Favorite Stage?

AM64

[09] Warrior
I was surprised to find that there is no "favorite stage" thread for Soulcalibur IV. For convenience, I've compiled a list of stages:
* Distant Marsh
* Egyptian Temple, Sacred Flame
* Grand Labyrinth - Corridor of Suspended Time
* Hall Of The Warrior God
* Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient
* Jyurakudai Villa - Virgin Snow
* Kunpaetku Shrine - Dream Remnants
* Ostrheinsburg Castle - Twilight
* Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room
* Phantom Pavilion
* Phantom Pavilion - Seesaw
* Sailor's Rest
* Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Bridge Overhang
* Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Laser Gates
* Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Loading Platform
* Thesmophoros Imperial Garden
* Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate
* Tower of Remembrance - Degradation
* Tower of Remembrance - Encounter
* Tower of Remembrance - Spiral of Time
* Wolfkrone Monument
There are so many good ones, but I would probably pick "Hall of the Warrior God" (awesome music, detailed background) and "Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient" (it has a woolly mammoth...what else do you need?) as my favorites. What stages do you like?

Í'm gonna have to chose
-Sailor's Rest ( but like the SC 3 version cause of rain and other events occurring)
- the library stage from SC 2
- Ivy's Mansion SC 3
- The Cathedral SC 2
- Burning mansion SC 3 (believe cassandra stage)
- Ice coffin of the sleeping Ancient
-

I dont think there usually is a favorite, cause when u fight u pick random ( even though on SC 4 it not really random)

SC4 is Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient
SC3 is a tie btw Sailor's Rest,the Indian Port, and the Final Stage where you fight Siege of Nightmare.
SC2 is Cassandra's stage.
Soul Blade is Rock's stage.

My top five, in order from most to least favorite:

-Jyurakudai Villa - Virgin Snow: If I'm not mistaken, this seems like the largest stage. Plenty of room to breathe with long-range characters. Also, I like the music, although it's quite not as good as Ephemeral Dream from SC3.

-Sailor's Rest: My favorite song in the game, and it's got everything: walls, breakable walls and RO opportunities. It's a great "neutral stage" to counter both wall advantage and RO advantage.

-Wolfkrone Monument: I also like the music for this stage, and the Nutcracker-like dolls amuse me. Only problem is that it is a RO paradise.

-Hall Of The Warrior God: Cool music and setting. Nice space, and a good balance between ROs and walls (more in the favor of walls, though)

-Tower of Remembrance - Degradation: One of the largest no-wall stages, and it looks wicked cool.

All the stages in SC4 are cool, I just wish that there was more varitey in the available stages since there are 3 centered around Star Wars and 4 on Tower of Rememberance. My favorite would be Hall Of The Warrior God since I changed the stage music to use one of the SC1 tracks. Plus how hilariously humiliating is it to finish someone off by hitting them into one of the large cymballs. Good stuff.

Add me to the Hall of the Warrior God fanclub. Combination of great graphics, music, and a fun layout to boot.

I also enjoy Distant Marsh for shits and giggles... dodo birds and hippopotami, how can you beat that?

put me down for the hall as well. i also love gonging people at the end of a round. sailor's rest is a close 2nd though. 3rd would be the cage!!

Hall of the Warrior God is nice-- horsemen in the background, breakable pots, gongs, and a pretty neutral layout.
Kunpaetku Shrine-- Lizardman combos
Jyurakudai Villa is nice too-- a lot of space, yet there's still a possibility of RO.
Phantom Paviliion-- is a bit crowded but I like the collapsible walls that create more space yet open up for RO.

In general I like stages that have a balance between space/walls and RO. The walled tower of remembrance and Egyptian cage stages get boring, though it is fun to have bubbles bounce around and randomly juggle people. People think I'm being courteous when I choose those stages yet I'm actually counter picking as Algol mwuahaha

i like the circular one thats a clock tower i think, and the ice stage. the worst stages are easily the circus seesaw one and also the star wars one with the moving walls.

Phantom Pavillion has a special place in my heart, both the cage and the seesaw. Especially the seesaw though, that's just such a badass way to fight. There's just so much going on in the background and so much work put into it that it's amazing. Those elephants have amazing stamina. They must be getting an awesome health care package.

I'm also gonna pick up a Hall of the Warrior God t-shirt, that stage is just so subtle and detailed, it's lovely. Ice Coffin and Tower: Encounter are also a few of my favorites for the very cool lighting (makes it a bitch to color CAS costumes against that background though =P).

I actually really like how the Star Wars stages came out, since I really like old-trilogy SW. I especially enjoy how they managed to pull of that bleak, sterilized 'Star Wars lighting' in the Star Destroyer bay. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be the Loading Platform, since you can see the entire docking bay from the center. For contextual purposes, I like the Bridge Overhang; it's like you're having that last swordfight against a persistent foe while you're waiting for your ship to arrive and get you out of there =D.

I'm a little disappointed there was no Valentine Mansion stage this time around. I really liked the SC2 and 3 Valentine Mansions and I was hoping to see what sort of high-class interior Raphael would be swashbuckling in this time, but I guess he takes the throne room this time around.

From older installments, the Battle in the Strait from SC3 is one of my most memorable. That stage was just so friggin' boss. I also really miss the Clock Tower. And, while it wasn't technically a playable stage, the background of the Inferno fight from SC2 was actually pretty cool. I mean, there wasn't much to it; it was just a charred, barren landscape... but the more you struck Inferno, the more FIRE would start spilling out and eventually the whole place would just be lit up like a George Foreman grill! I thought that was pretty intense.

I'd have to say the Sailor's Rest is really growing onto me. I'm really starting to like the song for the stage and that it seems to be pretty neutral overall, as KingZeal has already stated. It just has a lot of potential for any given situation really.

I guess my second favorite would have to be the Egyptian Temple though. Nothing like a good cage fight, lol. I just like having a stage to go to where neither opponent can run away or ring the other out. It's a fucking CAGE for crying out loud!

And last but not least, I would definitely have to go with Hall of the Warrior God. We get some awesome music, the horsemen in the background add to the atmosphere, breaking pots, ring out potential, and gongs! It's just all around awesome, I'd say.

My favorite is definitely virgin snow. Gives me a Jade Empire vibe, (sweet game btw).
followed by the cage level. (taki's stage). who doesn't like a good cage match?

Throne Room, Imperial Garden, Warrior God. Throne Room is pretty big, so few ROs, it fits in with Tira, and its right next to the random button.

Back