Gauntlet's Cas Gallery

Hey, what's up guys, how are you doing?

Okay, so this post will have two batches. It's going to be huge and I hope you guys enjoy it and feel free to leave your feedback on my work, it really helps me out!

First batch : Updates (thanks to the review from @brucege) - No backgrounds, since they are already on page 1 XD

Thornstein as a Nord General
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

Thornstein as the Jarl of Idonheim
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

Galan as an Elf Prince
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

Rukal as a Drow Tribe Chieftain
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png

Second batch: Knights (Thank God this forum has so many creations of this theme)

Roderic as The Emperor of Dalerock
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png
Prior to proclaim himself Emperor, Roderic, also known as "Golden Demon" by the elves, was considered the strongest knight of Dalerock and served the former King Geofridus.

For a while, Dalerock was attacked by the tribes of Kushala, a region north of the kingdom known by warriors capable of mystical features, like control flames and tame strange animals.

The attacks were so constant that Geofridus had to ask for support for the elves to win against the invaders, but Roderic saw this as a sign that the Dalerock kingdom had become weak and, in a coup, took the crown for himself, declaring the beginning of the Empire and promising to restore the former glory of Dalerock.

However, some myths and secrets surrounding Roderic. Some people say he sold his soul in exchange for power increase by black magic.

Sauldor as The Champion of Dalerock
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_26.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png
Called "Tree Knight", little is known about Sauldor before becoming a Dalerock's knight. Some say he is a product of the black magic dominated by the Emperor.

In fact, Sauldor was one of the many warriors killed in the campaign against the elves that was submitted to Roderic's experiments in order to create the ultimate knight. Sauldor was infused with the soul of a hundred elves warriors killed in battle and successfully revived as Champion of Dalerock and bodyguard of the emperor himself.

Zamitrias as The General of the East
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_31.png
Daughter of the former general Henrik, Zamitrias trained constantly in his childhood with his father to become a knight of Dalerock .

During the campaign against the elves , his father eventually died in a mysterious way , but she received the news that he had been murdered by elves warriors.

Determined to avenge the death of his father , Zamitrias trained intensely and participated in the war, she excelled in every battle against the elves .

At the end of the war, Zamitrias rose to rank of General of the East and received as a gift , the "Emerald Shredder" , a sword made with aokilite ores , the rarest metal from the land of elves.

Alastor as The General of the South
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_34.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_35.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_36.png
Called by many "The Silver Punisher", Alastor is a living legend, one of the greatest warriors of Dalerock under the command of the Emperor.

Alastor is able to hit a spear at a target kilometers away and has proven its strength and technique countless times in battle.

Alastor believes that justice is on the side of the strong, seeing that the emperor is the stronger of the nation, The General of the South serves him faithfully.

Treyfus as The General of the North
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_37.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_38.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_39.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_40.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_41.png
Known as "Flaming Unicorn", Treyfus dubs itself as the best swordsman in the kingdom. Although it seems too much, his skills are real.

Treyfus repeatedly demonstrated His ability to combat showing actually be a high quality fighter, especially with regard to speed.

To be overconfident, it often turns out to give him more work than necessary in duels, but once he realizes that his opponents are worthy and really start trying, few can stand in his way.

Goliath as The General of the West
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_45.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_43.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_44.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_46.png
Goliath is the oldest of the four generals and also the laziest one.

It is very difficult to make Goliath moves himself, but once that is done, he becomes a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

But nothing motivates more Goliath than his desire to protect his companions. Just see a wounded or dead ally and " The Black Bull " shows all his strength and fury.

Bravo.

Thornstein1: Clever, using patterns to blend the feathers (FOS) with the chest plate.

Thornstein2: Horns are good now.

Galan: The horns on the shoulder piece enhance the asymmetry.

Rukal: Amazing. The green corset really makes him stand out, and it goes especially well with that orange-ish pattern on the skirt. Corsets (let alone green ones) are utterly ridiculous for men IRL, but this WoW-style design is delightfully over-the-top. Five stars.

Roddy: Spectacular. All the pieces on the helmet blend seamlessly. Gatsu has used the FOS to form that spiky ornament a number of times before, but the way you position them to reshape the eye-holes on the mask is new. The laurel wreath sticker adds a lot of bling to the design. I also think this is the first time I've seen the Egyptian skirt combined with the wrestling belt. Great discovery. Red and gold fits the whole backstabbing douche-bag backstory too. It's barely noticeable, but if I had to change one thing, it would be to shade in or remove the large button on his crotch.

Sauldor: Amazing. That helmet is dope. The FOS give shape (cheekbones!) to the usually clunky Templar helm, and the golden phoenix + angel wing sticker combo blends the eyes into the horns. Nice job using the gradient pattern to shade in the chest piece too. The bulky, spiky shoulders balance with the waist armor. Combined with the branch-like horns, they establish a very strong tree theme. Like a hybrid of Renly Baratheon and the Mountain. His background is a clear nod to GoT Ser Robert Strong. I'd give a more subtle pattern to the bat wings, like straight chain mail, but it still looks great.

