Do people still play SC4?

Thane

[09] Warrior
I was just wondering about this. Is there still a decent community online or is it dead?

If everyone has moved onto SC5 I'll give it another chance.

Lights incense stick, sits and kneels opposite the mirror... and proceeds to shuffle the Tarot..... chanting: "Sha me-en-den. Gesh-toog me-en-den. Zee me-en-den. Oo-khush-ta me-ool-lee-a ba-ab-tum-mu-de-en."

Meanwhile back at the ranch- MIZIEYA's reflection, starts rolling the I Ching...

I do occasionally on xbox live just to play with my created characters and the old cast online. There are people online during the day starting at 10:00 am to the evening hours (USA & Canada central time) though you won't find as many players as you would on SC 5; Good enough to find a lobby open though in my experience.

A lot of the players that still play it are good and some troll quite a bit if you happen to meet a not so friendly player but every game has those players though I suppose. I'll check right now since I can't sleep and later on as well just to give you a most recent status on SC4 since I haven't play it in a month or two since I got SC5. I think community should still be there though.

@mizieya have no clue wtf you are even attempting to get at.

@King I figured Sc4 would be pretty dead, just wanted an idea of what it's like now. I played the shit out of it for almost 2 years and never had a problem finding a match. Also, I don't mind getting trolled/losing. I've go thick skin, that kind of stuff doesn't get to me.

No Sophitia in SC5 really bums me out tho. Oh well.

I feel your pain about playing it for a while. I played it since 2009 (Christmas present) on and off and really enjoyed the fighting on it when I could get in some matches. I kind of stopped playing it last year when there were literally no players online due to SC5 release and the fact that my copy got scratched up badly. I kind of jumped on the bandwagon of hating SC 5 due to the fact that the characters were replaced and I felt odd how the game-played differed a bit from watching videos at the time.

Though after playing it and learning it after I got a copy of SC5, I really liked SC5 better even if the original characters aren't there. It's not to say the new cast is better but they grew on me the more I played SC5 and the game is more balanced to which is always a plus in my book; Also more friendly to controller players like me. Sophitia is in SC5 (indirectly) but she's a mimic character =o.

I just checked into SC 4 and played one ranked (though don't try your luck there if you are looking for matches). I went to player lobby and found 2 lobbies. I guess some people are on right now which is surprising to me since I didn't expect to people to play this game so late. If you want a match, you can play me on xbox (if you have xbox live) if you like though I'm a tad rusty with SC4 but my memory should kick in. I assume PSN would have a similar amount of players on their online of SC4.

I was just wondering about this. Is there still a decent community online or is it dead?

If everyone has moved onto SC5 I'll give it another chance.

My personal opinion. Sophitia must be loved to get one last hurrah. Elysium is a female mimic that looks like Sophitia, while Pyrrha Omega is Sophitia 2.0 imho. If you love Sophitia try out Pyrrha Omega. Pyrrha playstyle is also like Sophitia.

SCIV still has a place in my heart, but I don't miss the mediocre netcode it has. Not to mention, I've gotten used to SCV a lot more.

I do play Broken Destiny, it is fun I won't lie, but I stick to Soul Calibur V because is the newest.

I'll just give Sc5 another chance.

I was just asking to see if there were people who simply out right rejected it and stayed with SC4. Oh well maybe SC6 will bring back zasalamel,(why get rid of an entire weapon type smh...) sophitita (pyrha not the same imo, much weaker) Talim (so bizarre, she would have been a women by now) ect ect ect.... I could go on.

OH well, it is what it is.

I only met one person online who rejected SC5 completely who used to be my somewhat rival when we be both be online at the time ; I remember him saying in his bio (along these lines) "SC5 is a glass of disappointment, stick with SC4".

I played yesterday in the afternoon (Xbox) for about a one hour and a half on SC-IV, and it had a pretty good number of people playing on player matches. There's enough people still online to dive in back into this game in my opinion if you want to play SCIV -best during peak hours of course.

I tried once because I wanted to play a bit with Rock and Zasalamel.

I raged five minutes into the game because of the ridiculous lag and the low spammers. I had forgotten how awful it was.

Actually, I started playing it again a few days ago. I was creating characters (I so missed things like the Night Butterfly set and the Belle set) and was playing through arcade with a few characters. It was pretty fun. I occasionally play it every now and then for the more moves in the command list. It was so awkward using Taki and Xianghua again when I have Leixia and Natsu's cut down movesets stuck in my head. xD

I don't like to play old games when you have the latest one, but the legacy me and my brothers had in that game, we play it sometimes.

Back