Framework for re-establishing SC4 on a global scale!

I know of quite a few, but I'm more than sure I don't know of everyone. Here's what I do know:

Known to be active in Chicago area:

ARU (I dunno)
Dragkonias (Southside)
Hawkeye (I dunno. >_>)
HumanTyphoon (Northside)
NinjaDakuFox (Southside)
ThugishPond (Northside)
LostProvidence (Currently around Syracuse, NY, but of the Southside of Chicago)

People I've been in contact but have never actually played offline that are from/around Chicago:

Cricket (Northside)
Force-Destruct (Northside)
Jink (Southside)
Luff_The_Talim (From Wisconsin, but frequents Chicago)
Nightstar_Ace (Northside?)
Teflon (Who knows...)
VisciousSheWolf (Never heard back from)

Malice - Honestly, I think it'd be much better to start some type of thinktank in chat or something with all of that. Not saying I agree or disagree with you, but SU is taking initiative and people are putting fourth an effort. If it doesn't work? So what. But I don't think we should turn this into another debate.

KingAce: I'm still active, and I'm in Texas.

You totally forgot about me.

I didn't forget you, it's just that the army might be taking you away from us soon. So I am like torn cuz I know you're would be playing too. I guess it's a question of how long you're going to be active for SC.

Texas South Central
Currently Active

GEMINI_KNIGHT
KingAce
Danman
B Boy Tekken
C Money
BezBoyTk
JD Elite
Mistercox
Nori
Augustin
Chickenwing
CNP
IceColdEdge
Bello
Batoussai
Long Grange

Unknown Status

Funkpanda
Jeager
SuperNacho
Linkrkc
Alphamale

But Ace: I am active, and I forgot to tell ya in that "other" thread, I still got around 8 months left, and I might not go to the bad place that has an "A" in it. I might go to that place where Kura lives.

I don't even see why anyone would make comments to shit on this idea. It doesn't hurt and I like to see something at least being attempted. If nothing comes of it, all well but at least something is being tried to keep my beloved game going. We've be going steady up here for awhile now, and most people know I'm just a straight recruiting whore, so if anything is needed I'll do my part. Just let me know.

So anyway, here's our little list. Everyone here plays regularly at least twice a month. And we keep trying to grow it. The top 4 names listed have traveled just to play and I know for sure 3 out of the four will travel to continue playing others.

Seattle:

GreatOne1939
TheLastDragon
Mikosu
LiesIncorporated
HowIPlayThisGame
Guttinboy
Tactu
Mnsalma
Minuteman

Jacksonville FL
MammothMan
Pocky/Joker Yoshi

Only two of us I know that are in Jax, or native to FL for that matter. I could be wrong though.

So what happens after everyone lists where there from? Sc is supposed to magically revive itself? I'm confused :-(

Hey sweet I'm on the list I've actually always wanted to make it to gatherings and tourneys just haven't had a job for the longest time but now that's changed. I've always hated asking everyone for a ride but once my car is fixed I'll start offering rides.

Operation Soul Calibur 4: Red Line Revival. CLEAR! One huge tourney, just like Evo, last year. 165 players is ALOT! One Huge POT. I'm talking 2G's, if not higher. Charge 30 to enter the tourney. We mean business. Sometime early next year. That will get people talking. We all agree on the Location. I'm thinking, and this is just me talking, in February. Call it, We Heart SC Namco, or SC4 is MY Valentine. Also, get some France in, or some out of the country names. I think the Koreans just made a 10 min combo vid recently. Let's get them out here. Just how Tekken brings out Koreans Nin, Holeman. That should generate Hype. Like I said, this is just me throwing out idea's and what nots.

That one big tournament will be the SC4 exclusive event (think Nats but international or something like Idlemind FSAK). I was gonna discuss this after establishing most of the SC4 playerbase but great idea for discussion now to speed things along. I hope people can multitask though cause I still need names including inactive.

These 3 people I had in mind for being associated with the one big tournament Nori, Idlemind, Krayzie. The #1 choice imo is Nori since he is at the most neutral point geographicaly.

With that said though this thread isn't about one big tournament its about getting tournaments back and keeping it consistent but with more attention to detail.

I still need names people inactive or not.

Edit:

Upon looking at the map of the U.S TX makes the most sense for SC Nationals. It is the most neutral location for what is and what used to be the biggest regions for SC California/Tri-State and its also the most convenient cost wise (should be) for all the other neighboring states with communities.

