Doom Combo = Infinite Category?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with IvyFanboy, because really dealing with the Doom combo wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have so many other solid tools to back them up, like A Charges that lead to the doom combo and are totally safe, great up close pokes, good quick lows (only because you are trying not to get hit by Fing A or B charges), etc.. Hilde is broke if they won't fix her with software the community should fix her with rules.

After watching that video, i have no idea how anyone can think doom combo is legit. I'm aware that it's just a training dummy, but god damn.
I've heard people complain about yoshi being able to pop up off the ground, but her doing it, twice in a row. This can easily be nerfed by just negating the second pop up.

Why do people act like the Doom Combo is literally an instant kill? Pay attention to your spacing and surroundings. Don't just careless throw out moves when you're within RO range. It's certainly annoying to deal with but it's only "an instant kill" on a couple stages really(i.e. seesaw stage).

Don't throw out moves when your withing ring out range? It's hard not to throw out moves withing ring out range. She has a huge range for ringing people out, the only thing that can probably help is if you put her back towards the edge. I don't know if she has good back ring outs as I have not really seen them in action. Best bet though is to just keep stepping at a distance that doesnt allow her A attacks to hit. The thing that is irritating about her combo is once your in it your screwed. There is no way out once your hit, that is what angers people its the sheer fact that once your hit your going to either be rung out or get sent next to the edge then rung out

The combo is dstupid yes hilde is op with that combo but its the players fault not hilde player choose to play a char how they want use the combos they beleie will hit so anyone useing the doom combo there useing it just to be cheap and they know it gives them easy victories. simple as that

I hate that everyone is so quick to call someone whinning or complaining when they disagree with something that others may not disagree with. It's seems to me like this is a debate - but to others it's whinning ps: (cut that shit out)

Ive never been a victim to this combo, nor have I seen this combo before - can someone direct me to the combo video.

It's only a debate the first 2 or 3 times.
When you have AS FUCKING MANY THREADS ABOUT IT AS A MICROFIBRE WHALE BLANKET IT IS NO LONGER A DEBATE BUT JUST WHINE.

Grow up.
I'm just waiting for OU to come in and lock this thread, because, hey gues what DEBATE WAS FUCKING CLOSED TILL AFTER EVO/NATS!

Sop making these stupid threads till AFTER evo/nats.

Being a Hilde player that uses this regularly and hates when it's used on me, it shouldn't be banned because it's not ridiculous and can be avoided. You just have to one up the Hilde you're playing, sidestep, avoid the edge and all's well.

It's only a debate the first 2 or 3 times.
When you have AS FUCKING MANY THREADS ABOUT IT AS A MICROFIBRE WHALE BLANKET IT IS NO LONGER A DEBATE BUT JUST WHINE.

Grow up.
I'm just waiting for OU to come in and lock this thread, because, hey gues what DEBATE WAS FUCKING CLOSED TILL AFTER EVO/NATS!

Sop making these stupid threads till AFTER evo/nats.

Wow someones angry - lol

You make it seem like I know and care how much threads talk about Hilde's Doom Combo.

(thanx for the video) I do remember ppl online trying to do that combo on me. which failed - I think. based on the video it doesn't look cheap.

Then again I always pick a hard to ring out stage

"Damn straight" yet the PROBLEM still isnt solved.
If it's even debatable then it is obviously a problem, if there are that many people against it, then it's a problem.
Do we need to sign a god damn petition against it?
No other character has it, it isnt fair. Bottom line.
Bring out kiliks FotD - It's breakable, duckable, reactionable.

"Using doom combo is not skill. Avoiding doom combo is skill." - I find that ironic that you're backing it and have that in your sig.

No M:tg combo decks? OUTRAGEOUS

Word. And Psychatog will return in all its glory.

Anyways, I'm with those who mentioned waiting until after EVO for Namco to notice SCIV has a Doom Train to stop. That, and maybe a couple of new moves to add to Hilde's short move library. But that's just me wishing for too much.

low level players don't find it cheap because A. they play crap players B. they just simply never play hilde (in part cuz of playing crappy players where doom combo is too hard for them -.-) C. They just..simply.. DON'T KNOW DA POAAAWWWAAAA...

mid lvl players Call the combo cheap and unfair and constantly have talk about it needing a nerf of some kind.

higher lvl players find the move maybe cheap at times but keep their mouths closed because A. They know talking about it right now isn't gonna change anything so why bother? B. They like the challenge. C. They understand that the MATCH starts before you even pick your character. Picking your character and counterpicking is part of "Strategy." Thats why tourneys always allow a character change only for the person that just lost a match so that the next match they have the option to try and counter-pick.

highest lvl players learn to play hilde and learn to play AGAINST hilde. If worst comes to worst they are ready to "cheapo" match with the same character that is supposedly "god" tier if thier "anti-hilde" defense feels too weak using their "main."

ohh.. also.. top players bitch AFTER they lose.. not before ;P lol....

that being said, playing hilde teachs you better spacing and stepping in a game that doesn't rely on spacing as much as it sometimes feels it SHOULD and CAN. Play a player that steps well and its a lot harder than someone that simply ducks and plays as you'd "expect" them to.

That all being said, this all HAS been talked about plenty of time. I don't find it necessary to get all righteous about it Runis but I understand the slight annoyance either way. Although at least Ivyboy or whatever was TRYING to say his annoyance without just jumping on the ban-wagon. But seriously.. EVERYONE should lean to play hilde. And a GOOD hilde..while heavily reliant on ringouts and her doom combo variations... isn't JUST her doom combos...

but yes.. everyone needs to chillaxify dem-selves

Thoroughly entertained by Runis's nerd angst. lawl.

Once again...I'm aimin to seek a fair solution. This isn't a thread to say Hilde should be banned or even arguing if the combo is cheap. Hilde shouldn't be banned and YES the combo is overpowered. There's no discussion on that, it's kind of generally accepted by all (these counter points I'm seeing are filled with illogic and flaws).

Now the combo teeters on banworthy to many and there is a debate to be had, but taking the combo away has so many issues that would overly nerf hilde and debating where to draw the line is hard. So I just want discussion on seeking a solution. So stop and pull the panties out of your colon and maybe add to that discussion.

Pissing matches over skill/vs no skill and debating tactics is not helpful really. What's important is seeing if we can just balance it. It's not always broke, but on a stage like seesaw the move is just absurdly abusable. Not too mention...lag+DC is something that shits on all this "stepping theory".

So yeah tone down the nerd rage and realize i'm trying to be sensitive and not be another "i hate hilde" clone thread. I've stated this like how many times and how people still fail to grasp it is beyond me. Try throwing out ideas or pointing out why stated ideas wouldn't be fair to hilde. The debate has a place for both anti-hilde and pro-hilde. (I need to give logic debate classes to 98% of the interweb it always seems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back