Ezio Q&A / General Gameplay Discussion

my main tools atm are
aa - fast
6b - 16fr punisher for 80dmg with BE, fast guard break as BE version on block gives BA
2b - to crouch, trying to get the wr a on ch.
bb - 2nd whiffs on max range, but good poke, i16 and BE hitconfirm
3a - horizontal mid
3k - safe r.o. mid
66a - no followups, horizontal mid, good frames on hit
44a - poke
22b - poke
11k - good low, + on hit
66bb - only on whiff punish, good range for it, NOT as poke (2nd b cant(?) be confirmed and is easiliy sidestepped)
44b - great dmg against ppl not standing up, pushback makes it safe(?), just throw it out to keep ppl paying attention
3b - ch "launcher"

moves i don't like:
6abb - 2nd hit whiffs when not very close
4a - slow, high, small + on hit only.
4b - hard to get this on ch for jf.
a+b - too slow
other jumping moves - too slow

ezio is bad at range, and can hold his own on mid range, but in the end close is where you want to be to get the most out of his tools. a lot of his stuff is quite slow, so up close it's hard to use, so i'm sticking to the faster stuff right now which is working out well for me.

66BB was steamrolling people the first day and it still works here and there but i feel people are already seeing it and roll clear to my back rather than standing up. So what i've started doing is replacing that with 44B at times. That tends to track and still catch their roll. I also throw out 22AA to kill left/right ukemis.

One move i cant get any success with is A+B and any follow ups. I always get stuffed in mid air even at distance and its not like the range makes it worth the risk. With the roll follow ups, i always end up with my back turned to them somehow.

3B is NICE. So much damage comes from CH fishing into the ground mixup. My punishers so far and general GTFO moves are 6B and 3K. 3K looks faster with better success but it also whifs more due to range.

As far as quick, step killing (against Natsu for example), i'll only use 6A. Its the only thing that works. Well, at least if i need it to be fast. 66K also looks quick and i believe covers step but i dont use that as much. I'm actually not even sure of the frame data or anything. This is really just trial and error conclusions type of thing.

This is EXACTLY WHY people back out of matches against Ezio. Sure, it's technically "knowing" how to use a character if you use their crossbows to their advantage, but that doesn't mean it's not cheap or no fun to play against.

HOWEVER, This combo has a huge flaw. The drawtime for the crossbow makes the move SO PREDICTABLE, you only need to know how to push the block button to get around it. And as soon as you see someone playing like this, you KNOW that's all they know how to do. I got 3 perfects on someone who played like this last night, and I'm terrible at the game.

Been testing alot with Ezio against all the cast from what im seeing being that his move list is sub par you have to rely on his quick movement speed. He has a very strong brave edge attacks and you have to use them to your advantage.

For example his best punish is 6Ba+b+k i15 does 70+ dmg and has RO potential to the rear. That moves is awesome and can punish alot of moves USE IT.
He can also 11_77A alot of linear strings and get a 60+ dmg punish. A+B actually evades high and low attacks at the same time and can be used to punish a characters poor string.
IE. Patroklos 6m,m,m. It can be used right after the first hit for a 70 Dmg punish.
66A is great for closing space with the threat of his B ender to bait counter attacks.

Thats all i compiled for now, I will continue more testing

A+B is useful to counter an opponent who has finally decided to run in from a distance. It has so much forward movement, they basically run directly into it. A+B is also useful for punishing sleepers. It hits grounded opponents where it lands.

His AA is unfortunately crap. The range is terrible on it. 6ABB feels like the smarter string to go for, even though that second hit can whiff. Mainly because you can delay that last B or input it when you know you havea CH.

4K is a good close-mid range tool, imo.

Maybe I just suck but can someone explain what I should do when I get a knockdown? I feel like I end up at a disadvantage and my opponent can easily block any attack. I don't even know how to pressure them when grounded. As any character really.

Maybe I just suck but can someone explain what I should do when I get a knockdown? I feel like I end up at a disadvantage and my opponent can easily block any attack. I don't even know how to pressure them when grounded. As any character really.

Do you mean when you knock down your opponent? Because if so running up and doing 66BB on people who don't know Ezio's moves will destroy everyone ducking to avoid a grab. Also 11/77B can be great if you time it to their wakeup, otherwise you can end up getting back grabbed. Crossbow pressure works to if you're far enough away. A+B is fun for shenanigans because if you do end up BT you can B+K which is surprisingly quick. Practice practice practice.

But what do I do if they block mid or side roll?

Assuming you have destroyed them with enough 66BBs on their wakeup to make them roll in the first place, (or they are already rolling to begin with) you just wait for them to roll a bit, then time the 11/77B to come down on top of them. Heavy guard break that gives advantage and rapes soul gauge (not sure what we call that now). 22AA also works for me quite a bit on their wakeup as well, probably because they attempted an Ukemi to step past a B attack.

Also, if they are just gonna stand up and block, then start timing a grab once they are up.

2k works wonders on grounded foes tracks in all directions.

