Devolved

Purist, Craftsman, or moderate?

• Total voters
I knew this redefinition argument would come in. Let me restate that a Purist wants to keep the game as it was released. Nowhere did I say stick with tradition. It's like Republicans and Democrats each having different definitions of victory and defeat.

Sigh. Sirlin is NOT a hard purist.

I hate it when purists misquote him. That was like Stalin misquoting Karl Marx. or G-Dub misquoting Milton Friedman.

And I love it when people who don't even know the guy try and push their perception of his agenda forward.

If it even matters, he thinks the ban on Algol isn't warranted. Not sure what is view on Vader / Yoda is but I'm willing to bet all my rupees that he is in favor of allowing them due to everyone having access to them (even if it is a $5 DLC character). I'll be sure to ask him about it soon.

Back on topic... I consider myself a purist who is very open to change. For instance I'm cool with button binds / custom sticks / new better and more efficient websites. However when it comes to banning I am strongly in favor of hard proof they need to be banned, not whining from a mass of people who can barely put one foot in front of the other. Evidence is everything, baseless theorytalk can only go so far. If a character truly is overpowered to the point of degenerating the game to ... say Algol vs Algol, then we still see that evidence not only in top players character picks but also tournament results.

I think the difference is that for people like Ceirnian, adding options (button binds etc) is good, while taking away options (being able to pick certian characters) is bad. I would certainly agree with that.

Back