Final Round XII results

but I already called it like 2 days ago in flashchat that Killa6 will win nationals.

So Killa6 is going to get 1st at Nats by getting 7th at Final Round? Makes sense to me, seems like Swordlord's fortune telling will come true soon enough.

yea i didn't say anything about who would win final round. killa6 played Setsuka like every match anyway, not the broken bitch. anyway I lost to Andrew Fang's Maxi cuz I made the mistake of assuming he was trash and used Seung Mina against him (I'm good with her, but I wasn't breaking any grabs at all, which was mostly what he was doing). lost to Red Zo with Kilik cause he was using broke ass hilde (he let me pick the stage second match, that was cool, didn't help me much tho).

team tourney, me, kAb, and Steve Harrison/Kpc, basically was me and kAb till our last match. Got my revenge on Red Zo's Hilde and Cordy (from Kumite), and Typhoon (from the beginning of the team tourney, and FRXI). Picked Kilik up vs. Mystic Bill cause I wanted to destroy Lizardman crawl stance, but that was dumb as shit, cause Cassy has always been my Lizzy counter. Never got a chance to get revenge on Andrew Fang or Mystic Bill.

Ando- X vs. Voldo, solid matches!

Fun tourney overall. Nice playin and meetin all u folks.

I learned this tourney, I should prolly stick with Sophie in tournaments (except vs Lizzy), cause I have the best Sophie in the world. :)
i recorded a little bit, mainly the team tourney which was funny as hell. I'll put up the vidz sometime this week.

Top 3 all ATL Clint, JTO, wingzero split

PLEASE IF YOU SPLIT THE POT AT LEAST PLAY THE MATCH!! ESPECIALLY AT EVO!!
-Q

Other than that....I need to start playing real people in this shit again. Good stuff to everyone I played though.

Sword Lord - like I said man, when NC starts playing together again as a state, I'll MM you. Me only playing against people every 2 months makes me playing you madd one-sided. Considering ATL has a community and NC has.....training mode.

ando - good shit!! I'll try to get something together again about having regular practice sessions.

3rd Strike (brackets by Heidern98(wtf? Thanks Jeff!!!) and RoninChaos - 57 players):
1) Justin - Chun Li (split)
1) Gootecks - Urien (split)
1) Joe - Ken (split)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (brackets by Adam Warlock - 25 players):
1) Martin Phan "Marn" - NY
2) Joe?
3) Brandon Deshields "Demon Hyo" - Philly, PA

Mannn the only reason any of you all crying about the split is because it was all ATL... Again...

PLUS get your facts straight.
The top #3 DID play.. they played on Sunday due to time constraints.
LARRY (A.K.A. Shinblanka) told them his exact words "Ya'll can split the pot... but Ya'll gotta fight for this" (Meaning Fight for the pimp Cup) which made them fight against each other anyways.

I guess most of you ONLY play 3D style games but Marn spilt with his crew, justin wong spilt with his crew, years ago RTD & Mick Split at Evo.. then had a lackluster fake Voldo match (I Know cause I was there) and I didn't see any of you all complaining on the original Soul Calibur forum back then.

I mean real talk, if any of you all have that much distaste, hatred, disgust... I mean step up to Defeat the Kings Of The South.. other than that, don't post subliminal notes about your liking or dis-liking of something when you didn't even bother to SHOW UP to.

Final Round is a staple in the Atlantic South , started in a damn garage, home, Recreational Center, 2 hotels and it will move beyond.
Final Round is pretty much our EVO and has hosted some of the best talent for the East, Midwest, and West, you didn't show... you missed out.

People all hyped about EvO... well good for you.
We've been there done that as a unit!!!
I personally am NOT hyped for EvO due to the other games I play are nolonger hyped at EvO, the best ever marvel Tournament was held at this past years Seasons Beatings, I also feel it was one of the best SC4 tournies due too it being the demise of Algol BUT THAT IS MY OPINION WHICH DON'T MEAN SHIT TOO ALOT OF PEOPLE AND I REALIZE THAT!!!
The Respect EvO showed Soul Calibur in the past, along with the respect Guilty Gear was NOT shown, takes me out of the mood.

