Difficult JF moves.....

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Hello, many of you know me as NamuSkull. Today, I'm going to talk about difficult JF moves.

I'm not talking about the imcf or ear slicer just so you know.

I'm talking about: Just frame stone backhands, stone fist, and spinning low kick.

I was in training against the edge master Yoshi just to warm myself up for online.

All of a sudden, the edge master Yoshi pulls off a just framed stone fist.

I was astounded by this and tried to do it too, but I failed and ended up feeling like a noob.

To get over my failed attempts, I went on my trusty website "8wayrun.com^^" to do research on just framed stone fist.

As I did my research, I started to smile from ear to ear; Because I also found out that there's also just framed stone backhand and spinning low kicks.

The only reason I'm bringing this up, is because it looks so awesome.

Thus, I would love to learn them being the Yoshi fan boy I am.

So here's the question:

Is there anyone that has knowledge on these moves and can you please share them?

I really would appreciate it.

:sc1yos1:NamuSkull:sc1yos1:

P.S. If you don't like a wall of text, just read the words in red.

Hello NamuSkull, I am badass the 99

i am not exactly sure how u can pull off the jfs, but i think u just have to time each A or K exactly when its about to come out, if that makes since....

-badass the 99

Oh ok.
So I have to practice this JF myself.
This is gonna be tough, but at least I know its not about fast inputs.
Thanks dude.

yeah....no prob...but i would still wait till some experts get here tho...i only use yoshi casually

Yoshi's JF's are quite bothersome

All of the are just literally muscle memory, beside Ear Slicer and iMCF

on the backhands and spinning lows, They require the same speed and all in one perfect execution, the main problem is really the end, if you could land all the JF's but no recovery than the attack is nearly a failure, Like doing a BB, that would be unsafe onblock quite useless. But if you can get the recovery, you get some nice health, advantage on block, stun on counter hit.

The 4A the high backhand is the fastest JF out of the three so you need a quick steady tempo throughout the whole thing, while 1A and FC 1K are slower.

How I manage to pratice is go on training, and choose the cage stage place the dummy in the corner and make him/her go to down position, then just start practicing like this. I do not recommend doing if the dummy is standing taking all the hits because if you play online such like I do, you're going to base all the JF timing on when the backhands hit the enemy, so just rather learn by muscle memory.

~Practice practice practice

Not really related, see how I got MCF/iMCF down was from SC3, I did a single B while holding onto 2 then after the B just slide my thumb a to B like swiping a card, I did this buffer trick like countlessly for about 2months while playing online, getting the speed down than later on oddly finding myself just sitting their pulling it out off my @ss anytime I want, just 2a:B all day no with no buffer, and I did like 10 in a row.

So yeah just practice all day.

i have been practicing this, mostly the high spins. i find that i can pull it off with the aid of musical rhythm, i see it as tapping to a beat which is easier than visual cues. i wish i could pull it off more because its really a nasty attack. finish the jf series and u can doorknock while they fall and of course thers the air juggles

i hope this makes sense

^Thank you IcyBlueCrysis and LemonySnicket.
Now I really need to master these awesome JFs.
Thanks again.

If you got it down, try in training non CH 3B 4A:A:A:A:A:A (Recovery), after you can repeat the 4A's or try aB+K then 6A+BBBB if they're close to a wall/edge.

On CH 4A:A:A:A:A:A (Recovery) you can land a iMCF as well for the 1A:A:A:A:A series.

Also if you didn't know this I believe that you can after a non CH 3B 4A:A:A:A:A:A (Recovery) you can 44bB into nonACableness.

I've actually got all his JFs down beside the 4A's, I can pull off the others mostly 80% online.
Hardest JF combo I've done online, is probably CH DGF A > DGF B > 3B (Wallsplat) > 2A+BB > 6A+BBBB > 1A:A:A:A:A (Recover) > iMCF (2a:B) > 22B > 3AB (Wallsplat) > 6A+BBBB > 3B.

They're also other variations if the 2nd hit didn't wallsplat.

None of the three spinning JF series are guaranteed on hit. Only the first three attacks are guaranteed. All five are ONLY guaranteed on CH.

For competitive play, the 4A JF is clearly the most valuable one. It's the safest on block, the safest on hit, and yields the greatest reward in juggles. The 1A and FC 1K JFs are, imho, trash. There is no practical reason to ever use them. Note the word "practical" here.

Unfortunately, no one has ever been able to consistently 4A JF in competitive or casual play. The issue in question is the last hit. Some people say the recovery is random (sometimes you fall down, sometimes you don't). While there is no hard data on the actual workings of the JFs, more than enough "pros" have tried to integrate the 4A JF into their game to prove that using it is dangerous and results in lost opportunities for ROs, etc.

imo, I don't think it's worth it, because 44bB in juggles can carry an opponent a great distance already. I've already seen Lolo try and work it into competitive play, and I think it's just too finicky.

If there was some way to get it 100% without falling down on the last hit, it would become Yoshi's strongest non-CH 3B option. Unfortunately, no one has found a method to doing it consistently.

i was under the impression that you are garunteed a recovery if you jf each hit and make sure press A exactly 5 times, not 4 not 6, but 5

shout out if im wrong

I can't really confirm it or dispute it. I know Lolo put all kinds of time into the 4A JF in hopes of using it competitively, but he couldn't get it going consistently enough at Nats to use it. If there was some easy trick to doing it consistently, I think he would've had it on display there. Just my thoughts.

@ IcyBlueCrysis. I can picture that insane wall combo. Props to you.

@ LemonySnicket and Badass99. Thanks for the cool responses.

@ HajimeOwari. Thanks for the full details. Now I know that 4A JF is the best choice.

I'm gonna take the challenge and try to learn 4A JF. It looks just as awesome as imcf and ear slicer.

:sc1yos1:Thanks again guys:sc1yos1:

aight, this is my opinion on the 4a jf inputs. If you play on controller, and this is what I did to practice it, but I don't use it cause like Owari said, 44Bb is all you need to practice, try this. Do the command 4A, when pressing your A, slide your finger down to hit block(X), then press A again and continue the slide method. While doing this, count in your head everytime you press the A button. 1 2 3 4 5. At 4 in your head, you have to let go of holding back(4). I play with my finger tips and not my thumbs for the attacks. Try it. I almost want to say that if I had continued to work on that, then I would feel comfortable using it. But by then I saw Lolo's 44Bb and I said screw the jf. That's an infinite and in Marvel vs Capcom world, That's a WIN WIN situation!

Back