Zamitrias: Weird. Smells of Asian mysticism. I like how you combined the Seong Mina shoulder with the feathers of strength. And the orange/purple color scheme has that strange appeal. Not my style, but you might be on to something.

Alastor: Looks alot like Gatsu's DS Ornstein or Artorias, but you put an interesting nautical spin to it. Good job merging the scaly waist wrap into the zipper stickers on his flanks. Swimming pool pattern for extra water theme.

Treyfus: Sexaaay. He's like a pimped-out version of the Dark Souls 2 Dragonrider gone P90X. One of the most visually striking knights I've ever seen. Straight Dark Souls, this one. The golden horn extends out from the gold engravings on the siren's helm, which also connects with the gold of the cog crown and the gold on the FOS. Ventilation holes too! One thing I'd do is color match the neck wrap and shoulder armor with the waist cloth. When you have that much (awesome) shit going on, you gotta simplify your colors scheme.

Goliath: Magnificent. Bull-ish helmet looks great. Nice job with the gradient pattern on the horns for the gold accents. The way the gold stickers follow the natural flow of the breastplate is brilliant. Subtle gradient pattern on the shoulder armor to highlight the armpit ornaments is a great trick too. Perfect.

Overall: Rod, Trey, Goliath and Rukal are exceptional. FOS are by far the most popular SpecEq on the forums, but they've rarely looked this good. It's unfortunate much of the 8WR old guard isn't around to see these creations, but they are among the finest I've seen in a long time.

I'd also like to get your thoughts on some of my own creations. People tend to be a little too generous towards me (since I'm so charming), so your expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot @brucege!

Some observations:

1 - In fact for the combo egyptian skirt + wrestling belt on Rod, I was inspired by Gatsu's Zeus Cas, just to give credit XD.

2 - Funny story, Zamitrias was actually an attempt to make Treyfus, but I just didn't like the result (based on the character's background). But I kept the idea and gave it a little polish.

3 -
He's like a pimped-out version of the Dark Souls 2 Dragonrider gone P90X
For real, I laughed a lot at this! Funny thing is, it wasn't my intention for him to be like Dragonrider at first (clearly, just look at Zamitrias...), but after researching a lot, I thought it would be a good idea to use that color scheme.

Hey, I'm no expert, but I would gladly express my opinions on your work. Just do the requests and I'll see what I can do.

Stay tuned for new batches!

Here we go again with a new batch!

Now, this the Mystic Batch, this theme is related to angels, demons, spirits and other stuff like that. As always, I hope you guys enjoy it and leave your feedback!

Ashura as The Judge of Souls
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
The spirit world is an alternate reality of the mortal world and in it's heart is the Court of Souls, home to Ashura, the guardian of the spiritual world.

No one can pronounce his real name, because it wass designed in the language of the ancient gods. Nothing is known of its true origin, some say that Ashura was an old god who created the world of spirits, others claim that it was born with the spirit world, being an offspring of the ancient gods.

Anyway, Ashura has the power to bend anything within the spiritual world on his will and can look through all the spirits, being responsible for passing his judgment to them until the next incarnation.

Sirilla as The Empress of Dalerock (Disguise)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
Sirilla, actually a demon, has the special ability to cross the veil separating the mortal world from the spiritual one without being detected, even by the mighty Ashura.

As empress, Sirilla supports the chaos brought by her "husband" Roderic and swore loyalty to him, but actually works in favor of Mephilos, the Demon King who controls the underworld.

Sirilla as a Demon Warrior (True Form)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png
In her true form in the Underworld, Sirilla is known for her skills in combat, stealth, espionage, among other peculiar talents.

Using her disguise, Sirilla conspires with Mephilos to steal, on time, all souls accumulated by the endless wars promoted by Roderic to strengthen the Army of the Underworld.

In addition, Sirilla must use her influence as "empress" to try to find a boy who some rumors indicate that he is the only child of a human and an angel and perhaps the only being able to actually destroy the veils (not just pass through it) that separate the two worlds allowing Mephilos to conquer not only the Elysium, but the mortal world as well.

But always after finishing a conversation with the Demon King , after turn her back, you can repair an evil smile on her face, indicating that perhaps her true loyalty belongs to another being.

Hellen as an Angel Amazon (True Form)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png
Some years ago, a resident of Elysium, following the tradition, received permission to live temporarily among mortals and see the world through their perspective. The chosen one was Hellen, the Amazon.

To live in the world of mortals, Hellen fell in love with Richard, the son of Casemir's Duke, a small kingdom southwest of Dalerock.

Shortly before her time runs out, Hellen gave birth to Bernard, soon after Richard assume the post of Duke of Casemir, who was opposed to the cruel empire of Roderick.

Shortly thereafter, the emperor conquered Casemir, subduing the rebels and putting an end to the life of Richard. Hellen managed to escape with Bernard and deliver it to Kalandor monastery, a nearby town, before returning to Elysium.

Hellen as a Free Paladin (Human Form)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png
After returning to Elysium, Zaraliel the Supreme Angel, punished Hellen by not allowing her and any angel to visit the mortal world, afraid that other "half-breed" could arise.

To ensure that the worlds would be safe, the angels came to watch Bernard in the distance, waiting for some reason to act.

