Do the fans still care about 'em? Episode #4 Seong Mi-na

Can Seong Mi-na Continue?

• Total voters
I love Mi-Na, but she's kinda forgotten about in terms of hierarchy for SC characters. She came before Kilik, who would pretty much steal the show unintentionally, and was pretty much in the background. She's like the Julia Chang of her series, she's there, but give her something to do, she got a raw deal for nothing.

Of course! I started with her back in the heyday of my youth decades ago when I discovered a little game at the arcades called "Soul Edge". Her name was spelled "Seung Mina" instead of how its spelled out in English today as "Seong Mi-Na" not that it matters as the phoenetics are all the same. (In Korean 성미나). Then again I guess I'm impartial because we share the same heritage as far as her character background goes.

CPsDzmf.jpg

Another eh character for me. I always liked Kilik better out of the two in SC2. I like Xiba more than her too.

But she did have some of the best designs in the games.

I love Mi-Na, but she's kinda forgotten about in terms of hierarchy for SC characters. She came before Kilik, who would pretty much steal the show unintentionally, and was pretty much in the background. She's like the Julia Chang of her series, she's there, but give her something to do, she got a raw deal for nothing.

lol I thought they always look alike. Like she is julia's ancestor.

but yeah I think if hilde can be 35 and there Namco Bandai should stop being sexist and let 40s in.

She should be a mentor or rival to Xiba.

In SC4 when she would scream she sounded like my cat Lunar when she wants food... xDD

Aside from that, Seong Mina is awesome, but she's not too unique, the up-beat, busty girl with dark hair and a Pony tail. Characters like Ivy and Nightmare are much more notable.. IMO.. I still like Seong Mina and want her back. Talim being my fav over here.

I really hated Mi-Na in SoulBlade. Admittedly for petty reasons, but I was a kid at the time.

To make a long story short, I started liking Mi-Na more and more at I noticed that she was developing as a character. She's still playful and overconfident, but she's become more well rounded since she started babysitting Yun-Seong.

And that's an important bit, I think. Yun-seong is basically SB's Mi-Na with her worst qualities exaggerated. And with that, we are able to see how much Mi-Na has grown with the parallel of Yun-Seong representing who she used to be.

That being said, I don't think that Mi-Na has become her own person yet. It's her connections to other characters like Kilik, Hwang or Yun that make her stand put more, and without that, she's not much of anything.

Don't get me wrong. I like Mi-Na now. But she's kinda codependent. I think that if Mi-Na came back, she would most likely be a tutor to Xiba, whom, outside of wielding a polearm, bears more than a passing resemblance to Yun.

Also, on a really dumb, personal level; I really want Mi-Na's weapon to be correctly labeled for once. It's a "naginata" for fuck's sake!

Mina's moveset became a deadend because she really didnt' have anything unique (that I could think of short of insane guard damage) because its pretty much encroaches on xiba and hilde, plus a few more silly signature "mina unnecessary flips". She had the highest damage single hit (think it was more than yoshi suicide) until nightmare's clean hit CE.

I welcome a new bladed polearm though, as I feel the series is lacking in that weapon type. Might end up as an easier-to-play keepaway than hilde, but it seems like all the new characters since the ps3 generation include a lot of 2d frame advantage, whether it be with release charge, wolves, orb or bubbles.

She is my fav girl in the series(after cassandra) so of course I care! To bad PS don't seem to care about her and her fan base is not too high either. PS said that they don't want similar styles in the game, but in SC4 Mi-na was very different than Kilik, and now that we got Xiba istead of him, we can have two very different styles of the similar weapon. So there's no excuse for no put her in the game. If the age is a problem, they can think of something to make her not aged or maybe, just maybe a worthy succesor of her with similar personality.

lol I thought they always look alike. Like she is julia's ancestor.

but yeah I think if hilde can be 35 and there Namco Bandai should stop being sexist and let 40s in.

She should be a mentor or rival to Xiba.
I see being a mix of both. She can teach about maturity, while at the same time think about getting her first win over him. She has to win somehow.

Voted the middle one
I like her and i will find her more legit than most of SCV new entry (basically everyone except basic Pat)

My reason to don't click on the first option is just that before her there are just so many char i will like see come back: Hwang, Zasa, Rock, Talim, Taki
I just find every of these a bigger loss that SC cast suffered, but again, i like Mina and i will be happy to see it back

I always used Kilik more than Mina but heck yeah I miss her. I liked her more positive yet mature character type as far as females went. She counteracted Xianghua's over hyperness in the earlier games lol.

It'd be cool to see her come back but I agree with another user, give her something to do. And that video was awesome. It sucks that a lot of mature women in fighting games get thrown away like garbage once they hit 30 or magically/cryogenically stay the same age (Ivy, Nina/Anna -Tekken-).

Last edited:
Too old my @$$.

If Cervantes, Voldo and Mitsu are still around then why not 40-year old Mina?

I'm pretty sure that being heavily involved in a battle of Powerful Soul Swords will do wonders to a girl's youth if that's what PS is worried about. They did that with Ivy and apparently Taki, why not Mina?

I never liked her. She was just so irrelevant storywise. She doesn't even have any reason to do anything with herself but just nag yun-sung and cockblock him from talim. I mean seriously... she has no use but just stopping Yun-seung from achieving anything. (SC4.. SC3...SC2...) and her super preppy dub voice just annoys me... no personality besides the generic "I will never lose" constantly. They need to expand on her a lot more as an individual character first if they want my vote. Her cheeky underboob shots was the only thing she had going... but I like her more than Xiba...

Last edited:
Back