Aside from that I've been experimenting with 2A+B hits downed foes and on block it forces full crouch on block and knockdown on hit

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said but my list of oki options are

2k: hits people who stay down or roll around. Very low risk imo. One of my go to moves. If they keep rolling around you can nip them to death with this low.

66BB: hits them if they stay down and a bit if they roll i think. However if they get up they can Quick Step the 2nd hit and nail you for a backthrow if you complete the string.

44B: Safe, hits grounded, deals good SG damage, conditions them to either roll or block mid.
11K: Low, i don't think it hits grounded but if you condition them enough to get up and block mid you get advantage on hit.

11B: I haven't tested it much and SOME part of me is worried you might be able to Quick step it on reaction but if they're getting up blocking that works, guard bursts in 7 I believe, advantage on block. I've had success with 3B and 6A string to keep them in line. Since you're at + frames 3B has a good chance of landing CH. If you're using 6A you can tech crouch any quick highs they might throw out. Once they start standing there to block mix 44B, 44K, 11K, and throw into the mix. I'll occasionally 6bA+B+K to get them antsy.

2A+B: Hits grounded if they stay there, idk about rollers. Deals good damage. Safe, decent guard burst damage. It knocks down on hit I think. Mainly only use this if they're up against a wall/corner since it feels faster than 44B.

Throw: Yeah I consider this an oki option. Reason why is both his throws lead to a knockdown(albeit the B throw puts them further away), deal good damage, have good reach relatively speaking to other character's throws. Since you'll hopefully have them scared with his ground hitting mids you'll get free throw attempts if you play it smart. Keep in mind a broken throw is still a throw. People don't like being thrown, especially with chip damage from them now. Another thing to keep in mind is on a late break they stumble to the ground again. Sure they can ukemi for free but it gets irritating and they don't want to deal with it in most cases.

Hi ppl. Joined this forum recently. I played up to SCIV only casually among a group of scrubs including myself, but I think I want to go somewhat competitive in SCV, sticking with Ezio to the end.

I've been playing around with 6K2 both in online and offline, loving this move on wake-up offense when I know they will be stand blocking. When I hit Patroklos with this move however, the guy mashed CE and it hit. I went to the training mode for more confirmation, and it looked like any1 with a fast CE can punish this move on hit (I was able to punish this move with Ezio's CE regardless of spacing, and it wasn't very hard to confirm it offline). Now I'm more hesitant to use this.

I tend to like his 1K as a wake-up offense option when I want a ring out and when I think they will be teching. 1K -> 4A -> B seems to push opponents quite far even when they're doing air control towards the front, and it will not whiff unless the opponent is facing sideways. Plus it's safe on block from what I can see.

Just a scrub throwing some crap out. I still get bodied a lot with this character and have a long way to go.

Yeah, I think 6k2 is something RIDICULOUSLY BAD. Like -18 or something on hit. If so in theory Cervantes can iGDR you for 100~ damage for you landing a low. Kind of ridiculous. I just use it to be a jerk after I win a round and want to over kill =\/

I got the guide and I can assure you that 6K2 is unsafe ON HIT BUT!! on a STANDING OPPONENT!!

6K2 is really only useful when you attack a grounded opponent

i.e. : 1K, 11_77B, 6K2 (for like 90+ damage)

When you attack a standing opponent, it's unsafe as hell, but otherwise useful for that TROLOLOL K.O. in the final round when they do not suspect a random high damage low.

Most lows in this game that do 25 damage or less will always do half their damage when an opponent has less than 25% health left (60 health, and health bar goes orange)

6K2 could potentially secure that necessary KO because it does over 35 damage

Tyvm for inputs. Yea doing 6K2 for KO feels rly good.

Not sure if this should go in Gameplay Discussion (maybe should go to combo thread). I tried 1K, 11B and a lot of times it whiffed unless I did 1K in the absolute maximum distance. Is there a special way on how to connect this all the time?

It also seems A+B dodges high attacks and high throws in the beginning and low kicks later. I'm in love with this move considering I can hit confirm into CE when I am sure it will hit and choose not to roll out of my judgement.

One thing I found: it's easier to land a 4B+K when you have an enemy pursuing you and you two are 8Wayrunning in the same direction, so you do a 4B+K, the move will put you directly in front of him and you'll probably hit him.

4B+K can evade and punish many moves in the game like NM's rocket move (don't know the name or input). You can harass NM Grim Stride with 2B+K too.

What do you guys use to stop step? 4A/44A? I feel that a lot of his horizontals are high which is an issue for people with good TC moves (like Pyrrah).

What do you guys use to stop step? 4A/44A? I feel that a lot of his horizontals are high which is an issue for people with good TC moves (like Pyrrah).
Yeah I generally go for 44A a lot just try to space it properly. Others are 4A, 66A, and another thing to keep in mind is his throws catch step up close :).

Looking for some input on a scenario in which the opponent makes you crouch.
Whats the fastest WR?

also whats your favorite WR? I personally love WR B; people most of the time get hit by the second hit for some reason. WR A obv. sets up for aa combo, however that combo seems weak and using CE is very skeptical; in training mode it seems like it doesn't connect at all.

Back