FreeMeal's SC5 CAS

Thanks, KokoYoshi. Sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy.

Here's some more CAS, though:

Alundra from, well, Alundra
ibfMgIxSk9ed5E.JPG

His little armor thing had to be placed over 2 items, so it looks a little weird. I'm still happy I got all his main features in, though.

Yurt Version 2
iPlmDcj3Kny34.JPG

From Demon's Souls. I managed to get his armor just right. He looks way better than that all-brown thing I made last time.

Artorias of the Abyss Version 2
iJgFa5KaVLgw1.JPG

From Dark Souls: I mostly fixed his helmet, but I think he looks close to perfect(?).

Lautrec Version 2
ibn9nzkrFElFli.JPG

From Dark Souls: I'm still not 100% sure on this one, but at least all his main features are at least referenced.

It's pretty amazing coming back to old CAS and seeing new room for improvement.

It's been a while. I plan on posting some more stuff soon.

Egg Armor:
ixEjmdqIydUrQ.png

inaZGJ5s5aMMS.png

Lautrec Version 4 (yes, I skipped a version):
ibtmEdTa3hatH.png

His chest armor is much more accurate with stickers. Also, I used the 'color all' feature to give his entire body a burgundy sheen. This gives his armor that blood stained look with minimal stickers, so I could focus on his unique armor. You can see it better in-game.

i3DGipfIV35jo.png

irtLItdj5m6cd.png

I think that's as good as he is going to get, at least with my version, anyway.

I'll post some the CAS I made for Iron CAS/contests/requests soon. Feel Free to comment!

Whilst I'd recommend taking off the wings from the Egg Armour (due to horrific clipping issues mostly), it's a really great design. It's also terrifying as all unholy hell so, bonus.

DAT LAUTREC THOUGH. I will procure, put on and then take off several thousand hats to you.

Thanks, Le_Bello. I'll see what I can do about Egg Armor. I only added the wings to balance out the "weight" of those bat wings. I'll find something else.

I'm glad you like Lautrec so much. In case you missed it, there's a new version of Ornstien near the end of page 1, too.

I'm not overly keen on Ornstein 2, though it's mostly the mask I think? It's incredibly well done that, and a difficult design to tackle, so don't misunderstand when I say that.

SMOUGH THOUGH. Yes. I had my own attempt at him, but this is muuuuuuuuuch better.

Interesting that you like Smough better. I fell that there's more I could do with him.

Anyway, here's some stuff from the request thread and the old contest threads.

Request: Meat from Mortal Kombat
iRyempiVgAmIN.png

Some photos to show off his exposed muscles:
iCFDLd2Mtw6Ob.png

ifMzny4XgRfgE.png

The first two contest CAS I made, buried in their respective threads:
ibqGJwZWzACBO3.png

ibvRWMvbapiHwL.png

i4Qi4WxLkPs9g.png

Ornstein 2 isn't exactly 1-to-1, but it looks awesome nonetheless! Artorias also looks good. Maybe you can try one of the hoods as a foundation for the head rather than Cervante's helmet. Egg armor's pretty damn cool. The pair of wings on the back kinda stick outs though, so I recommend pushing it backwards and lowering the angle towards the body a bit. This might also help minimize the clipping with the wings. The beret girl's quite cute. The color balancing and proportions are especially well done. Is she supposed to be some sort of palatial guard or royal huntsman? I'd definitely remove the pocket sticker on the hem of the dress, add texture to the jacket and boots (like a single-colored tiger pattern, which adds a ruffled texture), and possibly add some sort of neck equipment. The templar dude's also got potential. The zipper sticker and scale pattern on the helmet really adds character. I'd swap out the griffin crest sticker for a star or phoenix sticker though, since the upward sweep on the helmet looks kinda awkward. Oh, and I don't really like the feathers of strength on the left forearm. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you find most of these interesting. I took off the wings from egg armor. They were a neck item so I couldn't adjust them. He looks much better without them. I'll post a new pick sometime.

I'll try out the hood for Astorias and get back to you.

I might try some of the things you mentioned about the old contest CAS, but they are posted mostly for prosperity's sake. I'll look into it if I have some extra time, though! They don't really have back stories, they're based on a theme or specific CAS part.