I look forward to tournaments like K.I.T. (Codez what's up) T.i.T (Whats up JOP, Alex J) N.E.C. (What's up Eric) any and everything in Florida (Mixup, EnkIndu what's good), Seasons Beatings (God shit Fugee) E.C.C. (when it was run by Jet Phi and his associates)

Actually, the reason Evo staff was pissed at the SC community is because of the RTD / Mick bullshit final. Having a joke final is completely disrespectful to the attendants, the staff, and it makes the staff look bad in front of their sponsors. So yeah fuck that.

As for the split stuff, splitting is all well and good but if they don't play the matches (or as detailed above) then it becomes a problem. Nothing was detailed in the first post at all so you can't blame people for asking questions.

We actually did bring up a huge fuss when RTD and Mick split Evo and slapped all the other entrants in the face with a Voldon't match.

...as you more urban folks would say, "GETCHO FAX STR8."

actually, the reason evo staff was pissed at the sc community is because of the rtd / mick bullshit final. Having a joke final is completely disrespectful to the attendants, the staff, and it makes the staff look bad in front of their sponsors. So yeah fuck that.

As for the split stuff, splitting is all well and good but if they don't play the matches (or as detailed above) then it becomes a problem. Nothing was detailed in the first post at all so you can't blame people for asking questions.

holy shit we agree on something! Sound the trumpets!

I'm a nobody, and I think it's reasonable to have the opinion that splitting is lame in any kind of contest. Good job placing, though.

I was there and it felt like we were watching Calibur die right in front of us. People came for a good show and instead got a casual match. No cheering, no tension -- but I guess if you and your friends get that far to finals it's up to you... though people tend to agree, splitting is kinda lame.

Thankfully Calibur's back at Evo ~

Can't wait for more vids from these too =)

-Manta-

was there any vids.. for this event??!! at all?

i want to see this

"cordy"

person....

lol....sratch that..... i don't know if he's better than me...

but i do know that were "both" better than you T_T...

the truth will set you free my friend...

<3

This was an ATL local.
That is all.

The south is more of a Tekken region it seems...DR got 68 people (almost the exact same number as Evo last year lololololol)

That said, SC4 still did better than most of the 5 million games at FR. Only finished behind SF4, Guilty Gear, DR, and 3rd Strike. I keep making this point, and I'll make it again: Turnout for everything has been dropping over the past year-plus. SF4 is the gigantic exception right now, but we'll have to see if that holds up in the long run.

So that's the infamous scandal people hinted at all this time. That show did a good job of hyping it up. Pot splits are ok cuz that's their money but hopefully something like that won't happen again.

People seem to have this misconception that organizing a tournament is easy.
Its NOT, its a lot of work that usually goes unthanked. (Except for the 20% of you who post shoutouts post-tourney, this is a really nice gesture so thank you for that)

A tournament like EVO makes the games we play look more and more like e-sport everyday, whether or not its for personal gain, its an effort that mutually helps us gamers, without us having to lift up a thumb. So the least the players can do is play their best and try to make the tournament look as damn good as it possibly can, so that it looks impressive in the eyes of the staff, the players, and potentially, the SPONSORS.

Does this mean that you can never split your pot?
No dude, hell no. I don't think its a bad thing at all, but you could be a little bit more discrete about it and not cause difficulty amongst the rank and file..
If you're going to split your pot.. Keep it a damn secret.. Play your best and then split the pot evenly AFTER each of you have gotten the money. What's the matter? Scared the final winner might back out with the money?
Trust your crew enough to share your money with them, but not enough that they'll do the same?

Edit: So who DID win anyway? Wing_zero? :)

great tourny everyone! there wasn't 1 person who didn't knw how to play the game. props to sword lord, shadow g, human typhoon, killer 6, Clint, and every1 else who was just madd skill. i had fun guys :)

Back