Electronic music appreciation!

CaptainHook

[10] Knight
Hello everyone! This thread is dedicated to techno lovers! Share your favorite techno with the whole group, and who knows maybe this will give some of us a chance to be exposed to different stuff.

I'm ready for someone to post something I haven't heard of that will blow my mind! I just recently got into a few techno bands for the first time ever, and I'm hungry for more! I've always been a big heavy metal fan, but I think I'm growing a bit tired of it.

Without further ado..

I'm mot sure if they are techno or electronic, not too clear on the genres, but Televisor is great. They sounds like a better, more catchy, less repetitive Daft Punk.

Well, I like to listen to lots of other genders of music anyway. While on the topic of techno/electronic type music I listen to stuff like Trap,Trance, and Dub step. After listen to that first song "Brain in a Fishtank" I really liked that one. It almost kinda has like morbid/eerie feeling when listing at first but remain enjoyable till the end. I especially like the string instrument near the middle it add to the melody quite nicely.

You should check out Shpongle's other stuff. It's really quite amazing

Edit: they play at the burning man!

Last edited:
You should check out Shpongle's other stuff. It's really quite amazing

Edit: they play at the burning man!

Noted !

I feel like this thread should be electronic music appreciation. I seems pretty limited to just techno I would say. Techno compared to all the other genders are made the same way just different styles.

Edit: If you're open to changing this thread to just an Electronic music appreciation thread It might bring more people post here. Also might show off some off my favorite music artist from all genders of Electronic type music.

Last edited:
What kind of electronic music are you into?

There is a certain few types I listen to but I'm open to anything that is shared here. I mainly listen to Dubstep, Trance, and Trap alright now. I just started to listen to Trap it's like more of a hip-hop based music. It's a different approach but still made the same way with synthesizers and stuff. Yeah, this there any certain type you prefer ?

House, French House, Techno, Jungle, Dancehall, Drum n Bass, Jazzstep, Liquid Funk, Darkstep, Trip Hop, Nu Jazz, Downbeat, Glitch hop...

Just to name a few.

Darkstep, Downbeat & Jazzstep sounds pretty interesting I might have to look into it. Any suggestions ???

Darkstep -

Even though this is from Street Fighter, this is actually a very good darkstep-ish song. If you're still interested, try listening to Dieselboy, Technical Itch or DJ Trace.

Downbeat -

Jazzstep -
Marcus Intalex and ST Files do some pretty good remixes of songs. There's also DJ Pulse, Nu:Tone, London Elektricity, Amorphouse.

EDIT: Almost forgot, check out LTJ Bukem if you like DnB

Last edited:
Darkstep -

Even though this is from Street Fighter, this is actually a very good darkstep-ish song. If you're still interested, try listening to Dieselboy, Technical Itch or DJ Trace.

Downbeat -

Jazzstep -
Marcus Intalex and ST Files do some pretty good remixes of songs. There's also DJ Pulse, Nu:Tone, London Elektricity, Amorphouse.

I like it ! especially London Elektricity & Nu:Tone

It's too bad I don't have time at the moment to listen to everyone's suggestions. I will later.

Damn you guys know all the names like trance, dubstep, house, etc. I don't know what any of these mean lol. All I know is that if I like the sound I like it. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to electronic music.

Back