T9. Keev (France) - Nightmare
T9. Belial (Russia) - Mitsu
T9. Mateo (USA) - Mitsu
T9. Shen Yuan (Singapore) - Siegfried

T13. Tokido (Japan) - Viola
T13. LP (USA) - Viola
T13. Oosaka (Japan) - Maxi
T13. Fuudo (Japan) - Natsu

Shoutouts to Ramon, Genver, Spman, LP and Kayane for the sidebetting action.

Congrats to all the places, and especially to xeph, su, and woahhzz for representing NA in top 8. Good shit.

---

Man, such a hype weekend... so many shoutouts. First of all, it was so fucking cool meeting all the big names and getting the chance to hang out with and play them. Such an honor, and so damn fun.

Gonna make this quick, I'd like to name everybody but there were too many damn ppl lol!:
Banes - dat 22k. Thanks for hosting casuals and accepting the money match. PS: OMFG I've actually talked to you on these boards before about "pyrrha pyrrha pyrrhadise" wtf mind = blown.
Ramon/Dreamkiller/Linkrkc- SPY PARTY!!!
Kayane - Hi.
Hawkeye - you're cool. Hilde is awesome you should main her (lolololol)
Xeph/SU - didn't really get the chance to talk to you guys because when I met you, you guys were pretty out of it... lol. This is "forum-han" if you don't remember lol :p. Congrats on the placement.
MysticBill/Dave/Signia/Typhoon - GG's. Thanks for the tips.

This community is so awesome.

Didn't played any SCV casuals this weekend I believe and I totally regret that (was without internet on my hotel room to check for places to play and Persona 4 killed all my free time friday and saturday), but I have a great time out there with you guys.

Now the shoutouts:
Shoutouts to Sora for everything, and don't give up on SCV man, you are a great player and I'm sure you will be able to find the light on this game.
Shoutouts to Malice, ggs on the tournament man, and sorry if I made a weird face on sunday night when you came talk to me, it was kinda sudden and I was so tired (slept only 3 hours from saturday to sunday) that I took a while to recognize you (and yes, I'm ashamed because of that).
Shoutouts to the Singapore crew, it was nice meeting you guys on the pre-evo party and congrats to Shen Chan for second place.
Shoutouts to Signia, thanks for the games on the pre-evo party.
Shoutouts to Something Unique for getting top 3 using Pyrrha.
Shoutouts to Enkindu, Kayane and Bibulus, it was great to meet you guys again.
Shoutouts to Chet for the advices against Omega on the noddles restaurant and for watching the top 8 with me and letting me share the hype with a fellow SC player.
Shoutouts to my lack of luck on brackets (Hellpockets on my second match in KoF, Malice as my first match on SCV, Lamg -another Brazilian- as my third match on Skullgirls, and that I'm only counting evo and not Tokido and Kid Viper on BB as my second matches on Final Rounds ;-; )
Shoutouts to everyone I met and forgot the name.
And finally, shoutouts to everyone I played on wednesday and this weekend on all games, good games guys.

Shoutouts to Enkindu for awesome crawling, crawling, crawling moments.
Shoutouts to Belial for JGing like a boss and cool Mitsu action.
Shoutouts to Shining Decopon for winning EVO proving patch notes mean nothing, it's the players skill that comes out on top.
Also shoutouts to Project Soul for making SCV a great game. Also overnerf Hilde to make her the worse character in the Soul Series and make her the meaning of the word unviable.

how bout instead we make all characters viable, and none broken

Great idea, but one problem you want broken Hilde to be viable. Is everyone forgetting that Hilde nearly killed the franchise and made SCIV less popular after EVO 09? I don't want SCV to go the same route, Project Soul made a great balanced game and we want the game to get better and evolve overtime. Patch 1.04 is a great start to fixing broken stuff and as bonus please OVERNERF Hilde, please. She should feel Tira's pain in being overnerfed.

hilde is no longer broken, and hilde by definition does not NEED to be broken, she can be balanced, good job on posting the videos on your youtube but seriously you are starting to sound like an immature idiot, remember overnerfing characters also drives players away, please cut your losses and keep these farfetched suggestions out of this thread, or move it to those retarded tier threads

Hilde needs a nerf? Did I miss something?

Shoutouts to aggression completely shitting over passive defensive play. This aint my cup of tea, but I will respect Decopon for having the balls to stand in front of his opponents and mind fuck them.

I already pledged my support to Shen Chan and Decopon before finals day so no need to go over that again. But if anyone wants to pay me to pledge support to them before a huge tournament, PM me.

But seriously shoutouts to S-U, I thought he was amazingly solid throughout the tournament, he looked so confident and composed throughout all matches, his rep took a few hits towards the end of SCIV but it looks like he's back now, good stuff.

So I need some recommendations guys... Right now in the ranking ladder, majors are worth 5000 points. How much do you think EVO should be worth?

Right, so true, but if you don't support the idea of Hilde being overnerfed, then you don't support the broken stuff being fixed.

Seriously get the fuck out of this thread, this isn't the place to complain about characters.

Anyways, I have to say that EVO was probably one of if not the best times I've ever had. I thought that I knew what going to tournaments was like and I am glad that I was wrong. It's not playing in the tournament that is the best part of the trip it's hanging out with everyone afterwards. I have to give shoutouts it's a must!

First off:

Revin: You were the main person I hung out with throughout the weekend and I think you're a pretty chill dude. I got to meet some people through you and I appreciate that. Oh and you shouldn't try and challenge me to an Ezio mirror cause you will whiff a CE and I will kick you in the face for the win.

Banes: Dude you're awesome! Your suite was pretty much the place to be the entire weekend and I will forever consider you to be the rich old retired white guy. I want to thank you for showing me how horrible Ezio vs Pyrrha match is, seriously fuck 22k.

King Salmon: You're a funny guy and I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a chance to play some casuals with you. I really appreciate you lending me your ps1 control for my tourney matches.

KaB: Dude your Natsu is solid and I don't think I would have beaten you regardless of what control I would have had.

Lost Providence: Dude your fucking hilarious. That is all.

Xeph: Kinda bummed I didn't get to play you offline but it's whatever, you're a real funny dude I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit.

Malice: Dude why you ducking me? I was thirsty for some Capri Sun the entire weekend!

Drake Alden: Very solid Pat and I really enjoyed our matches, really wished we could have played more but seeing as there was only like 2 set ups at the time and people wanted to play I didn't want to hog it up. Also you gotta stop eating crossbows to the face, regardless of how hilarious it is to see.

There are a lot of people I'm forgetting or not mentioning but I'm just putting the people that first come to mind and if I actually sit here and think about everyone then my post will be to damn long. I had so much fun and just sitting back and watching some high level play was enlightening.

So I need some recommendations guys... Right now in the ranking ladder, majors are worth 5000 points. How much do you think EVO should be worth?

10,000 sounds fair. I mean it is the biggest FGC tournament on the planet. Not to discount the SCV World Championship which is an arguably more exclusive event.

Back