Defend against Mitsurugi low/mid combo (2KB, 2K BE)

Vanvid

[08] Mercenary
Hi,

In general I have a problem defending against lows, but some of them I can see are reactable so I guess that's just my lack of skill.

But what about Mitsus 2KB and 2K BE attacks? They seem unreactable to me (correct me if I'm wrong), and also it's a low/mid combo, which is almost impossible for me to defend against.

My problem is that it seems Mitsus can almost spam these attacks against me, and I'm unsure how to handle it, so I end up taking a lot of damage from this.

Only thing I found that seems to work a little, is to try and keep him away from my face, since they have very short reach.

I usually play Ivy, but also a little of Leixia and Tira, if you wonder.

What is a good tactic for preventing the Mitsu player from gaining too much advantage from these annoying moves?

(not sure if this should go in Mitsu SA forum, but posted it here since it's more _against_ him, than about playing him)

-Vanvid-

stay out of range, if you expect it you can QS your left if i recll correctly but most of all:
If you happen to block it punish it properly...
being hugely unsafe you can probably pull out your slowest and most damaging combo to discourage mitsu using the move lightly.

Obviously if you happen to block it on prediction, you absolutely have to learn to block on reaction the second hit, its not that hard.

Another option could be using tech jump moves when you are in range.

go into training and record the AI mitsu to do 2KB several times in row and just practice on blocking both hits. this works for any move from any character that you have issues blocking, QS'ing, GI'ing, or JG'ing.

The problem is this is a low that you cannot react to because it's too fast to react to the human eye, whenever you block this move it's always through guessing and anticipation but never on reaction. Hence this make's his 2KB an "invisible low" there really isn't a good way to go about this move..if someone is spamming it gotta read their behaviors, also 2kB itself is unsafe on hit so make sure you just don't stand and block after you get hit with this move...BE version however causes a knockdown so this is the one to watch out for.

Yes exactly. I have tried recording the move (along with many other lows that I find hard to block), and there's no way I can react to that. Even when I know its coming.

So I guess pushing him back, and trying to stay out of reach is the only option, if you want to avoid trying to predict when one is coming.

Thanks.

But what about Mitsus 2KB and 2K BE attacks? They seem unreactable to me (correct me if I'm wrong), and also it's a low/mid combo, which is almost impossible for me to defend against.

-Vanvid-

2K B (without BE) is unsafe even on hit, so you will want to find out what you can punish him with. Go into training mode to find out.

With Leixia you can do 6KK. With Tira it's harder because he can cancel into MST afterwards, making your main punishers whiff. If you know he will go into stance you can use GS 3B for a very big punish. I don't play Ivy, but maybe 1B BE would work? This would be an excellent punish if it does.

For the BE you will need to guess and block low. If you do succeed in blocking either the normal or BE version, you can punish heavily, because it is very unsafe on block.

Mitsu's 2KB is -16 ON HIT, just look for your best i16 punisher and do the most damaging combo you can from that said move.

Ex: Ezio: BB BE (with potential 2k followup) : 75 damage, Mitsurugi: 236B : 42 (with clean hit chance), or CE into 1B or 33BB if near wall; Algol: 4BA into whatever combo of your choice: 55+ Damage.

Just experiment with your characters. Also blocking it makes it even more unsafe (launcher possible by full cast)

Yes that 2KB is unsafe as hell on hit...welcome it. You play Ivy so do him just like everyone else does you when you hit them with 214B.

Yes that 2KB is unsafe as hell on hit...welcome it. You play Ivy so do him just like everyone else does you when you hit them with 214B.

What? Are you saying that my 214B isn't perfect? :)

Ok thank you very much for input. I May not have realized that some attacks are so unsafe. Yes I just stood there blocking All the time... :(

Its all about how you set up your defense and keep out game. Alpha and Cervy's lows are more dangerous to me because they don't bend down as much as Mitsu and have better tech trap options off of their moves. Having a philosophy for dealing with lows is important.

2KB
1) VERY SHORT initial range .Once you see a Mitsu advancing into mix up range your major option is 2A (+8 on hit usually -4/6 on block). It destroys the BE via interrupt

2) Very punishable: Don't just know the punishment for the end.Know the Punishment you can use to interrupt the transition between K and B or reach him when he enters MIST. Alot of them will stop at 2K. For Characters like Alpha or Cervy they kill this transition with JF Twister and iGDR respectively. Most character have a solution. For Leixa is 6KK for Pyrrha its 236B.

3) When he has BE available bait him because you know its coming hence tech jumps are your friend.

4) Don't be afraid to go into 8 way run which is his greats weakness.

Once you punish hard you literally eliminate 50 % of the 50/50 mix up lol! So he is forced to become a frame trap whore which is still deadly but MUCH less effective.

Back