Final Fantasy XIII-2

To buy or not to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow those are all totally different games all tied for your fav lol.

Legend of Dragoon is better than that entire list of FFs you just named, other than MAYBE 7. And i don't like 7 at all, but it's good. While 9 is my favorite but it's not that good.

Chrono Cross/Trigger, FF6 and Xenogears better than all of those thrown together.

Anyway 13-2 is better than 8 and 9, just saying.

I can't believe you just compared 13-2 favorably to FF 9.
Believe it. You have to be able to separate what you like and what is good to rate stuff man.

And no matter how much i LOVE 9, the game overall just isn't that good man. While no matter how much you can dislike 13, it had a lot of changes and mechanics that worked quite well. And 13-2 really just streamlined and improved upon that.
It's like the 12 syndrome. 12 is arguably the best GAME in the FF series, with a good world, a good pace, good music, numerous side quests, a good battle system, and arguably the best story told by a straight literature perspective. But no FF fan liked it really, i didn't even really like it, because it wasn't what FF fans remember. But not being like another game doesn't make a game BAD, it's just not that game. It doesn't make it GOOD either, but this one just happened to be.
I mean there was no cheesy love story involved in this one, it was all a fantasy military overtaking story and it was done well. But because of that the characters were all too 1 dimensional and forgettable in comparison to other FF games, especially the main character. But if you ever go back you see that the cast were all "fun" and filled out their roles well in this story. But then go back to lets say... 9, my favorite, and those characters are awesome. They're fun, in most senses of the word, quirky, fun to look at for a 100 hours and fit the story well. So 12 just seemed bland in that aspect when comparing em. But on it's own merit it did it quite well.
I mean the only other FFs with as bland or blander characters are 1, 3 and 8. People eat those games up though.

Anyway, point is 13-2 is a fairly good game, no matter how non classic FF it is.

But we can all say that XIV, X-2 and FFVII DoC and CC are all the worst FF games right?
Because they are.

Believe it. You have to be able to separate what you like and what is good to rate stuff man.

And no matter how much i LOVE 9, the game overall just isn't that good man. While no matter how much you can dislike 13, it had a lot of changes and mechanics that worked quite well. And 13-2 really just streamlined and improved upon that.
It's like the 12 syndrome. 12 is arguably the best GAME in the FF series, with a good world, a good pace, good music, numerous side quests, a good battle system, and arguably the best story told by a straight literature perspective. But no FF fan liked it really, i didn't even really like it, because it wasn't what FF fans remember. But not being like another game doesn't make a game BAD, it's just not that game. It doesn't make it GOOD either, but this one just happened to be.
I mean there was no cheesy love story involved in this one, it was all a fantasy military overtaking story and it was done well. But because of that the characters were all too 1 dimensional and forgettable in comparison to other FF games, especially the main character. But if you ever go back you see that the cast were all "fun" and filled out their roles well in this story. But then go back to lets say... 9, my favorite, and those characters are awesome. They're fun, in most senses of the word, quirky, fun to look at for a 100 hours and fit the story well. So 12 just seemed bland in that aspect when comparing em. But on it's own merit it did it quite well.
I mean the only other FFs with as bland or blander characters are 1, 3 and 8. People eat those games up though.

Anyway, point is 13-2 is a fairly good game, no matter how non classic FF it is.

But we can all say that XIV, X-2 and FFVII DoC and CC are all the worst FF games right?
Because they are.
I absolutely see where you are coming from, I just disagree. I rank 9 as my favorite FF, but FF 12 is one of my favorite RPGs ever (Vagrant Story is my favorite RPG, so it is a bonus that 12 takes place in Ivalice). 13 is such a contested game that it must be difficult for people to talk about liking it when people such as myself found it to be disappointing in nearly every way. My point is that I honestly don't see the changes and mechanics that improved upon previous iterations, and certainly none of those changes made their way into the storytelling. 13-2 I haven't tried, so I will give that the benefit of the doubt.

I can see that i guess.

But again no FF has "improved" anything from any other version before it. It's just straight up changed. The only time you can try and throw into it is 10-2 and 13-2. And in my eyes 10-2 failed in almost every way while 13-2 succeeded. But those conversations are just when comparing to their prequel.
While almost every other FF is just another game, like you might as well just throw a different title on it because they are different. It could've been Chrono Fantasy or Fantasy Gears.
So like every other numbered game before it, it's just different.

Actually from what friends have shown me FFX-2 actually looks more enjoyable than vanilla Ten. The tried-and-true class system (albeit a pervy version) was reinstated, the active time system was brought back making the game less sluggish, and the bullshit grid spheres were ditched. The reason it is hated is they opened up a finished story again for no reason than moar monay and had nothing to add but shameless fanservice. Gameplaywise I consider it the superior one though. Still I can't say the developers hearts were in the right place, they made the game stupid easy in a vain attempt to try to appeal to more women and the class system is more about appealing to fetishes than intelligent gameplay. The only other good thing I can say about the game is it knows it is meant to be shameless good fun and doesn't take itself so pretenciously serious as the other modern FFs.

Otherwise it is just recycling character models/ animations to save money, providing crappy J-pop and lesbian massage scenes. Oh and I love how they turned Yuna into the heroine from Chaos Legion by Capcom considering those Capcom assholes ripped off Sephiroth and gave him a blue tie. Just kinda cute in a way. Reciprocal intellectual theft.

Also Legend Of Dragoon totally ripped off most of its plot points from FF7 but no one really cares anymore because it doesn't have a shitty CG movie, bargain-bin 3rd person shooter, or silly cell phone games made after it.

X-2 was ass. The job system doesn't make for a good game, it can only help it and it didn't help enough. The ATB system of it though was great, extremely fluid looking battles. But that can't save it either.
The rest you dissed yourself so i don't need to say more.

Also VICTOR DELACROIX is the coolest name ever, whether he's just Sephiroth or not. Capcom did good.
Man i wish any of those characters were in Marvel.....

And how did LoD steal from FF7 other than MAYBE the Shana = Aeris thing?
Also it's a mediocre CG movie, not shitty. Especially on HIGH DEFINITION BLU-RAY YO.
And don't forget the god awful, terrible, worse than any other version of the franchise game Crisis Core.
OMG that game is total ass.

Back