Anyway, I decided not to drag things out and just post all of my old contest CAS:

Untitled
iGQRMuDbmLLiu.png

Prisoner-05
ibi8yQAiNtUx7r.png

Namoura-Man
iXMGqUs7cDnai.png

iFvvl7kiiDLo9.png

Greedor and his solid gold armor
iL5967G0DhAaE.png

Re-Volt
iblWMQZZPEfA8o.png

Dollar Store Toy Ninja
iEjk3doW8yEFk.png

iTdCkaR2Xsd14.png

OOOOOOH NO!
ibbxIk7J1hsnay.png

iwZrurlyJnCTx.png

Then the two old requests I did:

Woman from a Dynasty Warriors Game(?)
ibaW7vGqxLK3H3.png

Stephan from 'Tales of' Series(?)
ibomnkcEFrZCdO.png

That's all of it. Sorry to dump all of that at once. From now on it's all new stuff.

Hahaha yeah you're right, Le_Bello. Up until this point that CAS was based on one or two pieces of promotional art. (You can even see one of the sources in the snapshot). Looking at new screens/art you can tell it's WAY off. His armor is supposed to be silver, lol. I've been working on him today, I'll probably finish tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliment, orangeislands31. I really appreciate it.

These recreations are nicely executed. Really like Violet, Shanoa, and the Dynasty Warrior character. Btw, I think her name is Xingcai. Anyway, would it be possible if you post the formula for Shanoa please? Like to try it for myself.

Gatsu: Thanks, I'm glad you like my stuff!
Blacklink20: Thanks to you too! I'll post Shanoa tomorrow.

For now, here's Artorias V3:
ibxxVtt6LnpmPz.png

ivDDDxEdiP5ae.png

Now, here's some more in-game shots of some characters, to give a better idea of how they look:

Artorias:
i69bnJh52YYsG.png

ibm53wM3fWGWpR.png

Yurt (who I can't photograph worth crap):
ibmuY0U0opHBdp.png

in6acAUwioS6.png

Ornstien:
iT5yjFvwk12b8.png

ibv64AiHMxXQwI.png

Smough:
i4HRWIGAB5ZKQ.png

ibzHYA8U1zwX7L.png

Artorias looks REALLY nice with the helmet update and sticker work! I'd just bump up the "depth" parameter on the beetle horns to get more of a curve. You should give Havel or the Cystalline set a shot when you have the time. The Souls games are my all time favorite series, so I can't wait to see more!

Gatsu: Thanks, I'm glad you like my stuff!

Thank to you, you give me wish to do some CaS, as you can see from the avatar as now i'm into DS
I sold my copy of SCV, but if i see some friends that have it i'm probably going to take theyr copy and do a DarkSouls Pack myself

Again, good job!

Some people really need to pay attention to your work, FreeMeal. These all have enough immaculate detail, yet the simplicity I truly enjoy. Re-volt for instance is very intriguing because of the Duracell battery trick thing. Dark Souls characters look utterly amazing and I never played that game.

I usually shy away from Dark Souls genre of monster warriors, knights, etc, but maybe I should try leave oriental stuff(my preference of CAS themes) for a bit and visit stuff like these a bit more.....

Also...
Thank to you, you give me wish to do some CaS, as you can see from the avatar as now i'm into DS
I sold my copy of SCV, but if i see some friends that have it i'm probably going to take theyr copy and do a DarkSouls Pack myself

Again, good job!

See? CAS is like drugs. You just can't stop once the forums go boom with things you like. Kind of why it's best to say "I'm on a break from CAS" like some musician on break with their songs. xD

See? CAS is like drugs. You just can't stop once the forums go boom with things you like. Kind of why it's best to say "I'm on a break from CAS" like some musician on break with their songs. xD
Nah, i'm really going at best to get a SCV copy for a day, do some DS stuff and give it back to the owner :D
Or more likely holydays/Dragon'sDogma caught me first
I'm just in dat "i've finished and done everythingin DS, now what?"

The real return will be at SC6, or hopefully at a less daishied, new producered SC reboot without 17yBS timeskip :D

Back