That one big tournament will be the SC4 exclusive event (think Nats but international or something like Idlemind FSAK). I was gonna discuss this after establishing most of the SC4 playerbase but great idea for discussion now to speed things along. I hope people can multitask though cause I still need names including inactive.

These 3 people I had in mind for being associated with the one big tournament Nori, Idlemind, Krayzie. The #1 choice imo is Nori since he is at the most neutral point geographicaly.

With that said though this thread isn't about one big tournament its about getting tournaments back and keeping it consistent but with more attention to detail.

I still need names people inactive or not.

Edit:

Upon looking at the map of the U.S TX makes the most sense for SC Nationals. It is the most neutral location for what is and what used to be the biggest regions for SC California/Tri-State and its also the most convenient cost wise (should be) for all the other neighboring states with communities.

Lucky us. I live 3 hours from Nori. Pasadena, We are the Houston Scene has more active players than San Antonio and Dallas. If Nori is up to the task, I'll be willing to help him out as much as possible. I was just mentioning one big tournament to start the snowball effect. Somebody on the DEV stream said it best. Big pot money brings people out of hiding. We know they playing still but just don't come out.

Houston: Inactive
Ghost
Chris (Mr. Cox homeboy)
Dude from Monsters arcade who wants to pick this game up. He say's he's playing alot more now. Axe KingAce about him.

I'd like to say good luck with this; it's a noble effort.

It was a noble effort every other time it has been tried. Listing out the players really lays it out there the fact that you need to have something else- cameraderie. Offline gatherings. Groups of friends attracting more people and befriending them as well.

If you can't encourage this very grassroots part of the community having the best tournament in the world isn't gonna save it. The tournaments are a natural result of having that type community; you can't just magic it up out of thin air.

After FSAK, I am done here. I love the game; and have a fleeting love for this fickle community. Mostly, what I enjoyed was the cameraderie. The get-togethers; the casual sessions... ironically, everything but the tournaments themselves. The tournaments are just the direct result of having that.

I guess in stating that twice; I think it really is what at the forefront of my mind. Anyways, good luck with this. I hope it all works out for the best.

-Idle

Framework for tournament awareness. This is the events of importance that are focused around where the most players for this game are or have been.

NJ - Upper East Coast Neutral Zone (Per Month - Month and Half)
NEC - Upper East Coast Major

CA - Lower West Coast Neutral Zone (Per Month - Month and Half)
DEV - Lower West Coast Major

TX - Middle Neutral Zone (Per Month - Month and Half)
Unnamed - Exclusive SC4 International Event (The Big One)

ATL - Lower East Coast Neutral Zone (Per Month - Month and Half)
FR - Lower East Coast Major

There's one region missing that would another good location but I need to see where the players are most potent and its convenient aka cost effective.

Again this is just part of the framework that would make the most sense to support. If u notice above some of these majors are already well known. But the most important thing is that no one shows up. That's one of the reasons FR dropped us and ATL one of the big spots for SC died. These are the invents/locations to be aware of. The per month events can easily be started up again. People just need to be aware and initiative needs to be taken.

When I get more names preferably all who have ever been apart of a tournament in each region we can deal with them for attendance and supporting the game.

Edit:

Idlemind we can thoroughly test this. We can start with our upper region. The venue needs to be in NJ a new one. I will look one up u can to. I'll contact people from my area u can contact the ones from New England see what comes out of it as a start. I'm positive I could convince Tri-State and tbh most don't need convincing they just want a venue.

here in the Dominican Republic, i came back to the game around 2 months ago and found that few still play the game (not as much people as a time ago but i think we are still some)

list of the active dominican players

Camilo
Carter
Chiqui
Eliezer
El Mitsu
Jeffrey
Judas
Kira
Marcos
Melfice
Mespower
Nando
Stryker
Vlaster

maybe forgot someone, but these are w i remember for now, still waiting for a new SC

greetings

Thanks Vlaster its good to hear its still active down there! Things happen in a chain like effect. If one place takes the initiative and succeeds in getting the ball rolling there is more incentive for others to follow.

Here goes something that people need to realize as well. A number of people are stating they're waiting until SC5. I was once one of them. Its possible that there will not be a SC5. So its important to treat this game like its the last. It seems Namco is doing everything except SC. T7 and TxSF are already in production and it was stated TxSF is like 2-3 years down the pipeline from being created.

Support ur game SC4 like its ur last cause it could be.

Back