some of you will also want to enter DOA5 and TTT2 but not necessarily both. I'm coordinating with the VF5 lot to see if something can be set up for that as well. It's a shame the two main 3D fighters are on two different days.

We're aren't doing it since there's basically no interest. If someone let's us use their consoles I guess we could, but I'm not bringing mine.

Ok this year's SVB will be held at Joel's House. Invitations will be sent out to qualifying players. Due to a highly complicated ranking system, only two players have qualified for this year's SVB (me and Joel). If sufficient invitees accept the challenge, there may be a two-leg format, like the Coppa Italia. The second leg may or may not be played "away from home" (at my house). May the best man win (should more than one show up).

In other news, we're doing a standard HMV tournament next week, which I will announce at some point.

Actually the final was Me Vs. Talon at SVB :-)

Oh and some great news, the organiser of SVB said SCV will definitely be at the next one which should be in the Summer.

Back