For years, Bernard seemed harmless, like a normal human being, but one day the traces of his spirit has been lost, and the angels could not trace him. Concerned with her son, Hellen left to try to move to the mortal world and search for him, but Ashura was there to stop her.

She challenged the Judge, but had no chance against the powers of Ashura, but he realized her love for the boy and believed she was the best chance to find Bernard.

So Ashura attacked Hellen, making it appear that he had destroyed her spirit, but actually carrying her to the mortal world in human form, giving it a deadline to meet Bernard.

Ashura: Interesting remix of your old Asura CaS. Great work with the demon face. That sticker usually looks "flat" on the face (by nature of bump-mapping), but the glowing eyes and helmet provide enough actual "rendering," i.e. 3D shaping, to make the build work. Superb job with that pocket sticker. You extended the pants onto the torso, and you stopped right at the point that viewers would start to notice the lack of pattern (which you kept subtle). This is exactly how one "pushes the system." That said, the design itself isn't as thematically coherent as I'd like. The top is all aquatic while the bottom is strictly samurai. It might help to carry the red color from the waist gear up to the shoulders and helmet. Otherwise I'd try swapping around some gear for a smoother blend of the aquatic and samurai themes.

Sirilla1: Your technique is unimpeachable for this design. Great job with the circular sticker on the cape. Also clever how you extended the cape onto the shoulders using the pocket stickers. The fur on the breastplate also echoes the fur on the gloves. Consistent level of detail top to bottom. The custom crown is also well made. It's a masterfully crafted character. For most other creators, I'd stop my review right here, but I know you're capable of even more than this. Step back for a moment, you'll see that the design doesn't blend well. I'd remove the pattern and pocket sticker on the dress for something that flows with the breastplate. Then I'd bring the gold accents closer to orange and tone the saturation way down.

Sirilla2: The raven wing sticker blends effortlessly with that breastplate and underwear. Great use of the makeup to bring out the cheekbones, which are perfectly aligned with the horns. It creates a familiar yet otherworldly look. Like Disney's Maleficent. I like the extensions to the boots with the griffin stickers. I'd turn the rest of the armor pink-ish to match the sticker color though. There's so much detail on this CaS that it would really help to lower the saturation and simplify the color scheme. For reference, see Devil May Cry's devil trigger forms: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/File:Vergil_DT_beowolf.png. With a few modifications, she'd probably be the best succubus on the forums.

Hellen1: This one is special. The FoS turn the Elysium headgear into a real helmet. The SpecEq wreathe, which you skillfully centered around the pre-rendered jewel, is an ingenious nod to the angelic halo. The Egyptian skirt gives a distinctly ancient look to the design. The gentle blue/gold/white color scheme blends well. This also softens the militaristic edge of the equipment. Everything you do for this character is design and equipment-specific, so she's literally one-of-a-kind. A couple of things I'd have done differently. The head has enough detail, so I'd remove the helmet fin and use the SpecEq to up the detail on the chest. Like using that eye protector SpecEq for a small chest ornament. It's also barely perceptible, but the leg armor's just a tad darker and more saturated than the top. I'd adjust that and also remove the socks. Baring the feet will up the level of contrast on the lower half of the body to balance with the higher level of detail on the top half of the body. Also, I suggest making a few adjustments to the body parameters. Minimize "upper arm" stat to shrink shoulder armor a bit. Slightly increase "waist" and "upper body (?)" stat so that the armor looks less like spandex. Slightly increase "lower leg/calf (?)" stat to bulk up lower body and counterbalance all the stuff going on up top (wings, helmet, etc.) Overall though - Bravo.

Hellen2: I like how you carry in the color palette from the previous design for her second form. The Viola hood tends to flatten the head, so the way you fluff out the top with the feather goddess brooches was very clever. They blend well with the hood's lacing too. Very nice, using that wreathe sticker to add a third rose to the neck region while tying the hood together. Great choice of hairstyle too, which provides that slight touch of asymmetry. Great job attaching that cross to the chain on the upper body armor. I'd consider replacing the cross on her crotch with some kind of soft pattern and/or vertical sticker (broad, so that it doesn't call to the viewer's mind a certain piece of the female anatomy.) Excellent female paladin design.

I have been drooling over these for days. The way everything comes together - color, pattern, equipment - is jaw-dropping. You have my envy, sir.

I just saw these : Rodrick, Alastor, Treyfus and Goliath head and helmets design struck me silly.
Not only are they technically and aesthetically very well done, but they also support the personality / concept of the CAS rank/type very well :)

I am not a big fan of Hellen as a free form (sorry Kieve and Brucege), but something tells me with the skills you now have, you should try and deviate from the angels and use this particular helmet and ExEq to create a Sci-Fi girl CAS, i never tried this combination on one of my CAS, that is just an idea i have, i won't do it, so it would please and maybe wow me if you (and/or Kieve, or Brucege) tried it out.
The faceguard looks just so much like the one from a space suit it screams sci-fi, that is if you can somehow turn the angel parts into something else using ExEq...
Chew on this padawan (if you are still around that is :)

Last edited:
Back